Dates and booking
Birmingham / Bromsgrove training centres
Milton Keynes training centre
Reading training centre
Adobe Captivate training course for beginners, teaching how to develop professional-standard e-learning content.
Adobe Captivate is the industry standard tool for developing e-learning tutorials and presentations featuring spoken narrative, animation, video and tests. Content is accessible locally, via Intranet or the Web, and it integrates smoothly with Learning Management Systems.
Introduction to Captivate provides a thorough grounding for beginners, teaching all key techniques including:
- Working with slides and masters
- Applying effects, adding buttons and rollover captions
- Using the timeline
- Inserting images and sound
- Inserting audio, video and animations
- Creating questions and assessments
- Publishing for Learning Management Systems
- Publishing for HTML5
This course is ideal for newcomers to Captivate, and those with limited Captivate experience.
Accredited Captivate training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Captivate training.
Captivate training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in the application, with vast experience of using it professionally for e-learning development.
How will I learn?
Captivate training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Captivate.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Captivate, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Captivate training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Captivate training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Captivate trainer to help with any post-course issues.
No prior Captivate knowledge is necessary.
Training is based primarily on Captivate 2017, as contained in Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2017. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Captivate .
All Captivate training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Captivate training available
As well as our scheduled courses, Introduction to Captivate training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres or your venue anywhere in the UK.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the e-learning development work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Captivate training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Captivate training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
The Captivate learning environment
Creating a new project
Adding and editing slides
Working with text captions
Modifying the pointer
Working with the timeline
Working with objects
Using Smart Shapes
Inserting animations and applying effects
Adding video to a Captivate project
Adding audio to a Captivate project
Exploring the ‘panning’ function
Recording software simulations
Importing PowerPoint slides
Using text entry boxes
Inserting rollover captions and images
Inserting question slides
Setting reporting options
High definition screencasts
Themes and project templates
Publishing for a Learning Management System (LMS)
Publishing to HTML5
Other reporting and publishing options
Creating aggregator projects
Discounts and bundles
To make your Captivate training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Captivate training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Captivate training for less.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Captivate course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.