Microsoft Office training for beginners, teaching key techniques in the four primary Office applications.
You’ll learn about using:
- Word, to create consistent, formatted documents.
- Outlook, for sending and receiving emails, managing your contacts and organising your calendar.
- Excel, to create spreadsheets that make use of formulae and functions.
- PowerPoint, to create aesthetically-pleasing slideshows, with transition effects and animations.
This course is ideal for newcomers to Microsoft Office, and those with limited Office experience.
Microsoft Office training is provided by highly experienced instructors with 20+ years’ experience writing documents for business.
Office training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of Microsoft Office training. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Microsoft Office training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Training can be based on any recent version of Office (2007 and later).
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Microsoft Office training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Microsoft Office training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- Components of the Word ribbon
- Using the mini toolbar
- Customising Word’s Quick Access Toolbar
- Formatting with styles
- Using the navigation pane
- Inserting a Word table
- Components of the Outlook ribbon
- Layout of the Outlook home page
- Working with emails
- Creating Quick Step rules
- Adding contacts
- Creating calendar events and meetings
- Using the screenshot tool
- Using Outlook Web Access
- Components of the Excel ribbon
- Using the Quick Analysis tool
- Creating simple formulae
- Using simple functions
- Using AutoFill
- Creating simple charts
- Creating an Excel table
- Applying conditional formatting
- Components of the PowerPoint ribbon
- Adding new slides with different layouts
- Adding SmartArt graphics
- Changing the design
- Adding animation
- Adding transition effects
- Playing the slideshow