Advanced After Effects training course for existing users, teaching you techniques to make your motion graphics stand out from the rest.
- Advanced workflows to enhance your post-production work, including visual effects, colour correction, grading and exporting.
- Advanced techniques such as 3D tracking, colour correction and grading.
- Keying techniques, such as Luma Mattes and Spill Suppression.
- Animation – deeper modes of expression.
Whilst we have a standard syllabus for this course, as far as possible we tailor the training to focus on the techniques of interest to the delegates in attendance. Our trainer discusses this with the group at the start of the course.
At the end of the course, we run an open session looking at topics requested by delegates, answering any questions you have and looking at areas you’re having problems with.
Upcoming course dates
Accredited After Effects training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Advanced After Effects training.
Courses are hosted by Chris Nelthorpe, an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and an Adobe Certified Expert in After Effects.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Advanced After Effects, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Advanced After Effects training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Advanced After Effects training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their After Effects trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of After Effects, i.e. have attended Introduction to After Effects training or have equivalent knowledge.
After Effects Version
Training is based primarily on After Effects CC 2019. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of After Effects.
Advanced After Effects training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request After Effects training available
As well as our scheduled courses, Advanced After Effects training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in After Effects. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for After Effects training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
Cancellations and transfers
If a booking on a scheduled Advanced After Effects course is cancelled giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If a delegate requests a transfer to a different scheduled Advanced After Effects course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a transfer fee is payable. View transfer terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Premiere Pro courses are hosted by Chris Nelthorpe.
Chris is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in both After Effects and Premiere Pro. He is also an expert user of Adobe Audition. He uses all three applications extensively in his professional work as an Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Visual Effects Artist and Sound Designer.
Chris has worked on documentaries, short films, fashion shoots, corporate videos and features, editing over a hundred show reels for clients including Forces TV and British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS).
- Move a Premiere Pro sequence or whole Project into After Effects for complete post-production work, including visual effects, colour correction, grading and exporting.
- 3D tracking – learn to get the most out of the built-in 3D Cameras Tracker effect. Exclude objects and people from the tracker and specify regions to track using masks
- Mocha for After Effects – use this powerful plug-in to solve difficult tracks, perform screen replacements, remove unwanted objects, and learn to use Mocha as your “roto assistant”.
- Cineware – add 3D models to a tracked scene using Cinema 4D Lite and the Cineware plug-in.
Colour correction and grading
- Lumetri colour – use the familiar colour effect in your compositions to correct and grade shots between Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Colour Finesse 3 – use this powerful, dedicated plug-in to colour correct and grade shots and add looks to your compositions.
- Secondary corrections – perform secondary corrections with both tools and utilise the power of masks to completely isolate colour corrections.
- Luma Mattes – replace blown-out skies and augment difficult green screen shots using luma mattes.
- Spill Suppression – learn advanced techniques to remove spill and protect the original footage.
- Deeper modes of expression – learn to combine expressions with existing keyframed animations and begin to write and save your own.
Discounts and bundles
To make your After Effects training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted After Effects training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) After Effects training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get After Effects training for less.
After Effects training bundle
- Introduction to After Effects (2 days), and
- Advanced Illustrator (1 day)
for £545 + VAT, saving £75 + VAT.
The bundle price is applied automatically when you book these two courses.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled After Effects course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
We offer a range of services to support your Adobe After Effects development.
If you have a peak workload, or require assistance with a specific project, Armada has highly experienced After Effects specialists who can carry out project work for you. We’ll be happy to quote for any project you’re looking to outsource.
Clients for whom our specialists have recently completed projects include Honda, Raytheon, Forces TV, British Forces Broadcasting Service and Giallo Films.
We can produce professional-standard features to incorporate into your video projects, such as:
- Motion graphics: we can produce titles to bookend your projects, and infographics to illustrate charts and figures that help to tell the story you require.
- Visual effects: we can significantly alter locations and weather.
We can advise on the use and choice of a wide range of library music which we can edit to fit your project exactly, or we can compose and create a bespoke soundtrack for your project.
Our consultants can provide expert advice on best practice and approach for your e-learning development. We can advise on:
- Lighting for specific effects setups, such as green screen photography.
- Purchasing post-production hardware and software so that you get the best out of your existing kit and future-proof your new purchases.
- Workflow and organisation of media.
- Timeframes and working with clients.