Dates and booking
Live online training
Premiere Pro training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for editing, adjusting and refining video.
Adobe Premiere Pro is the industry-leading video editing software. It is widely used by:
- Mainstream broadcasters and studios.
- Public sector organisations with a requirement to edit video, such as local councils and police forces.
- Designers and creatives.
Our Introduction to Premiere Pro course provides a thorough grounding in the application. The topics covered include adding video effects, exporting frames, clips and sequences, and managing your projects.
This course is ideal for newcomers to Premiere Pro, and those with limited Premiere Pro experience.
Upcoming course dates
Accredited Premiere Pro training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Premiere Pro training.
Courses are hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors (ACIs). For details, see Expert trainers.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures implemented – reduced numbers, social distancing, you won’t sit next to anyone else, comprehensive sanitisation.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
How will I learn?
Premiere Pro training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Premiere Pro. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
Windows or Mac
Premiere Pro works almost identically on the Windows and Mac platforms.
Our centres offer both Windows and Mac computers for delegates to use, so you can choose to carry out exercises on the platform you’re familiar with.
Premiere Pro training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A practical Premiere Pro training guide, to refer to during the course and use as a refresher after. Choose from a printed, bound guide or a PDF – whatever suits you best. If you’re participating online and you choose a printed guide, we’ll post this to you.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Premiere Pro course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Premiere Pro training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Premiere Pro trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Premiere Pro knowledge is necessary.
Premiere Pro version
Training is based primarily on Premiere Pro 2021. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Premiere Pro.
All Premiere Pro training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Premiere Pro training available
Introduction to Premiere Pro training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request Premiere Pro training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Premiere Pro training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled Introduction to Premiere Pro training course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Mark is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) with expert knowledge of Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Acrobat. He also has expert knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D.
Mark has specialised in all aspects of the digital pre-press process for over three decades, including 18 years in California, where he worked as the production manager for the biggest print shop in the north part of the state.
He began training in 1998, and he holds a teaching qualification.
He has published five books, which you’ll find on Amazon, covering topics relating to graphic design and polytunnel gardening, one of Mark’s interests when not delivering training.
Session One: Getting Started with Premiere Pro
- Launching a New Project
- Touring the Premiere Pro Interface
- Exploring Preferences
- Exploring Keyboard Shortcuts
Session Two: Importing and Organising Media Assets
- Getting Started
- Importing Video and audio files
- The Media Browser and P2 files
- Synchronising audio and video with Merge Clips
- A note about Conforming
- Using the Storyboard feature in the Project panel
Session Three: Basic Editing
- Creating new sequences automatically
- Moving clips to the Timeline
- Moving, trimming and deleting clips on the Timeline
- Markers and Subclips
- Using the Source monitor; editing clips with In and Out points
- Inserting and overwriting edits
- Working with Linked Selection
Session Four: Refining the Edit
- The Toolbar
- Ripple and Rolling edits, creating J and L cuts
- Slip and Slide edits
- Lift and Extract
Session Five: Adding Effects and Transitions
- Adding Transitions
- Adding Effects and Keyframes
- Applying Keyframes to the Timeline
- Basic time changes
- Colour Grading
- Compositing with Ultra Key
- Rendering and previews
Session Six: Audio Editing and Mixing
- Adjusting clip volume
- Cleanup and optimisation with the new Essential Sound panel
- Using the Audio Track Mixer
Session Seven: Additional Editing Techniques and Titling
- Offline media
- Replacing clips on the Timeline
- Adding titles with the new Essential Graphics panel
Session Eight: Multi-Camera Editing
- Organising and selecting camera angles for Multi-Camera mode
- Creating a Multi-Camera edit
Session Nine: Exporting
- Exporting single frames
- Exporting audio
- Exporting to web-ready video
- Exporting video with the Adobe Media Encoder
Session Ten: Project Management
- Copying projects to a new location
- Consolidating and archiving projects
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Premiere Pro course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Premiere Pro training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Introduction to Premiere Pro courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Premiere Pro.
- If you don’t have access to Premiere Pro software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.
Discounts and bundles
To make your Premiere Pro training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Premiere Pro training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Premiere Pro training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Premiere Pro training for less.
Premiere Pro training bundle
Book classroom-based courses in:
- Introduction to Premiere Pro (2 days), and
- Advanced Premiere Pro (1 day)
for £545 + VAT (classroom-based) or £415 + VAT (live online training), saving £75 + VAT in both cases.
The bundle price will be applied automatically when you add these two courses to your basket.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Premiere Pro course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.