Equal opportunities statement
Armada believes that equality of opportunity is key in achieving its mission of providing training of the highest quality at an affordable price, and enhancing professional skills that delegates need to fulfil their role to the utmost standards.
Armada aims to create an environment in which staff are selected and treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, marital status or family circumstances.
Armada has responsibility for protecting and adhering to this statement and Armada policies which support it. Armada has a responsibility to apply the principles of this statement in its dealings with others both internal and external to the company.
Armada will take steps to encourage staff to:
- treat others with respect at all times
- actively discourage discriminatory behaviour or practice
Armada is committed to change unfair and discriminatory practices wherever they occur. It is also committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for work in which all individuals have the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Operate a fair, open and transparent procedure for the recruitment of staff
- Provide fair and accessible opportunities for training and promotion for staff
- Promote the use of inclusive language and avoid the use of words or phrases which are discriminatory or exclusive in all Armada company documentation and correspondence
This statement applies to all of Armada’s other policies and procedures.