MadCap Flare training course teaching existing users how to use styles and stylesheets in Flare for efficient and consistent formatting.
Exploiting the full richness of CSS for formatting your Flare content will ensure that your help topics will look more professional, and will be easier to maintain.
MadCap Flare CSS training training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) MadCap Flare CSS courses.
This approach means that we can tailor your training to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK. Whilst attending training at our centres, delegates have the use of a computer running licensed MadCap Flare software to practice the techniques taught. If hosted at your centre, we can provide temporary MadCap Flare licenses for your training computers.
MadCap Flare training is hosted by a MadCap Accredited Instructor, with over 20 years’ experience working as a technical authoring professional.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for MadCap Flare CSS, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of a MadCap-accredited Flare CSS training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Flare CSS training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Flare, i.e. have attended Basic and Intermediate MadCap Flare training or have equivalent knowledge.
MadCap Flare version
Training can be based on any version of MadCap Flare to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for MadCap Flare training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an MadCap Flare training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- What are Cascading Style Sheets?
- IDs and classes
- SPAN and DIV
- Adding comments to a style sheet
- Creating a style sheet
- Modifying a style
- Applying styles
- Disabling styles
- Applying a global style sheet to a project
Text and list styles
- Fonts and font sets
- Creating style classes
- Adding borders to a style
- Specifying a bullet icon
Link/dynamic content styles
- Using pseudo class styles
- Formatting links and dynamic elements
- Creating a table style sheet
- Setting borders and separators
- Using headers and footers
- Applying a table style sheet
- Creating a table style for print
- Changing font family and size
- Removing link formatting
- Setting automatic page breaks
- Controlling widows and orphans
- Setting TOC and index styles
- Setting header and footer styles
- Page setup
- Creating printed documentation
- Removing unused classes
- Validating your style sheet
- Using the AIS Web Accessibility toolbar
- Installing multiple versions of Internet Explorer
- Viewing your topic in other browsers