Entry-level course introduces Articulate Storyline, and teaches everything required to build professional-standard, interactive e-learning content.
Articulate Storyline provides everything you need to develop professional-standard interactive courses accessible from any device. It is used by instructional designers, authors of e-learning content and anyone whose role involves developing online training tutorials whether that be in a full-time or part-time capacity.
Introduction to Articulate Storyline provides a thorough grounding for beginners, teaching all key techniques including:
- Understanding e-learning and planning an Articulate Storyline project.
- Creating a project, inserting scenes and slides, adding images, animation, and characters.
- Using all of the different assets and elements, including narration, audio and video.
- Review questions and quizzes.
- Publishing your project for the web, mobile distribution and to an LMS.
Introduction to Articulate Storyline training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) Articulate Storyline courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the e-learning development work you do.
Articulate Storyline courses are hosted by Greta Powell, a long-established consultant and trainer with expert knowledge of Articulate Storyline who has worked for some of the biggest companies in Europe.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- Comprehensive training materials for Articulate Storyline, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Introduction to Articulate Storyline training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Advanced Articulate Storyline training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Articulate Storyline trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Articulate Storyline knowledge is necessary.
Articulate Storyline version
Training can be based on any version of Articulate Storyline to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Articulate Storyline training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Introduction to Articulate Storyline course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Introduction to Articulate Storyline course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Articulate Storyline courses are hosted by Greta Powell.
Greta is long-established consultant and trainer with expert knowledge of Articulate Storyline who has worked for some of the biggest companies in Europe.
Her knowledge of a diverse range of applications compliments her Articulate Storyline knowledge. These applications include:
- Adobe Captivate (alternative e-Learning development application).
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (for graphic design, print and digital publishing).
- The Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Away from her training and consultancy work, Greta has a passion for photography.
Introduction to Articulate Storyline
- What is Articulate Storyline and Articulate 360?
- Articulate Presenter
- Articulate Engage
- Articulate QuizMaker
- Articulate Storyline secrets
- e-Learning templates
- Approaching Articulate Storyline course design
- Articulate Storyline and PowerPoint design blend
- Understanding Articulate Storyline flow
Planning an Articulate Storyline project
- Slide titles
- Course level structure
- Branch and lock slides
- Slide view / hiding
- Presenter selection
- Slide navigation
- Audio playlist selections
- Articulate Storyline properties
- Character sets
- Uploading character sets
- Manipulating character sets
- Animating a character
- Facial expressions with characters
- Posture with characters
- Working with states and triggers
- Character properties
- Inserting audio files
- Recording narration
- Timing animation
- Audio editor
- Editing audio in Articulate Storyline
- Record using webcam
- Record using external camera
- Recording hints and tips
- Working with Flash video
- Editing video in Articulate Storyline
- Skinning effects
- Drawing toolbar
- Add shapes
- Edit shapes
- Fill colours, gradients, transparencies, textures
- Working with Flash files
- Embedding Flash files
- Flash display options
- Flash conversions
- Embedding objects
- Size and display
- Working with objects linking and attachments
- Adding playlists
- Adding presenters
- Working with settings
- Presentation preferences
Articulate Storyline and PowerPoint
- Working with PowerPoint
- Combining both applications
- Custom animations
- PowerPoint graphics handling
- PowerPoint hyperlinks
- Working with branching
- Advanced animation techniques
- Motion paths
- Rollover animations
- PowerPoint multiple slide masters
- Articulate Storyline template customisation for PowerPoint
- Understand branching scenarios
- Working with controls
- Player control
- Colour schemes
- Text Label and colour effects
- Quizzing options
- Three learning quizzes
- Word quiz, choice, sequential
- QuizMaker quizzes building
- Quiz options
- Likert Scale
- Pick Many/one, short answer, which words, rankings in drag and ‘drop.
- Amount – how many?
- Organising and tailoring feedback message
- Scoring and Reporting
- Presenter Integration
- QuizMaker publishing quiz and surveys
- Slide view and freeforms
- Video quiz
- Animations with questions
- Graphical question and answers
- Quiz branchng
- Quiz templates
- LMS publishing
- Web publishing
- Articulate Storyline online
- Articulate Storyline podcast
- Articulate Storyline CD
- Articulate Storyline auto-run