Two-day proposal writing course that teaches how to create effective, well-structured technical proposals.
To maximise effectiveness in today’s business environment, communications on technical subjects need to be clear, precise and persuasive. Producing documents that meet this criteria will help you get better results from your proposals, recommendation reports and other business documents.
Our Writing technical proposals course is ideal for anyone who wants to significantly improve their chances of getting their proposals accepted. Typical delegates include:
- Managers at all levels.
- Management-track professionals.
- Employees who have to prepare technical proposals on a regular basis.
Delegates learn how to create effective, well-structured technical proposals that:
- Convey a credible message.
- Project a professional image.
Writing technical proposals training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) Writing technical proposals courses. This approach means that we can tailor your training to your exact business needs. The course is structured so that your proposals can be integrated into the course flow.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
Writing technical proposals training is provided by highly experienced instructors with 20+ years’ experience writing documents for business.
How will I learn?
Training combines lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice.
Exercises provide activity-based experience and help build delegates’ confidence writing effectively. These exercises can be tailored to deal with issues specific to your business.
You have ample opportunity to discuss specific requirements with the trainer.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Writing technical proposals, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- Job aids and roadmaps to use post-course.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of a Writing technical proposals training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Writing technical proposals training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for writing technical proposals training training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an writing technical proposals training training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Why good writing matters
- Benefits for your business
- Benefits for the reader
- Benefits for the writer
Audience identification and analysis
- Who are your readers?
- Dealing with differing communication styles
- Creating audience personas
Writing documents to address business problems
- Quantifying business impact
- Clearly identifying scope
- The Seven-step proposal development process
Structuring your document
- High-level structures for business documents
- Developing detailed document structure
- The seven-step proposal development process
Drafting your document
- Writing clear recommendations
- Producing your first draft
- Using a prototype
Writing clearly and concisely
- Grammar issues
- Signalling in your document
- Reviewing your document
Editing for consistency
- Why consistency is important
- Spelling and punctuation
- Editing best practice
Writing to persuade your readers
- Making credible claims
- Avoiding oversimplification
- Substantiating your arguments