Advanced Dreamweaver training course teaching existing users more sophisticated techniques to power-user level.
- Creating a responsive website design.
- Incorporating animations, video and sound.
- Adding interactivity to your website.
Advanced Dreamweaver training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. We can provide your training in-class at one of our centres, at your venue, or online.
Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In lockdown or been furloughed?
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Been furloughed? You can still participate in training without this affecting your furloughed status, as confirmed on gov.uk.
Subject to Government guidance, we plan to recommence in-class courses late June, applying social distancing measures – fewer people per class, you won’t sit next to another person.
Accredited Dreamweaver training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited to provide Dreamweaver training.
Dreamweaver training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors with vast professional website development experience. See Expert trainers.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Dreamweaver, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Advanced Dreamweaver training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Advanced Dreamweaver training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Dreamweaver trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Dreamweaver, i.e. have attended Introduction to Dreamweaver training or have equivalent knowledge.
Training can be based on any version of Dreamweaver to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Dreamweaver training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Advanced Dreamweaver course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Advanced Dreamweaver course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Advanced Dreamweaver training courses are hosted by:
Greta Powell is long-established consultant and trainer in graphic design, print and digital publishing, specialising in Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator – and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
She also specialises in e-learning development using an array of tools including Adobe’s Captivate and Presenter applications, and Articulate Storyline.
Greta has worked as a consultant to some of the biggest publishing companies in Europe.
Away from her training and consultancy work, Greta has a passion for photography.
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
As a long-standing Adobe Certified Instructor, Pete has trained and facilitated individuals and teams from a wide range of industries from organisations including Coca Cola, Disney, Nestlé, Guinness and McDonald’s. expertise
Adobe applications in which Pete runs regular training courses include InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
In his professional work, Pete has worked in the field of design across a broad range of media for many years. He has specialist knowledge in a wide range of topics including:
- Illustration: Pete is an award-wining illustrator.
- Author: Pete has designed, written and illustrated over twenty published traditional print books on a variety of subjects including graphic arts.
- Interactive media, mobile publishing and app development for tablets and smartphones.
- Website development.
Away from training, Pete spends as much time as possible indulging his passion for outdoor pursuits.
Building page layouts with CSS
- Understanding how CSS Layouts work
- Creating a custom CSS layout from scratch
- Using new HTML5 tags for layout
- Using DIV tags for layout
- Creating multi-column layout
- Creating navigation bar with CSS
- Basics of rollovers as navigation bars
- Creating rollover images
- Inserting rollovers for navigation
- Understanding rollovers states
- Understanding how library items work
- Converting navigation to a library item
- Adding library items site-wide
- Customising a library item
- Differences between library items and templates
Working with text
- Using Standard Fonts
- Using Adobe Edge web fonts
- Using Google web fonts
- Creating unordered
- Creating ordered lists
- Indenting text
- Running a spell-check on web pages
Working with tables
- Creating tables
- Adding content to tables
- Customising tables with CSS
- Importing .CSV files as tables
- Importing Word and Excel files
- Replacing an existing table
- The different ways you can create web animations
- Importing Adobe Edge Animate animations
- Customising Edge Animate animations
Embedding video and sound
- Embedding a YouTube video on a web page
- Making YouTube video responsive
- Embedding HTML5 sound in a web page
Working with contact forms
- Creating contact forms
- Adding form elements
- Customising form elements
- Styling forms with CSS
- Different ways forms can be processed
- Using PHP to process a form
- Customising a PHP file for form upload
- Creating an image gallery
- Customising image gallery behaviour
- Embedding a live map on a web page
- Embedding Twitter stream on a web page
- Adding a Query accordion to a web page
- Adding JQuery tabbed panels to a web page
- Importance of Responsive Design Explained
- “Mobile First” Approach Explained
- Designing for Desktop, Tablet, Mobile
- Designing a Mobile Version of a Website
- Making a Website Responsive
Building a Website from scratch
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Dreamweaver course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer and other delegates participating in the Dreamweaver training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Advanced Dreamweaver courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Dreamweaver.
- If you don’t have access to Dreamweaver software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.