Dates and booking
Live online training
Birmingham / Bromsgrove training centres
Advanced Premiere Pro training course for existing users, teaching new skills for creating eye-catching professional video.
By creating, editing and fine-tuning a series of pieces, you’ll master the advanced skills used by professional video editors to create polished video. You’ll learn a range of advanced concepts and techniques, including:
- Advanced project and media management.
- Working efficiently by optimising your workstation and workflow.
- Advanced video editing skills, covering tools such as slip and slide edits and Timeline edits.
- Advanced audio editing and correction, and using Adobe Audition.
- Dynamic Linking with After Effects and Media Encoder.
You’ll learn time-saving workflows, pick up countless tips and tricks, and be told about some pitfalls to avoid.
Whilst we have a standard syllabus for this course, as far as possible we tailor the training to focus on the techniques of interest to the delegates participating in the training. Our trainer discusses this with the group at the start of the course. At the end of the course, we run an open session looking at topics requested by delegates, answering any questions you have and looking at areas you’re having problems with.
If you want to take your video editing skills to the next level, this course is for you.
In-class or online
In-class courses are proceeding as normal at all centres during the lockdown that started on 5 November 2020. To read more, see Training during lockdown.
We’re taking comprehensive measures to ensure your health and well-being – fewer people in-class, you won’t sit next to another person, comprehensive cleaning. To read more, see Covid-19 measures.
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Upcoming course dates
Accredited Premiere Pro training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Premiere Pro training.
Courses are hosted by Chris Nelthorpe, an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and an Adobe Certified Expert in Premiere Pro.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Advanced Premiere Pro, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Advanced Premiere Pro training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Premiere Pro training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Premiere Pro trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Premiere Pro, i.e. have attended Introduction to Premiere Pro training or have equivalent knowledge.
Premiere Pro version
Training is based primarily on Premiere Pro 2020. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Premiere Pro.
All Premiere Pro training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Premiere Pro training available
Advanced Premiere Pro training is available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request Premiere Pro training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Premiere Pro training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled Advanced Premiere Pro training course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Mark is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) with expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Acrobat.
Mark has specialised in all aspects of the digital pre-press process for over three decades, including 18 years in California, where he worked as the production manager for the biggest print shop in the north part of the state.
He began training in 1998, and he holds a teaching qualification.
He has published five books, which you’ll find on Amazon, covering topics relating to graphic design and polytunnel gardening, one of Mark’s interests when not delivering training.
Session One: Advanced Project and Media Management
- Full proxy media workflow for high-end video projects
- Audio channel remapping
- Manual audio/visual synchronisation
- Manual sequence creation, such as 5.1 custom set-ups
Session Two: Advanced Video Editing Skills for use on the Timeline
- Track targeting & Source patching
- Lift & Extract
- Three and four-point edits
- Track Lock & Sync Lock
- Trimming with the keyboard
- Dynamic Trimming
- Variable retiming
Session Three: Advanced Audio Editing
- Applying track effects
- Automation using the Audio Track Mixer
- Creating submixes
- Dynamically linking mixes to Adobe Audition
Session Four: Advanced Dynamic Link Workflow
- Workflow for sending sequences to Adobe After Effects for complete finalisation
- Consolidating, transcoding and archiving projects
- Reintegrating extraneous work into Premiere Pro using Dynamic Link
- Adobe Media Encoder for background exports and queuing
- Topics requested by delegates
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Premiere Pro course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Premiere Pro training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Advanced Premiere Pro courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Premiere Pro.
- If you don’t have access to Premiere Pro software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.
Discounts and bundles
To make your Premiere Pro training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Premiere Pro training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Premiere Pro training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Premiere Pro training for less.
Premiere Pro training bundle
- Introduction to Premiere Pro (2 days), and
- Advanced Premiere Pro (1 day)
for £545 + VAT (classroom-based) or £415 + VAT (live online training), saving £75 + VAT in both cases.
The bundle price will be applied automatically when you add these two courses to your basket.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Premiere Pro course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
We offer a range of services to support your Adobe Premiere Pro development.
If you have a peak workload, or require assistance with a specific project, our highly experienced Premiere Pro specialists can carry out project work for you. We’ll be happy to quote for any project you’re looking to outsource.
Clients for whom our specialists have recently completed projects include Honda, Raytheon, Forces TV, British Forces Broadcasting Service and Giallo Films.
We can assist you with the production of audio to include in your Premiere Pro projects. We can:
- Provide spoken narrative, sourced by voiceover professionals.
- Advise on background music. We can suggest library music that fits your project from a wide collection we’re familiar with, or we can compose and create a bespoke soundtrack for your project.
- Edit your audio. We can trim and repair audio clips, add effects, set levels and mix. We carry out editing work using Audition, Adobe’s powerful audio workstation.
We can produce professional-standard video footage to incorporate into your Premiere Pro projects. We can cover all aspects of the filming process including:
We’ll film the scenes you want to include in your tutorials. With 25 years’ experience, our cinematographers/camera operators know how to convey your message with maximum visual impact. All equipment is provided, including cameras, lighting, microphones, etc.
From the footage recorded, we’ll produce professional-standard video, with audio and visual effects, that tells the story you want to convey.
Our consultants can provide expert advice on best practice and approach for your video production. We can advise on:
- Purchasing filmmaking kit and hardware. We can also train you in the use of your kit.
- Workflow and organisation of media.
- Timeframes and working with clients.