Reading training centre
- 16 The Aquarium, King Street, Reading, RG1 2AN.
- In the town centre, between Starbucks and The Botanist pub.
- 5-minute walk from Reading main train station.
- M4 J11 is 3 miles away, and London Heathrow airport is 28 miles.
- Choice of car parks less than 5 minutes’ walk.
- Heathrow airport: 28 miles.
- Tel: 0118 3042798.
Upon arrival, press number 16 on the door entry system. Reading Course Co-ordinator Carmen Sarrion will answer and direct you to our training room.
We’re on the second floor. You can either use the lift or the stairs.
When you attend training at our centres, our top priority is your health and well-being. We’ve implemented comprehensive measures, so you can feel safe in the knowledge that all necessary precautions have been taken. For details, see Covid-19 measures.
Directions and further details
16 The Aquarium, King Street, Reading, RG1 2AN.
To walk from Reading train station (RDG) (¼ mile, 5 minutes):
- Leave Reading train station through the South Exit, and turn left onto Blagarve Street.
- Follow Blagarve Street round to the right. At this point, you can see the Town Hall clock tower at the bottom of the street, on your left-hand side.
- Continue down Blagarve Street; when you reach the Town Hall, branch left onto Market Place, passing in front of the church.
- At Market Place Square, branch right onto Butter Market, passing the memorial on your left.
- At Starbucks, turn left.
The Aquarium entrance is glass-fronted, on your left between Starbucks and The Botanist pub.
Bus stops ME and MF are on King Street, close to The Aquarium.
Bus stops MA, MC, MH, MQ, MP, MM and ML are all within a two-minute walk.
To drive from M4 J11 (4 miles away):
- At the motorway roundabout follow the signs to Reading A33.
- Follow the A33 dual carriageway for 3 miles, passing through several sets of traffic lights and roundabouts.
- Exit the dual carriageway at the A4 exit, sign-posted M4 West, Newbury, Oxford.
- At the roundabout, turn right onto Castle Street.
- Follow Castle Street into Reading town centre.
If you’re driving from the M4, be aware there are roadworks and temporary closures in place between junctions 3 to 12. For details, see www.highwaysengland.co.uk/m4j3to12.
There are three car parks less than 5 minutes from our centre:
The Riverside. RG1 2AG. £15 for up to 8 hours.
Holy Brook. RG1 2LR. £15 for up to 8 hours.
Reading Borough Council – Queens Road. RG1 4PX (sat nav RG1 4AR).
£16.50 per day; £8 per day ‘early bird’ price if you park before 8am.
For other car parks, see www.reading.gov.uk/carparks.
Latchmans – 0118 958 8888
Capital Cars – 0118 950 9509
Top Cars – 0118 944 2222
The closest airport is Heathrow, which is 28 miles away.