Advanced Premiere Pro training course for existing users, teaching new skills for creating eye-catching professional video.
By creating, editing and fine-tuning a series of pieces, you’ll master the advanced skills used by professional video editors to create polished video. You’ll learn a range of advanced concepts and techniques, including:
- Advanced project and media management.
- Working efficiently by optimising your workstation and workflow.
- Advanced video editing skills, covering tools such as slip and slide edits and Timeline edits.
- Customising movies created in After Effects. You’ll use this short car crash movie template (which you learn to create in our Advanced After Effects course) to learn how to edit text, change the typeface and type colour.
- Advanced audio editing and correction, and using Adobe Audition.
- Dynamic Linking with After Effects and Media Encoder.
You’ll learn time-saving workflows, pick up countless tips and tricks, and be told about some pitfalls to avoid.
Whilst we have a standard syllabus for this course, as far as possible we tailor the training to focus on the techniques of interest to the delegates participating in the training. Our trainer discusses this with the group at the start of the course. At the end of the course, we run an open session looking at topics requested by delegates, answering any questions you have and looking at areas you’re having problems with.
If you want to take your video editing skills to the next level, this course is for you.
Upcoming course dates
Accredited Premiere Pro training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Premiere Pro training.
Courses are hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors (ACIs). For details, see Expert trainers.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures implemented. Where numbers allow, you’ll sit at a desk without anyone sitting next to you.
All courses are available in our popular live online format.
How will I learn?
Premiere Pro training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Premiere Pro. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
Windows or Mac
Premiere Pro works almost identically on the Windows and Mac platforms.
Our centres offer both Windows and Mac computers for delegates to use, so you can choose to carry out exercises on the platform you’re familiar with.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A practical Premiere Pro training guide, to refer to during the course and use as a refresher after. This is provided in PDF format for you to view on-screen or print.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Advanced Premiere Pro training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Premiere Pro training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Premiere Pro trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Premiere Pro, i.e. have attended Introduction to Premiere Pro training or have equivalent knowledge.
Premiere Pro version
Training is based primarily on Premiere Pro 2022. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Premiere Pro.
All Premiere Pro training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Premiere Pro training available
Advanced Premiere Pro training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request Premiere Pro training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Premiere Pro training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled Advanced Premiere Pro course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Advanced Premiere Pro training courses are hosted by:
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
Alistair is a highly-experienced trainer with expert knowledge of various Adobe creative applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro. He has held Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) status for almost 20 years, delivering courses in both English and French.
Alistair has worked in a wide range of publishing roles including prepress production, graphic design and editorial production. He has delivered workshops and chaired debates at IT industry conferences.
When not training, Alistair works as a journalist and technical writer, writing on topics including digital imaging, computer arts, fintech, data security, AI and VR. He is a regular contributor to various computer and graphic arts magazines including The Register and Ars Technica, and is the author/co-author of several published books, including the best-selling Digital Designer’s Bible.
For over 30 years, Wolf has worked as a professional Visual Effects Artist, specialising in Motion Graphics, 2D and 3D animations and compositing, mainly in the film and broadcast television industries.
Wolf has worked as a professional trainer and university lecturer for over 15 years, equipping hundreds of people with skills to bring their ideas to life.
He trains people to a professional level in a range of industry-standard applications, including Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro and Audition, and Maxon Cinema 4D.
Mark is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) with expert knowledge of Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Acrobat. He also has expert knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D.
Mark has specialised in all aspects of the digital pre-press process for over three decades, including 18 years in California, where he worked as the production manager for the biggest print shop in the north part of the state.
He began training in 1998, and he holds a teaching qualification.
He has published five books, which you’ll find on Amazon, covering topics relating to graphic design and polytunnel gardening, one of Mark’s interests when not delivering training.
Session One: Advanced Project and Media Management
- Full proxy media workflow for high-end video projects
- Audio channel remapping
- Manual audio/visual synchronisation
- Manual sequence creation, such as 5.1 custom set-ups
Session Two: Advanced Video Editing Skills for use on the Timeline
- Track targeting & Source patching
- Lift & Extract
- Three and four-point edits
- Track Lock & Sync Lock
- Trimming with the keyboard
- Dynamic Trimming
- Variable retiming
Session Three: Advanced Audio Editing
- Applying track effects
- Automation using the Audio Track Mixer
- Creating submixes
- Dynamically linking mixes to Adobe Audition
Session Four: Advanced Dynamic Link Workflow
- Workflow for sending sequences to Adobe After Effects for complete finalisation
- Consolidating, transcoding and archiving projects
- Reintegrating extraneous work into Premiere Pro using Dynamic Link
- Adobe Media Encoder for background exports and queuing
- Topics requested by delegates
Live online training
Online training lets you participate in a live Premiere Pro course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and the other delegates participating in the course…
- Watch our trainer demonstrate techniques in Premiere Pro.
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to take control to explain something.
Like our in-class courses, online Advanced Premiere Pro courses…
- Are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors.
- Give you plenty of opportunity to carry out assisted, practical exercises using Premiere Pro.
- Offer 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
All you need is an Internet-connected computer with…
- Premiere Pro installed. If you don’t have access to Premiere Pro, we can usually send you a link to fully-functional trial software to download and install.
- A webcam and audio capability. If your computer running Premiere Pro doesn’t have these, you can use a second device, such as another computer or tablet. See Hardware recommendations for live online training for further details.
If there’s anything you’re not sure about we’ll do our best to help you. We won’t, however, be able to assist with your Premiere Pro installation.
We provide everything else…
- Links to download the files, resources, etc. you’ll use in your course.
- A training guide. For most courses, you can choose from a printed copy that we post to you, or a PDF.
In the week before your course, we’ll send you an email containing everything you need to prepare for and participate in the training. Then, a couple of days before your course, we’ll give you a courtesy call to make sure you have everything in place and answer any questions you may have.
Please note that we are not able to record scheduled online courses for privacy reasons.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time
Discounts and bundles
To make your Premiere Pro training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Premiere Pro training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Premiere Pro training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Premiere Pro training for less.
Premiere Pro training bundle
- Introduction to Premiere Pro (2 days), and
- Advanced Premiere Pro (1 day)
for £545 + VAT (classroom-based) or £415 + VAT (live online training), saving £75 + VAT in both cases.
The bundle price will be applied automatically when you add these two courses to your basket.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Premiere Pro course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.