Learn to create emails in HTML format that are visually appealing, designed to make it easy for the reader to process your message.
Whilst Dreamweaver is known primarily as a website development tool, it provides everything you need to create visually appealing emails in HTML format.
Creating HTML Emails with Dreamweaver training covers everything you need to undertake an email marketing campaign, teaching you how to:
- Create emails in HTML format designed to be easy to understand and respond to.
- Send the email as an ‘e-mailshot’ to your target market, learning about the various distribution options available.
You learn by creating your own professional working HTML email. At the end of the course, this can be taken away to use as a refresher.
This course is ideal for anybody whose responsibilities include creating and sending e-mailshots.
Two variants of this course are available, for:
- Non-responsive e-mailshots, i.e. one targeted at a specific device type such as a desktop computer or a mobile device (1 day).
- Responsive e-mailshots that automatically display correctly on any device (2 days).
Creating HTML Emails with Dreamweaver training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. We can provide your training in-class at one of our centres, at your venue, or online.
Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
Been furloughed? You can still participate in training without this affecting your furloughed status, as confirmed on gov.uk.
In-class or online
In-class courses are now available to book again. We’re taking comprehensive measures to ensure your health and well-being – fewer people in-class, you won’t sit next to another person, comprehensive cleaning. To read more, see Covid-19 measures.
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Accredited Dreamweaver training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited to provide Dreamweaver training.
Dreamweaver training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors with vast professional experience of mailshot design with Dreamweaver. See Expert trainers.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Dreamweaver, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Dreamweaver training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Dreamweaver training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Dreamweaver trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Dreamweaver knowledge is necessary. You do not necessarily need to know how to use Dreamweaver for website development before attending this course.
Training can be based on any version of Dreamweaver to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Dreamweaver training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Creating HTML Emails with Dreamweaver course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Creating HTML Emails with Dreamweaver course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Creating HTML Emails with Dreamweaver training courses are hosted by:
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
Greta is long-established consultant and trainer in graphic design, print and digital publishing, specialising in Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator – and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
She also specialises in e-learning development using an array of tools including Adobe’s Captivate and Presenter applications, and Articulate Storyline.
Greta has worked as a consultant to some of the biggest publishing companies in Europe.
Away from her training and consultancy work, Greta has a passion for photography.
As a long-standing Adobe Certified Instructor, Pete has trained and facilitated individuals and teams from a wide range of industries from organisations including Coca Cola, Disney, Nestlé, Guinness and McDonald’s. expertise
Adobe applications in which Pete runs regular training courses include InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
In his professional work, Pete has worked in the field of design across a broad range of media for many years. He has specialist knowledge in a wide range of topics including:
- Illustration: Pete is an award-wining illustrator.
- Author: Pete has designed, written and illustrated over twenty published traditional print books on a variety of subjects including graphic arts.
- Interactive media, mobile publishing and app development for tablets and smartphones.
- Website development.
Away from training, Pete spends as much time as possible indulging his passion for outdoor pursuits.
How do HTML emails work?
- The ‘bigger picture’ – webmail and email clients
- Examples of HTML emails and e-shots
- Enabling your HTML email to be displayed correctly
- Building a user friendly HTML email
- Distribution of HTML emails
- Introducing Dreamweaver
- Learning the interface
- Dreamweaver/Photoshop workflow
- Introducing Photoshop
- Learning the interface
- Photoshop/Dreamweaver workflow
- Understanding HTML code
- Viewing examples of HTML code
- Specific HTML email requirements
- Basic HTML exercises
- The research process – understanding your readers
- The design process – effective layout
- HTML email best practices
- Email marketing tips
Basic page creation
- Creating a new basic HTML page
- Adding and formatting text content
- Inserting graphics and images
- Testing and previewing the page
Page layout with tables
- Overview of tables
- Designing a page layout with tables
- Creating table structures
- Modifying and nesting tables
- Formatting text, images and data in tables
- Understanding links
- Creating links
- Creating email links
Working with graphics and images
- Overview of web-based image creation
- Sourcing, editing and optimising images
- Creating and manipulating graphics
- Creating slices, rollovers and hotspots
- Creating image spacers
- Testing your HTML email
- Uploading your HTML and images
Distribution and delivery
- Uploading your HTML and images
- Options – email service providers
- Plain-text alternative version
- Creating a mailing list
- Managing subscribers
- Scheduling and when to send
- Tracking, click-throughs, bounces and reports
- Anti-spam techniques
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Dreamweaver course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Dreamweaver training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Creating HTML Emails with Dreamweaver courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Dreamweaver.
- If you don’t have access to Dreamweaver software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.