Comprehensive Autodesk Fusion 360 training for newcomers, teaching how to create production-ready parts and assemblies.
Autodesk Fusion 360 provides a single cloud-based platform that you can use to carry out all aspects of product development, from design and testing, through to simulation and fabrication.
Fusion 360 Essentials training provides a thorough grounding, teaching key techniques including:
- 3D modelling
- Visualisations, rendered images and animations
- CAM and CNC
- Importing CAD data into Fusion 360.
Accredited Fusion 360 training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our Fusion 360 training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
Fusion 360 training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Fusion 360, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Fusion 360 training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Fusion 360 training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Fusion 360 trainer to help with any post-course issues.
No prior Fusion 360 or 3D modelling knowledge is required.
Experience using a CAD application, such as AutoCAD, is beneficial but not essential.
Fusion 360 Version
Training is based on the latest version of Fusion 360, running on Windows.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Fusion 360 training available
Fusion 360 Essentials training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our venues in Bromsgrove, Reading, Milton Keynes or Sheffield, or yours anywhere in the UK.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Fusion 360. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Fusion 360 training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Fusion 360 training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Introduction to Autodesk Fusion 360
- Autodesk Fusion 360 fundamentals
- Feature-based modelling
- Parametric features
- Managing assembled designs
- Design documentation
- Getting Started
- Understanding workspaces
- Understanding projects
- The Autodesk Fusion 360 interface
- Accessing commands
- Design navigation and display
- Design navigation
- Named views
- Design display
- Geometry selection
- Environment and effects
- Managing your designs and project data
- Importing and exporting data
- Using A360 and Fusion 360 to manage data
- Version management
Creating the first feature with quick shapes
- Design units and origin
- Quick shape creation
- Introduction to sketching
- Starting a new sketch
- Creating sketch objects
- Turning sketches into 3D objects
- Sketch Entities
- Line, spline, points
- Circle, arcs
- Dynamic input
- Sketch dimensions
- Sketch constraints
- Extruding and revolving a sketch
- Additional entity types
- Tangent arc using a line
- Tangent line between circles or arcs
- Construction entities
- Editing tools
- Additional dimension tools
- Center dimensions
- Radius or diameter dimensions
- Angular dimensions
- Over- constrained sketches
- Sketched secondary features
- Using existing geometry to project new geometry
- The different modelling options available
- Solid modelling
- Direct modelling
- History modelling
- Parametric modelling
- Changing aspects of your model that automatically update
- Part libraries and content
- Accessing standard parts
- Importing parts data into a design
- Feature duplication tools
- Mirroring geometry
- Patterning features
- Rectangular and circular patterns
- Pattern on path
- Pick and place features
- Fillets, chamfers, holes
- Editing pick and place features
- Construction features
- Construction planes, axes and points
- Equations and parameters
- Additional features
- Press pull
- Approach 1: Traditional distributed design
- Approach 2: Top-down (multi-body)
- Creating 2D drawings from a model or animation
- Add dimensions, balloons and annotations
- Creating a Bill of Materials (BOM)
Visualisations, rendered images and animations
- Materials and appearances
- Rendering tips and tricks
- Exploding assemblies
- Introduction to simulation
- Simulation principles
- The different analyses options available
CAM and CNC
- Principles and the basic steps
Importing CAD data
- Importing other file types – documents, images, specifications
To make your Fusion 360 training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Fusion 360 training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Fusion 360 training for less.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Fusion 360 course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
When you attend Fusion 360 training at Armada, you’re not assessed. Our courses have been developed to teach you skills you can use in the real world, not pass an exam. Separately, and in addition to our training, you have the option of taking a certification exam that leads to an industry-recognised credential in Fusion 360.
For Fusion 360, there is just one level of exam available: Autodesk Certified User.
Successful candidates receive:
- A personalised e-certificate (PDF) from Autodesk confirming their Fusion 360-certified status.
- An official Autodesk-Certified badge that you can use to market your skills, e.g. on your business cards, in your email signature, on your website, etc.
- The option of appearing in Autodesk’s publicly-accessible database of certified Fusion 360 users.
Autodesk Certified User (ACU) exam in Fusion 360
Entry level exam covering the fundamental concepts and procedures in Fusion 360, as well as specific skills that are appropriate for ensuring a base level of proficiency in Fusion 360.
- Qualification: Autodesk Certified User in Fusion 360.
- Cost of exam: £100 + VAT per candidate.
- Length of exam: 75 minutes.
- Recommended preparation: Attend Fusion 360 Essentials or Fusion 360 – transitioning from SolidWorks or Inventor training, and have approximately 50 hours’ experience using the application.
- Further details: download exam guide.
If you book an exam with us, a practice test is available. The test reflects the questions you’re likely to be asked in your exam; you can take this test online from home.
The test has two modes:
- Testing mode, which replicates your exam.
- Training mode, which provides step-by-step help on questions.
The practice test fee is £45 + VAT.
The practice test can be retaken up to 100 times in a one-year period.
When can I take my exam?
You can take your exam in one of our monthly exam days.
2018 exam dates: 29 Jun, 17 Aug, 14 Sep, 18 Oct, 16 Nov, 14 Dec.
Start time: 10am.
Exam sessions are hosted at our Saxon Business Park, Bromsgrove centre; from mid-2018, they’ll be available at our Milton Keynes centre.
Further details about Autodesk certification can be found at: