Dreamweaver training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for creating stunning new websites and maintaining existing websites.
Adobe Dreamweaver gives you faster, easier ways to design, code and publish websites and web applications that look amazing on any size screen.
Our Introduction to Dreamweaver course introduces the powerful capabilities of Dreamweaver. You learn how to:
- Quickly and easily design and build a professional website.
- Use CSS to layout and manage your website.
- Create, edit and optimise graphics to incorporate into your website design.
- Connect your website to the Internet, and upload and maintain your website files.
This course is ideal for new and novice website designers.
Introduction to Dreamweaver training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures implemented – reduced numbers, social distancing, you won’t sit next to anyone else, comprehensive sanitisation.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Accredited Dreamweaver training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited to provide Dreamweaver training.
Dreamweaver training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors with vast professional website development experience. See Expert trainers.
How will I learn?
Dreamweaver training is hands-on and practical. You learn by creating your own fully functioning website from scratch, covering all related topics along the way.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Dreamweaver, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Dreamweaver training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Dreamweaver training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Dreamweaver trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Adobe Dreamweaver knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any version of Dreamweaver to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Dreamweaver training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Introduction to Dreamweaver course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Introduction to Dreamweaver course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Introduction to Dreamweaver training courses are hosted by:
Greta is long-established consultant and trainer in graphic design, print and digital publishing, specialising in Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator – and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
She also specialises in e-learning development using an array of tools including Adobe’s Captivate and Presenter applications, and Articulate Storyline.
Greta has worked as a consultant to some of the biggest publishing companies in Europe.
Away from her training and consultancy work, Greta has a passion for photography.
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
As a long-standing Adobe Certified Instructor, Pete has trained and facilitated individuals and teams from a wide range of industries from organisations including Coca Cola, Disney, Nestlé, Guinness and McDonald’s. expertise
Adobe applications in which Pete runs regular training courses include InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
In his professional work, Pete has worked in the field of design across a broad range of media for many years. He has specialist knowledge in a wide range of topics including:
- Illustration: Pete is an award-wining illustrator.
- Author: Pete has designed, written and illustrated over twenty published traditional print books on a variety of subjects including graphic arts.
- Interactive media, mobile publishing and app development for tablets and smartphones.
- Website development.
Away from training, Pete spends as much time as possible indulging his passion for outdoor pursuits.
- The Dreamweaver interface
- Customising the Dreamweaver workspace
- Setting up preview in web browsers
- Opening web pages
HTML and CSS basics
- Basics of HTML
- Basics of CSS
- Creating an HTML page from scratch
- DocType explained
- Styling a page with HTML
Working with CSS
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) explained
- Introduction to CSS3 new features
- Creating a page with CSS
- Customising the layout of a web page
- Adding content
Working with images
- Using images on a Web Page
- Floating images and text around them
- Resizing images
- Modifying images with Dreamweaver
- Modifying images with Photoshop
- Adjusting images’ brightness and contrast
- Sharpening images with Dreamweaver
Working with video
- HTML5 video explained
- Placing HTML5 video on a page
- Adding alternate video formats
Formatting pages with CSS
- Creating a stylesheet
- Formatting text with CSS
- New CSS designer
- Creating new CSS rules
- Creating new CSS classes
- Cascading explained
- Customising CSS rules
- Exporting CSS rules to external stylesheet
- Attaching external stylesheet
- Navigation as part of usability
- Creating internal links
- Creating external links
- Linking to files
- Email links
- Targeted links (named anchors)
- Navigation bars
Working with templates
- How templates work
- Creating a template
- Creating editable regions within template
- New pages from a template
- Changing templates
- Updating a site
Publishing your Website
- Testing your web pages
- Setting up website for remote connection
- Connecting to a remote site
- Uploading files to a web server
- Synchronising files with a remote server
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Dreamweaver course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Dreamweaver training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Introduction to Dreamweaver courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Dreamweaver.
- If you don’t have access to Dreamweaver software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.