Mudbox Essentials training
2 days In centre:
Mudbox course for beginners, teaching key techniques for digital sculpting and texture painting.
Autodesk Mudbox software gives modellers and texture artists the freedom to create 3D digital artwork intuitively, as if they are working with clay and paint.
Our Mudbox Essentials course teaches newcomers how to:
- Work in a production environment.
- Understand the mechanics of Mudbox.
- Sculpt 3D models using a variety of techniques.
- Work with materials to texture your models.
- Use lighting as a modelling aid.
Mudbox Essentials training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. We can provide your training in-class at one of our centres, at your venue, or online.
Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In-class or online
In-class courses are proceeding as normal at all centres during the lockdown that started on 5 November 2020. To read more, see Training during lockdown.
We’re taking comprehensive measures to ensure your health and well-being – fewer people in-class, you won’t sit next to another person, comprehensive cleaning. To read more, see Covid-19 measures.
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Accredited Mudbox training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), accredited to provide Mudbox training.
Mudbox courses are hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors who are experts in 3D design, CGI and character animation.
How will I learn?
Mudbox training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Mudbox.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Mudbox, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Mudbox training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Mudbox training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Mudbox trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Mudbox knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any recent version of Mudbox to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Mudbox training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Mudbox Essentials course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Mudbox Essentials course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Digital sculpting workflow
Texture painting workflow
Navigating image browser
Texture painting in layers
Creating Custom Stamps and Stencils
Understanding and using sculpt layers
Customising brush settings
Steady stroke for straight lines
Constraining strokes to curves
Painting layer masks
Changing brush falloffs
Depth of field
Adding and editing materials
Viewing mesh UVs
Meshes with multiple UV tiles
Interface and work area overview
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Mudbox course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Mudbox training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Mudbox Essentials courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Mudbox.
- If you don’t have access to Mudbox software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.