Reading training centre
- Dukesbridge House, 23 Duke Street, Reading RG1 4SA
- Town centre location.
- 4 miles from M4 J11.
- NCP car park 200 yards away.
- Short walk from Reading main train station. Train from London Paddington: 25 minutes.
- Bus stop outside venue served by several local buses.
- London Heathrow airport: 28 miles.
- Corporate rates for local accommodation.
- Tel: 0118 327 6467.
Dukesbridge House, 23 Duke Street, Reading, RG1 4SA.
Dukesbridge House is located on Duke Street, next to the bridge that crosses the River Kennett.
To walk from Reading train station (RDG) (½ mile, 10 minutes approx.):
- Leave Reading train station through the South Exit. As you come out of the station you pass The Three Guineas pub on your right, and should be able to see a mini-roundabout with a statue of Edward VII.
- Turn left, and start to walk along Blagarve Street.
- At the corner, follow Blagarve Street round to the right. At this point, you should be able to see a building with a clock and spire – the Town Hall – in front of you.
- When you reach the Town Hall, turn slight left and walk through the pedestrianised area.
- At the end of the pedestrianised area, you come on to Market Place. Continue to walk straight on, passing the NatWest and Lloyds banks on your left-hand side. You then reach a crossroads, with Jacksons Corner on your left.
- Continue straight on, on to Duke Street. Dukesbridge House is 100 yards along on the left-hand side, just after Subway and before the bridge over the River Kennet.
Bus stop ‘MH’ is outside Dukesbridge House.
Bus numbers 3, 9, 19a-19c, 21 and 21a stop here.
To drive from M4 J11 (4 miles away):
- At the motorway roundabout follow the signs to Reading A33.
- Follow the A33 for 3 miles, passing through several sets of traffic lights and three roundabouts.
- Turn right onto A329, signposted (M4 East) (A329 (M)), The Oracle, Maidenhead, A329.
- After ¾ mile, you will see Vue (large grey building) on your left.
- Continue along A329 for ¾ mile, passing vue on your left. At the end of the road you’re forced to turn left onto Watlington Street.
- As you drive along Watlington Street stay in the left-hand lane, following signs for Caversham, Henley, Forbury Retail Park, Station.
- When you reach a set of traffic lights, turn left onto Kings Road.
- Drive along Kings Road. After around ¼ mile you are forced to turn left onto Duke Street. Dukesbridge House is 100 yards along on the left-hand side, just after Subway and before the bridge over the River Kennet.
The nearest car park is NCP Queens Road. It is 200 yards/2 minutes walk from Dukesbridge House.
The car park postcode for your sat nav is RG1 4AR.
For prices and to pre-book, go to www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/reading-queens-road.
Latchmans – 0118 958 8888
Captital Cars – 0118 950 9509
Top Cars – 0118 944 2222
Full disabled access is available.
The closest airport is Heathrow, which is 28 miles away.
Great Expectations Hotel (RG1 4PS, 200 yards from our centre)
- Course delegates can book a room at our agreed corporate rates:
– Single room: £55 inc. VAT.
– Double or twin room, single occupancy: £65 inc. VAT.
– Double or twin room, double occupancy: £70 inc. VAT.
- Free Wi-Fi is available.
- Cancellation policy: 48 hours.
- Call the hotel’s booking line on 0118 950 3925, and mention you’re attending training at Armada.
For further details see greatexpectations.relaxinnz.co.uk.
Other local hotels
Quality Hotel (RG1 4SA, 50 yards).
Mercure George Hotel (RG1 2HE, 150 yards).
Hotel Ibis (RG1 1DP, ⅓ mile)
Premier Inn (RG1 2HN, ⅓ mile)
Novotel (RG1 1DP, ⅓ mile)
Travelodge (RG1 7LT, ½ mile)
Belle Vue House (RG1 7TN, ¾ mile)
Holiday Inn (RG2 0SL, 3 miles)