One-day writing course that teaches skills for creating effective Requests For Proposals (RFPs) (also called Invitations To Tender or ITTs)
RFPs are used by both public and private organisations to solicit proposals from vendors and contractors for proposed projects and initiatives. High-quality RFPs set the tone for good communication between your organisation and your vendors, creating productive relationships.
Our Creating successful Requests For Proposals (RFPs) course is ideal for business and technical professionals who need to create RFPs, or are involved in evaluating or reporting on RFPs. You learn how to:
- Plan, structure and develop an RFP.
- Write high quality, clear requirements.
- Write technical requirements.
- Write requirements aimed at management.
- Request correct vendor qualification details and references.
- Request pricing details.
Creating successful RFPs training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) Creating successful RFPs courses. This approach means that we can tailor your training to your exact business needs.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
Creating successful RFPs training is provided by highly experienced instructors with 20+ years’ experience hosting courses such as this for business.
How will I learn?
Training combines lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice.
Exercises provide activity-based experience and help build delegates’ confidence writing RFPs. These exercises can be tailored to deal with issues specific to your business.
You have ample opportunity to discuss specific requirements with the trainer.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A training guide, to refer to throughout the course and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- A variety of tools, documents, templates and examples for use back in the workplace.
- An e-certificate confirming successful course completion. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Creating successful RFPs training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for creating successful requests training training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an creating successful requests training training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
RFP planning and development
- What is an RFP?
- Requests For Information (RFI)
- Developing the project
RFP overview and administrative information
- RFP overview
- Administrative information
Writing high quality requirements
- What are Requirements?
- Industry insight: poor requirements
- Solution vs. project scope
- Types of requirement in an RFP
Requirements writing techniques
- Traditional requirements
- Writing operational concepts
Writing the technical requirements section
- What are technical requirements?
Writing the management requirements section
- What are Management requirements?
- Project plan
- Project schedule
- Delivery and installation
- Maintenance and support
- Internal Business standards
Vendor qualification and references
- Example: vendor qualification and reference information
- Questions for vendors providing a vendor’s section
- Pricing using a template
- Pricing breakdown
- Validating prices
- Pricing issues
Contracts and licenses
- Types of contract and licenses
- Evaluation guidelines
- Evaluation criteria
- Identifying evaluation criteria
- Applying the criteria
- Best and final offers
- After the decision