AutoCAD Raster Design training
1 day In centre:
AutoCAD Raster Design training course teaching how to convert images into objects you can work on in AutoCAD.
The AutoCAD Raster Design toolset lets you convert raster images, such as scanned drawings, aerial photos, maps, plans and satellite imagery, into vectorised DWG objects, extending their value.
Our AutoCAD Raster Design course teaches the key techniques, including the use of tools for ‘cleaning up’ and enhancing the images. Sessions include:
- Inserting and creating images.
- Saving and exporting images.
- Correlating and rubbersheeting images.
- Enhancing the appearance of images.
- Editing images.
- Raster-to-vector conversion.
AutoCAD Raster Design training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. We can provide your training in-class at one of our centres, at your venue, or online.
Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
Been furloughed? You can still participate in training without this affecting your furloughed status, as confirmed on gov.uk.
In-class or online
In-class courses are now available to book again. We’re taking comprehensive measures to ensure your health and well-being – fewer people in-class, you won’t sit next to another person, comprehensive cleaning. To read more, see Covid-19 measures.
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Accredited AutoCAD Raster Design training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Raster Design training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Raster Design courses are hosted by Rod Cleasby, a highly experienced Autodesk Certified Instructor.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Raster Design training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Raster Design.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
AutoCAD Raster Design training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD Raster Design training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
We don’t provide a training guide for this course; we recommend that delegates take their own notes.
After course support
Following AutoCAD Raster Design training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD Raster Design trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
A basic working knowledge of AutoCAD is recommended but not essential.
AutoCAD Raster Design version
Training can be based on any version of AutoCAD Raster Design to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for AutoCAD Raster Design training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request AutoCAD Raster Design course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request AutoCAD Raster Design course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Rod has over 25 years’ experience working as a designer, visualisation expert and artist. His specialist areas include architecture, interior design and the production of photorealistic 3d virtual environments.
AutoCAD, 3ds Max and SketchUp have been the mainstay of Rod’s professional work for 20 years. He is also an expert in various related tools and technologies, including Photoshop, and he has expert knowledge of a wide range of renderers, including V-Ray, ART, Arnold and LightUp.
Rod has extensive experience training experience. He has worked as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Westminster on their Computer Visualisation course, and he is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor.
Away from his professional work, Rod is an accomplished artist and musician, and a prolific writer of novels, novella, poetry and prose.
Inserting and creating images
- Creating a new image
- Inserting images
- Using the Image Management option in Toolspace
- Masking images
Saving and exporting images
- Merging images
- Saving images
- Exporting images
Correlating and rubbersheeting images
- Correlating scanned drawings
- Rubbersheeting images
Enhancing the appearance of images
- Using the Editing Filters
- Using the Bitonal filters
- Using the Convolve filters
- Working with the Histogram
- Controlling the colours with the Palette Manager
- Removing defects from an image with Editing Filters
- Editing images using Raster Entity Manipulation
- Merging vectors into raster images
- Using vectorisation tools for Interactive Conversion
- Using vectorisation line following tools
- Converting text
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real AutoCAD Raster Design course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the AutoCAD Raster Design training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online AutoCAD Raster Design courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using AutoCAD Raster Design.
- If you don’t have access to AutoCAD Raster Design software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.