Dates and booking
Birmingham / Bromsgrove training centres
Milton Keynes training centre
Reading training centre
Sheffield training centre
Advanced InDesign training course teaching existing users enhanced skills, to power-user level.
In this course, we delve deeper to explore various powerful but seldom discussed InDesign features that will prove invaluable whether you are a layout artist or a graphic designer. The techniques you will learn include:
- Handling colour with confidence.
- Harnessing the power of stylesheets.
- Streamlining your workflow and improving productivity, to get a greater return on investment.
Whilst we have a standard syllabus for this course, as far as possible we tailor the training to focus on the techniques of interest to the delegates in attendance. Our trainer discusses this with the group at the start of the course.
At the end of the course, we run an open session looking at topics requested by delegates, answering any questions you have and looking at areas you’re having problems with.
Accredited InDesign training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Advanced InDesign training.
Advanced InDesign training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in the application, with vast experience of using it professionally.
How will I learn?
Advanced InDesign training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running InDesign.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Because of the flexible ‘workshop approach’ adopted with this course, delegates take their own notes on the topics covered, rather than work through a set training guide.
Delegates receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Advanced InDesign training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Advanced InDesign training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their InDesign trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of InDesign, i.e. have attended Introduction to InDesign training or have equivalent knowledge.
Training is based primarily on InDesign CC 2019. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of InDesign.
Advanced InDesign training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request InDesign training available
As well as our scheduled courses, Advanced InDesign training is available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our venues in Bromsgrove, Reading, Milton Keynes or Sheffield, or yours anywhere in the UK.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in InDesign. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for InDesign training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an InDesign training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- Introduction – principles of colour management
- Calibration and Profiling
- Colour management policies
- ‘Keep with’ – controlling line breaks
- Baseline grids – aligning text to grids
- Hyphenation and justification
- OpenType fonts
- Overview of styling
- Nesting character styles inside paragraphs
- Applying sequential styles to multiple paragraphs
- List feature – creating multi-tier lists
- Using quick apply
- Anchoring techniques
- Adjusting Photoshop import options
- Creating captions – using image metadata
- Pen tool – drawing and modifying
- Cutting and Transforming shapes
- Pathfinder – combining shapes
- Outlining type
Using Adobe Bridge
- Organise, browse, locate and view creative assets
- Centralise access to project files, applications and settings
- Tag files with metadata and other labels for easy searching
- Mixing colours
- Overprint preview
- Flattener preview
- Viewing Separations
- GREP searches – advanced find replace features
- Data merge – merge text and images from database to create pages
- XML – reusing content to automate layout (overview)
Long document features
- Book – combining documents into a ‘book’ to arrange, control and output
- Control styling
- Page and chapter numbering
- Table of Contents
- Working with an object library
- Changing the library display
- Cataloguing objects
- Creating Buttons and Links
- Interactive forms
Preflighting, packaging and output
- Using the preflight command to check the integrity of a document
- Examining the PDF output flow and print commands
- Mixture of topics according to delegates’ requests.
- Topics typically covered include:
- The eye dropper
- Scissors and gradient tools
- Using step and repeat
- Controlling guides and grids
- Dragging and dropping text
- Pre-written scripts
Discounts and bundles
To make your InDesign training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted InDesign training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) InDesign training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get InDesign training for less.
InDesign training bundle
- Introduction to InDesign (2 days), and
- Advanced InDesign (1 day)
for £475 + VAT, saving £15 + VAT.
The bundle price is applied automatically when you book these two courses.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled InDesign course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.