Dates and booking
Birmingham / Bromsgrove training centres
Advanced Illustrator training course teaching existing users enhanced skills, to power-user level.
Whether you are a graphic designer looking to create logos and info-graphics, a web designer looking for an integrated web graphics package or an illustrator looking to streamline the drawing process, this course will teach you stunning techniques to speed up your workflows and create slick graphics. Sessions include:
- Blending colours, lines and shapes.
- Advanced type and effects.
- Transparency and colour.
- 3D objects.
Whilst we have a standard syllabus for this course, as far as possible we tailor the training to focus on the techniques of interest to the delegates in attendance. Our trainer discusses this with the group at the start of the course.
At the end of the course, we run an open session looking at topics requested by delegates, answering any questions you have and looking at areas you’re having problems with.
Accredited Illustrator training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Advanced Illustrator training.
Advanced Illustrator training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in the application, with vast experience of using it professionally.
How will I learn?
Advanced Illustrator training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Illustrator.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Because of the flexible ‘workshop approach’ adopted with this course, delegates take their own notes on the topics covered, rather than work through a set training guide.
Delegates receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Advanced Illustrator training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Advanced Illustrator training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Illustrator trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Illustrator, i.e. have attended Introduction to Illustrator training or have equivalent knowledge.
Training is based primarily on Illustrator CC 2019. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Illustrator.
Advanced Illustrator training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Illustrator training available
As well as our scheduled courses, Advanced Illustrator training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Illustrator. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Illustrator training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Illustrator training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- Introduction – principles of colour management
- Calibration and profiling colour management policies
Blending colours, lines and shapes
- Blend tool
- Blending colours
- Blending shapes
- Gradient Mesh tool
- Colour groups
- Recolour artwork
- Search colours and swatches
- Spell checking
- Formatting type
- Style Sheets – Paragraph and Character
- Using Opentype
- Glyphs panel
- Fonts – searching and grouping
- Distorting type
- Type as masks
- Using Typekit
- Warp tools
- Live Paint – applying colour to paths and shapes in real time
- Distort and Transform – Pucker, Bloat
- Graphs – importing data, creating graphs
- Combining graphics with data
- Managing files through Bridge
- Organising files through Metadata
- Embedding/linking files
- Unembedding files
- Packaging files
- Multi-file place
- Links panel – managing placed files
- Constructing perspective grids
- Drawing in perspective
- Isometric drawing
- Rotate, Revolve and Extrude
- Applying surface textures
- Lighting and rendering
- Applying transparency
- Overprint preview
- Flattening artwork
- Transparency masks
Sending to print
- Colour separations
- Print options
Saving for the Web
- Slice tools
- Using the pixel grid
- Save for Web
- Export to Flash
- Generate and extract CSS code
- Export SVG graphics styles in CSS
- Variables – data-driven graphics
- Actions – creating repeatable processes in Illustrator
- Mixture of topics according to delegates’ requests.
Discounts and bundles
To make your Illustrator training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Illustrator training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Illustrator training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Illustrator training for less.
Illustrator training bundle
- Introduction to Illustrator (2 days), and
- Advanced Illustrator (1 day)
for £475 + VAT, saving £15 + VAT.
The bundle price is applied automatically when you book these two courses.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Illustrator course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.