Lightroom training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for editing, organising and showcasing your images.
Adobe Lightroom is essential for today’s digital photography workflow, providing everything you need to manage and work with your images.
Lightroom training provides a thorough grounding in the application. You’ll learn how to:
- Import, process and manage your images.
- Manipulate and edit your images, including colour correction and defect removal.
- Showcase your images.
Lightroom training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
The standard course duration is two days. We offer the option of a cut-down, one-day course focussing on topics of your choice.
In-class or online
Following the announcement on 4th January that England must enter a new national lockdown, Armada cancelled all in-class courses in January, February and March. We anticipate being able to offer in-class training again from April onwards, subject to Government guidance.
We continue to offer all courses in our live online format.
Accredited Lightroom training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Lightroom training.
Lightroom courses are hosted by highly experienced Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in Lightroom and professional photographers. For details, see Expert trainers.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Lightroom, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Lightroom training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Lightroom training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Lightroom trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Lightroom knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any version of Lightroom to suit you.
All Lightroom training is suitable for Windows and Mac users alike.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Lightroom training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Lightroom course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Lightroom course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Lightroom training courses are hosted by:
Ken is a Professional Photographer and Digital Trainer. He is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and a qualified teacher.
Ken specialises in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. He is an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in both applications, which he has used extensively in his work for over 20 years.
Ken’s mix of a practical Photographic background and extensive teaching experience in colleges, universities and the adult lifelong learning sector gives him a unique perspective on creating a learning environment which enables learners to achieve and excel.
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
Exploring Lightroom’s interface
- Understanding how Lightroom works
- Lightroom’s workspace, panels and modules
- Typical workflow
Introducing the workspace
- Adjusting workspace layout
- Using a secondary display
- Working with panels and view modes
- Personalising the identity plate
- The import process
- Organising images in folders
- Backup strategies
- Renaming files and applying metadata
- Importing via drag and drop and from watched folder
- Viewing and managing images
- Grid view and survey view
- Comparing and flagging images
- Creating a quick collection
- Working with filmstrip
Organising and selecting
- Creating folders and subfolders
- Synchronising folders
- Using collection and smart collection
- Applying keyword tags, flags and ratings
- Using the filter bar
Developing and editing
- Quick develop
- The develop module
- Cropping, rotating and flipping images
- Creating virtual copies
- Removing spots
- Basic colour corrections
- Graduated filter and adjustment brush
- Working with external image editor
- Setting up a slideshow
- The slideshow module
- Using templates
- Customising the slideshow
- Exporting a slideshow
- The print module
- Using print templates
- Customising print templates
- Using colour management
Publishing photos on the Web
- The web module
- Creating a web gallery
- Working with templates
- Customising your web gallery
- Exporting your gallery
Creating backups and exporting photos
- Backing up the catalogue file and library
- Exporting images as JPEGs and PSDs
- Creating presets
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Lightroom course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Lightroom training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Lightroom courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Lightroom.
- If you don’t have access to Lightroom software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.