MadCap Flare training course teaching existing users how to produce multiple outputs, i.e. print and online, from a single Flare project source.
MadCap Flare Single Sourcing training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) MadCap Flare courses.
This approach means that we can tailor your training to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK. Whilst attending training at our centres, delegates have the use of a computer running licensed MadCap Flare software to practice the techniques taught. If hosted at your centre, we can provide temporary MadCap Flare licenses for your training computers.
MadCap Flare training is hosted by a MadCap Accredited Instructor, with over 20 years’ experience working as a technical authoring professional.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for MadCap Flare Single Sourcing, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of a MadCap-accredited Single Sourcing training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following MadCap Flare Single Sourcing training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Flare, i.e. have attended Basic and Intermediate MadCap Flare training or have equivalent knowledge.
MadCap Flare version
Training can be based on any version of MadCap Flare to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for MadCap Flare training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an MadCap Flare training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
- What is single sourcing?
- Single sourcing features in Flare
- IDs and classes
- About the sample project
- Best practices for importing documents
- Importing a Word document
- Importing a FrameMaker document
- Re-importing documents
TOCs and outlines
- Linking TOCS and outlines
- Creating cross references
- Creating topics for TOCs, indexes and lists
Variables and snippets
- Using MadCap Analyzer
- Creating and inserting variables
- Condition tags
- Creating a tag
- Applying tags to content, topics and folders
Layouts and master pages
- Creating a page layout
- Adding running headings
- Adding system variables
- Adding pages to a page layout
- Duplicating a page layout
- Creating a landscape layout
- Creating a master page
- Applying layouts and master pages
- Applying a style sheet to all topics
- Formatting headers and footers
- Using medium types to format content
- Formatting cross references
- Automatic page breaks for print
- Renaming and duplicating a target
- Configuring online or print targets
- Creating a publishing destination
- Publishing a target
- Batch generating targets
- Creating a new project
- Importing and re-using topics
- Importing and re-using layouts and master pages