Dates and booking
Birmingham / Bromsgrove training centres
Milton Keynes training centre
Advanced Photoshop training course teaching existing users enhanced skills, to power-user level.
- A detailed view of processing images through the Adobe Camera Raw interface.
- Handling colour and streamlining your web graphics creation process.
- Utilising Photoshop’s photography features to enhance and retouch images.
Whilst we have a standard syllabus for this course, as far as possible we tailor the training to focus on the techniques of interest to the delegates in attendance. Our trainer discusses this with the group at the start of the course.
At the end of the course, we run an open session looking at topics requested by delegates, answering any questions you have and looking at areas you’re having problems with.
Accredited Photoshop training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Advanced Photoshop training.
Advanced Photoshop training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in the application, with vast experience of using it professionally.
How will I learn?
Advanced Photoshop training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Photoshop.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Because of the flexible ‘workshop approach’ adopted with this course, delegates take their own notes on the topics covered, rather than work through a set training guide.
Delegates receive an e-certificate confirming successful course completion. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Advanced Photoshop training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Photoshop, i.e. have attended Introduction to Photoshop training or have equivalent knowledge.
Training is based primarily on Photoshop CC 2019. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Photoshop.
Advanced Photoshop training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Photoshop training available
As well as our scheduled courses, Advanced Photoshop training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Photoshop. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Photoshop training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Photoshop training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- Introduction – principles of colour management
- Calibration and Profiling
- Colour management policies
- Preset Manager – control tool settings
- Preferences – setting RAM and caches
- Migrate presets
- History logs
- Customising menu and shortcuts
- Pen tool – drawing paths and creating cutouts
- Cutouts – clipping paths
- Vector layers – fills and strokes
- Introduction – Non-destructive editing for Raw, jpg and tiff files
- Bit depth
- White Balance, Exposure, Highlights, Shadows
- Sharpening, Colour Manipulation, Lens correction
- Batch processing
- Alpha channels – saving selections/areas of colour
- Layer comps – controlling multiple layer versions
- Perspective Crop
- Puppet warp
- Vanishing point – using 3D planes in 2D images
- Print options
- Renaming files – in batches
- Using Metadata to create searches
- Contact sheets
- Image Processor – batch saving files
- Quick masks – masking with hard and soft edges
- Transforming – scale/rotate/skew/ distort/perspective/warping
- Image and canvas size
- Crop tools
- Content Aware scaling
- File formats – jpg, tiff, eps, psd …
Working with Creative Cloud
- Behance – publishing work to a wider audience
- Spot colours – Pantone™
- Indexed colours
- Duotone images
- Cell and Time-line animation
- Exporting to video
- Actions – recording repeatable steps
- Conditional actions
- Tool recording
- Data driven graphics – combining multiple images/text from database into templates
- Mixture of topics according to delegates’ requests.
Discounts and bundles
To make your Photoshop training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Photoshop training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Photoshop training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Photoshop training for less.
Photoshop training bundle
- Introduction to Photoshop (2 days), and
- Advanced Photoshop (1 day)
for £475 + VAT, saving £15 + VAT.
The bundle price is applied automatically when you book these two courses.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Photoshop course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
areas at my pace.
Very good instructor!"