Autodesk certification exams
Autodesk user-level and professional-level exams in AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Fusion 360, Inventor and Maya.
The design and visualisation industries are competitive environments. Gaining ‘Autodesk-certified’ status in an Autodesk application provides you with an industry-recognised credential that provides enhanced credibility and accelerated professional development.
In a recent survey conducted by Autodesk, the vast majority of respondents (77%) believe that professional certification gives them an advantage in the job market. Some 67% had either been asked for certification when applying for a job or thought it likely in the future, and 35% said that their company had been asked for proof of individual skills or qualifications when it bid for work.
Autodesk certification exams are available at two levels:
- Autodesk Certified User (ACU): entry level exam covering the fundamental concepts and procedures.
- Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP): for those who possess more advanced skills and can solve complex workflow and design challenges.
Exams are available for the following applications:
- AutoCAD (ACU and ACP)
- 3ds Max (ACU and ACP)
- Civil 3D (ACP only)
- Fusion 360 (ACU only)
- Inventor (ACU and ACP)
- Maya (ACU and ACP)
- Revit Architecture (ACU and ACP)
- Revit Structure (ACP only)
- Revit MEP – Electrical (ACP only)
- Revit MEP – Mechanical (ACP only)
Exam Q and A
- Where are certification exams taken?
Exam sessions are hosted at our Saxon Business Park, Bromsgrove centre; from mid-2018, they’ll be available at our Milton Keynes centre.
- What is the pass mark for Autodesk certification exams?
The pass mark varies by exam. You will be notified of the pass mark prior to your exam starting.
- What happens if I do not pass?
If you do not pass, you will receive a diagnostic score report that indicates areas for improvement. You may then retake the examination as needed. Should you need to retake an exam, simply re-book. Autodesk allows candidates to retake an exam they have failed up to a total of three times in each 365 day period. All retakes are charged at the full exam fee.
- What benefits do I receive when I become certified?
- A personalised e-certificate (PDF) from Autodesk confirming your Autodesk-certified status.
- An official Autodesk-Certified badge that you can use to market your skills, e.g. on your business cards, in your email signature, on your website, etc.
- The option of appearing in Autodesk’s publicly-accessible database of certified users.
- Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Email any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.