Articulate Storyline training
2 days In centre:
Articulate Storyline training teaching everything required to build professional-standard, interactive e-learning content.
The tool-of-choice for many instructional designers, Articulate Storyline provides everything you need to develop high-quality e-learning content.
Articulate Storyline training provides a thorough grounding for beginners, teaching all key techniques. Sessions include:
- Understanding e-learning and planning an Articulate Storyline project.
- Creating a project, inserting scenes and slides, adding images, animation, and characters.
- Using all of the different assets and elements, including narration, audio and video.
- Review questions and quizzes.
- Publishing your project for the web and mobile distribution to an LMS.
This course is ideal for anyone whose role involves developing online training content using Articulate Storyline.
Articulate Storyline training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures implemented – reduced numbers, social distancing, you won’t sit next to anyone else, comprehensive sanitisation.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Articulate Storyline courses are hosted by Greta Powell, a long-established consultant and trainer with expert knowledge of Articulate Storyline.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- Comprehensive training materials for Articulate Storyline, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Articulate Storyline training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Articulate Storyline training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Articulate Storyline trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Articulate Storyline knowledge is necessary.
Articulate Storyline version
Training can be based on any version of Articulate Storyline to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Articulate Storyline training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Articulate Storyline course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Articulate Storyline course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Greta is long-established consultant and trainer in graphic design, print and digital publishing, specialising in Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator – and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Greta also specialises in:
- e-learning development using an array of tools including Adobe’s Captivate and Presenter applications and Articulate Storyline.
- Website development using WordPress and Dreamweaver.
Greta has worked as a consultant to some of the biggest publishing companies in Europe.
Away from her training and consultancy work, Greta has a passion for photography.
Introduction to Articulate Storyline
- What is Articulate Storyline and Articulate 360?
- Articulate Presenter
- Articulate Engage
- Articulate QuizMaker
- Articulate Storyline secrets
- e-Learning templates
- Approaching Articulate Storyline course design
- Articulate Storyline and PowerPoint design blend
- Understanding Articulate Storyline flow
Planning an Articulate Storyline project
- Slide titles
- Course level structure
- Branch and lock slides
- Slide view / hiding
- Presenter selection
- Slide navigation
- Audio playlist selections
- Articulate Storyline properties
- Character sets
- Uploading character sets
- Manipulating character sets
- Animating a character
- Facial expressions with characters
- Posture with characters
- Working with states and triggers
- Character properties
- Inserting audio files
- Recording narration
- Timing animation
- Audio editor
- Editing audio in Articulate Storyline
- Record using webcam
- Record using external camera
- Recording hints and tips
- Working with Flash video
- Editing video in Articulate Storyline
- Skinning effects
- Drawing toolbar
- Add shapes
- Edit shapes
- Fill colours, gradients, transparencies, textures
- Working with Flash files
- Embedding Flash files
- Flash display options
- Flash conversions
- Embedding objects
- Size and display
- Working with objects linking and attachments
- Adding playlists
- Adding presenters
- Working with settings
- Presentation preferences
Articulate Storyline and PowerPoint
- Working with PowerPoint
- Combining both applications
- Custom animations
- PowerPoint graphics handling
- PowerPoint hyperlinks
- Working with branching
- Advanced animation techniques
- Motion paths
- Rollover animations
- PowerPoint multiple slide masters
- Articulate Storyline template customisation for PowerPoint
- Understand branching scenarios
- Working with controls
- Player control
- Colour schemes
- Text Label and colour effects
- Quizzing options
- Three learning quizzes
- Word quiz, choice, sequential
- QuizMaker quizzes building
- Quiz options
- Likert Scale
- Pick Many/one, short answer, which words, rankings in drag and ‘drop.
- Amount – how many?
- Organising and tailoring feedback message
- Scoring and Reporting
- Presenter Integration
- QuizMaker publishing quiz and surveys
- Slide view and freeforms
- Video quiz
- Animations with questions
- Graphical question and answers
- Quiz branchng
- Quiz templates
- LMS publishing
- Web publishing
- Articulate Storyline online
- Articulate Storyline podcast
- Articulate Storyline CD
- Articulate Storyline auto-run
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a Articulate Storyline course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Articulate Storyline training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Articulate Storyline courses are presented by expert instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Articulate Storyline.
- If you don’t have access to Articulate Storyline software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.