Accredited AutoCAD for Mac 3D course introducing modelling concepts, and key techniques for working in AutoCAD for Mac’s 3D environment.
You will learn how to:
- Create 3D models from 2D designs.
- Use solid modelling, surface modelling and mesh modelling techniques.
- Create full working drawings of your 3D models.
- Produce visualisations of models, incorporating lighting and materials.
And more. Click here to see the full course syllabus.
Going to be using AutoCAD on a Windows computer? See AutoCAD 3D training.
AutoCAD for Mac 3D training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for users proficient in using AutoCAD for Mac for 2D drawing, who now want to take advantage of AutoCAD for Mac’s 3D modelling capabilities.
Is AutoCAD for Mac training industry-specific?
We will tailor the training we provide to reflect the industry you work in. We can incorporate your existing drawings and models into the training if required.
Accredited AutoCAD for Mac training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC). Our AutoCAD for Mac courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD for Mac training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using AutoCAD and a wide range of other CAD applications professionally. Your trainer will be familiar with using AutoCAD in the MacOS. See Expert trainers.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD for Mac training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A practical training guide, to refer to during the course and use as a refresher after. Choose from a printed, bound guide or a PDF – whatever suits you best. If you’re participating online and you choose a printed guide, we’ll post this to you.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD for Mac training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk.
After course support
Following AutoCAD for Mac training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
You should be familiar with the fundamentals of AutoCAD, i.e. have attended AutoCAD for Mac Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge through other means.
Ideally, you will be proficient in some or all of the techniques taught in our AutoCAD for Mac Intermediate course, but this isn’t essential.
AutoCAD for Mac version
Training can be based on any recent version of AutoCAD for Mac to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for AutoCAD for Mac training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request AutoCAD for Mac 3D course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request AutoCAD for Mac 3D course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
AutoCAD for Mac 3D training courses are hosted by:
Stewart began his working life as a junior draughtsman, and progressed through to Design Director leading a studio of designers working on both 2D and 3D projects.
He then worked for himself for over 25 years, completing around 100 design projects per year for a myriad of clients, including household names such as Vauxhall and McDonalds.
More recently, Stewart’s focus has been on training. He has been an Autodesk Certified Instructor since 2010, hosting courses in AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max, AutoCAD Plant 3D and SketchUp.
In between courses, Stewart uses these applications professionally when carrying out project work for clients. Using the applications regularly helps him to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and practices. He also specialises in the production of photorealistic rendered images and visualisations using renderers including V-Ray.
Outside of work, Stewart enjoys music (he runs the sound desk for a number of local bands), reading and playing with any new piece of technology he can lay his hands on!
Martin McCann qualified as an Architect in 1986, and he holds a teaching certificate (further and adult education).
He is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), a capacity in which he has taught thousands of professionals, including Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers, for over 20 years.
Martin has expert knowledge of Revit, NavisWorks, ReCap, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture, amongst other Autodesk applications.
He has been commissioned by Autodesk on multiple occasions to host sessions for them at locations including New York, Chicago, Moscow, Milan and Munich. He has trained Autodesk’s staff and many other Autodesk Certified Instructors, and has operated as a visiting Lecturer at the University of Northumbria and Cambridge School of Art.
Martin is the author of the McCann’s BIM Guides series of published Revit training manuals.
Shaun Bryant is an Autodesk Certified Instructor in AutoCAD and Revit, with over 33 years of industry experience.
Shaun has worked as a consultant, trainer, CAD manager, and user, with the earlier years of his CAD career in sales, pre-sales, and business development. He is an Autodesk Certified Instructor ACI and world-class LinkedIn Learning author of numerous AutoCAD and Revit online learning courses. He is also the owner and author of the reputable CAD blog, Not Just CAD!
He has been a director on the board of Autodesk User Group International (AUGI), and is a seasoned Autodesk University (AU) speaker and mentor. Shaun was the AutoCAD expert at the inaugural Autodesk University London in June 2017, he is an Autodesk Expert Elite and AutoCAD Influencer, and he’s the author of the recent Wiley title, ‘Tinkercad For Dummies’.
Away from training, Shaun is known to dabble in a bit of rock ‘n’ roll as an established singer/songwriter.
Rod has over 25 years’ experience working as a designer, visualisation expert and artist. His specialist areas include architecture, interior design and the production of photorealistic 3d virtual environments.
AutoCAD, 3ds Max and SketchUp have been the mainstay of Rod’s professional work for 20 years. He is also an expert in various related tools and technologies, including Photoshop, and he has expert knowledge of a wide range of renderers, including V-Ray, ART, Arnold and LightUp.
Rod has extensive experience training experience. He has worked as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Westminster on their Computer Visualisation course, and he is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor.
Away from his professional work, Rod is an accomplished artist and musician, and a prolific writer of novels, novella, poetry and prose.
Navigating the 3D space
- Changing workspaces
- Using the Viewcube
- Understanding the view controls and User Co-ordinate Systems (UCS)
- Using Dynamic UCS
- Using perspective and parallel views
- Primitive creation
- Boolean construction – Union, Subtraction, Intersect and Interfere
- Creating Lofts, Sweeps and Revolves
- Solid models with the Presspull tool
- Solid model editing
- Sub objection selection and manipulation within a solid
- Splines and their use in surface models
- Creating Lofts, Sweeps and Revolves
- Sub objection selection and manipulation within a surface
- An introduction to NURBS
- Conversion to a solid model
- Primitive creation
- Sub-object selection and manipulation within a mesh
- Smoothing and creasing a mesh model
- Conversion to a solid model
- Moving, rotating and scaling using the Gizmo
- Using the Rotate3D tool
Drafting in the 3D environment
- Lines, Polylines and 3D Polylines
Viewing 3D models and the paper space environment
- Viewport creation
- Creating a section and using the clipping planes
- Using the base tool to create a detail drawing set
- Using visuals styles and hidden line removal
- Output to a 3D printer for fast prototyping
- Camera settings
- Task and environmental lighting
- An introduction to materials
- Applying materials
- Render settings and output types
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real AutoCAD for Mac course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the AutoCAD for Mac training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online AutoCAD for Mac 3D courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using AutoCAD for Mac.
- If you don’t have access to AutoCAD for Mac software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.