Advanced Premiere Pro training course for existing users, teaching new skills for creating eye-catching videos that look polished and professional.
The course covers a range of advanced concepts and techniques used by professional video editors. You’ll learn by creating, editing and fine-tuning a series of pieces, mastering the advanced skills you need to create eye-catching videos, picking up many time-saving workflows and tools.
- Advanced project and media management.
- Working efficiently by optimising your workstation and workflow.
- Advanced video editing skills, covering tools such as slip and slide edits and Timeline edits.
- Advanced audio editing and correction, and using Adobe Audition.
- Dynamic Linking with After Effects and Media Encoder.
You’ll be taught best practices and countless tips and tricks, and you’ll learn about pitfalls to avoid.
Whilst we have a standard syllabus for this course, as far as possible we tailor the training to focus on the techniques of interest to the delegates in attendance. Our trainer discusses this with the group at the start of the course. At the end of the course, we run an open session looking at topics requested by delegates, answering any questions you have and looking at areas you’re having problems with.
If you want to take your video editing skills to the next level, this course is for you.
Upcoming course dates
Accredited Premiere Pro training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Premiere Pro training.
Courses are hosted by Chris Nelthorpe, an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and an Adobe Certified Expert in Premiere Pro.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Advanced Premiere Pro, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Advanced Premiere Pro training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Premiere Pro training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Premiere Pro trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Premiere Pro, i.e. have attended Introduction to Premiere Pro training or have equivalent knowledge.
Premiere Pro version
Training is based primarily on Premiere Pro CC 2019. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Premiere Pro.
All Premiere Pro training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Premiere Pro training available
As well as our scheduled courses, Advanced Premiere Pro training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Premiere Pro. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Premiere Pro training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and transfers
If a booking on a scheduled Advanced Premiere Pro course is cancelled giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If a delegate requests a transfer to a different scheduled Advanced Premiere Pro course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a transfer fee is payable. View transfer terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Premiere Pro courses are hosted by Chris Nelthorpe.
Chris is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in both After Effects and Premiere Pro. He is also an expert user of Adobe Audition. He uses all three applications extensively in his professional work as an Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Visual Effects Artist and Sound Designer.
Chris has worked on documentaries, short films, fashion shoots, corporate videos and features, editing over a hundred show reels for clients including Forces TV and British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS).
Session One: Advanced Project and Media Management
- Full proxy media workflow for high-end video projects
- Audio channel remapping
- Manual audio/visual synchronisation
- Manual sequence creation, such as 5.1 custom set-ups
Session Two: Advanced Video Editing Skills for use on the Timeline
- Track targeting & Source patching
- Lift & Extract
- Three and four-point edits
- Track Lock & Sync Lock
- Trimming with the keyboard
- Dynamic Trimming
- Variable retiming
Session Three: Advanced Audio Editing
- Applying track effects
- Automation using the Audio Track Mixer
- Creating submixes
- Dynamically linking mixes to Adobe Audition
Session Four: Advanced Dynamic Link Workflow
- Workflow for sending sequences to Adobe After Effects for complete finalisation
- Consolidating, transcoding and archiving projects
- Reintegrating extraneous work into Premiere Pro using Dynamic Link
- Adobe Media Encoder for background exports and queuing
- Topics requested by delegates
Discounts and bundles
To make your Premiere Pro training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Premiere Pro training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Premiere Pro training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Premiere Pro training for less.
Premiere Pro training bundle
- Introduction to Premiere Pro (2 days), and
- Advanced Premiere Pro (1 day)
for £545 + VAT, saving £75 + VAT.
The bundle price is applied automatically when you book these two courses.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Premiere Pro course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
We offer a range of services to support your Adobe Premiere Pro development.
If you have a peak workload, or require assistance with a specific project, our highly experienced Premiere Pro specialists can carry out project work for you. We’ll be happy to quote for any project you’re looking to outsource.
Clients for whom our specialists have recently completed projects include Honda, Raytheon, Forces TV, British Forces Broadcasting Service and Giallo Films.
We can assist you with the production of audio to include in your Premiere Pro projects. We can:
- Provide spoken narrative, sourced by voiceover professionals.
- Advise on background music. We can suggest library music that fits your project from a wide collection we’re familiar with, or we can compose and create a bespoke soundtrack for your project.
- Edit your audio. We can trim and repair audio clips, add effects, set levels and mix. We carry out editing work using Audition, Adobe’s powerful audio workstation.
We can produce professional-standard video footage to incorporate into your Premiere Pro projects. We can cover all aspects of the filming process including:
We’ll film the scenes you want to include in your tutorials. With 25 years’ experience, our cinematographers/camera operators know how to convey your message with maximum visual impact. All equipment is provided, including cameras, lighting, microphones, etc.
From the footage recorded, we’ll produce professional-standard video, with audio and visual effects, that tells the story you want to convey.
Our consultants can provide expert advice on best practice and approach for your video production. We can advise on:
- Purchasing filmmaking kit and hardware. We can also train you in the use of your kit.
- Workflow and organisation of media.
- Timeframes and working with clients.