AutoCAD Raster Design training course teaching how to convert images into objects you can work on in AutoCAD.
The AutoCAD Raster Design toolset lets you convert raster images, such as scanned drawings, aerial photos, maps, plans and satellite imagery, into vectorised DWG objects, extending their value.
Our AutoCAD Raster Design Essentials course teaches the key techniques, including the use of tools for ‘cleaning up’ and enhancing the images. Sessions include:
- Inserting and creating images.
- Tiling, saving and exporting images.
- Working with multispectral images.
- Correlating and rubbersheeting images.
- Enhancing the appearance of images.
- Editing images.
- Working with DEM data.
- Raster-to-vector conversion.
AutoCAD Raster Design Essentials training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) AutoCAD Raster Design courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in AutoCAD Raster Design.
Accredited AutoCAD Raster Design training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Raster Design training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Raster Design training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Raster Design training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Raster Design.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for AutoCAD Raster Design, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD Raster Design training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following AutoCAD Raster Design training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD Raster Design trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
A basic working knowledge of AutoCAD is recommended but not essential.
AutoCAD Raster Design version
Training can be based on any version of AutoCAD Raster Design to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for AutoCAD Raster Design training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request AutoCAD Raster Design Essentials course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request AutoCAD Raster Design Essentials course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Inserting and creating images
- Creating a new image
- Inserting images
- Using the Image Management option in Toolspace
- Masking images
Tiling, saving, and exporting images
- Working with tiled images
- Merging images
- Saving images
- Exporting images
Working with multispectral images
- Inserting and analyzing multispectral images
Correlating and rubbersheeting images
- Correlating scanned drawings
- Rubbersheeting images
Enhancing the appearance of images
- Using the Editing Filters
- Using the Bitonal filters
- Using the Convolve filters
- Working with the Histogram
- Controlling the colours with the Palette Manager
- Removing defects from an image with Editing Filters
- Editing images using Raster Entity Manipulation
- Merging vectors into raster images
Working with DEM data
- Inserting and analyzing DEM data
- Using vectorisation tools for Interactive Conversion
- Using vectorisation line following tools
- Creating contours with elevation using contour follower
- Converting text