Microsoft Outlook is the de-facto standard application for information management, offering email, a calendar, contact manager, task manager and other useful features.
Armada offers Outlook training at all levels:
Microsoft Outlook training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
You can, for example, build your own Outlook course, choosing some introductory-level topics, some advanced, and even topics not listed on our standard syllabuses.
Exercises provide activity-based experience and help build delegates’ confidence using Outlook.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Expert Microsoft Outlook trainers
Microsoft Outlook training is hosted by highly experienced instructors. See Expert trainers.
Introduction to Microsoft Outlook training (1 day)
Provides a thorough grounding in Microsoft Outlook, teaching the key skills you need to use the application effectively. The topics covered include:
- The Outlook interface.
- Sending and receiving emails.
- Email management.
- Introduction to the calendar, contact manager and task manager.
Prerequisites: You should have a working knowledge of Windows. No prior Outlook knowledge is necessary.
Advanced Microsoft Outlook training (1 day)
Covers Outlook’s advanced features, and teaches techniques for increasing speed and efficiency. The topics covered include:
- Advanced calendar, contacts and task manager features.
- Personalised email options.
- Customising the Outlook interface.
Prerequisites: You should have attended Introduction to Microsoft Outlook training or have equivalent knowledge.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Outlook, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- An e-certificate confirming successful course completion. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Training can be based on any recent version of Outlook.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Microsoft Office training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Microsoft Outlook course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Microsoft Outlook course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Microsoft Outlook training courses are hosted by:
Simon has been a Microsoft Trainer and Consultant since 2007.
He has expert knowledge of a wide range of applications in the Office family. As well as the mainstream products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc., he hosts courses in the more niche tools including Yammer, Teams, Sway, Office365 Video and Planner.
When training, Simon strives to build confidence in all attendees. He achieves this by engaging and interacting with them, creating good rapport and enabling them to be involved. In doing this, Simon forms a high-quality learning environment that makes it easy for people to learn.
Tim is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Office Specialist, Master and Expert. He has vast experience training in all recent versions of Office, as well as related applications such as SharePoint, Project and Access.
Tim has worked in the IT Industry for over 30 years. Prior to specialising in Microsoft Office training, he held roles in software development, application design and project management.
Tim is passionate about training and is known for his approachable, relaxed style of delivery. He gets tremendous satisfaction from facilitating in the development of other people.
Wendy Sprakes is a Microsoft Master Instructor (MMI) and a qualified teacher (QTS).
Wendy began her working life as a CAD operator, working through the ranks of trainee draughtsman, graduating as a professional Mechanical Engineer, through to Project Engineer in the CAE Industry.
She then went on to qualify as a teacher, and has been hosting Microsoft Office courses since 2000. Wendy trains all applications in the Office suite, including Word, Excel and other, more niche applications such as Visio and Project, from beginner to advanced and customised level. Wendy has been a staff member, delivering IT and Project Management modules for Chesterfield College, and a course leader for Microsoft Project at Sheffield Hallam University for five years.
Away from training, Wendy is an accomplished jazz musician. Her music enjoys regular airplay on both regional and national stations including BBC and JazzFM.
Doug is a skilled instructor with over 25 years’ experience of delivery training in Microsoft Office and related applications, including Project, SharePoint, Teams and VBA.
In recent years, Doug has delivered training to a wide range of blue-chip companies and public sector organisations including the United Nations, the RAF, Police, NHS, Etihad Airways and Astra Zeneca.
Doug holds an MBA, and he has numerous professional and training accreditations, including:
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Office and SharePoint
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) to Advanced Level
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist Instructor (MCASI)
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a Microsoft Office course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Microsoft Office training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Microsoft Outlook courses are presented by expert instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Microsoft Office.
- If you don’t have access to Microsoft Office software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.