Comprehensive Autodesk Fusion 360 training for newcomers, teaching everything you need to create high-performing product designs.
Autodesk Fusion 360 provides a single cloud-based platform that you can use to carry out all aspects of product development, from design and testing, through to simulation and fabrication.
Fusion 360 Essentials training provides a thorough grounding, teaching key techniques including:
- 3D modelling
- Visualisations, rendered images and animations
- Importing CAD data into Fusion 360.
- CAM and CNC – a discussion of the possibilities.
The course is highly practical. We have a CNC machine in the classroom that our trainer uses to demonstrate how you can make physical parts from your Fusion 360 designs. Click here to see our CNC machine in use. Our CNC machine is portable, so can be brought to your venue for on-site courses.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Upcoming course dates
Accredited Fusion 360 training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our Fusion 360 training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
Fusion 360 courses are hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally. For further details, see Expert trainers.
Fusion 360 training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Fusion 360, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Fusion 360 training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
Fusion 360 certification exams
When you attend Fusion 360 training, you’re not assessed and there is no exam to sit. We teach you practical skills you can use in the real world, not prepare you to sit a test.
If you want to gain an industry-recognised credential in Fusion 360, we offer Autodesk certification exams that you can sit on a future date.
Exams can be sat at our Bromsgrove centre, on online. For further details, see Certification exams.
Fusion 360 running on Windows or Mac
Fusion 360 works almost identically running on a Windows computer or Mac, and our course is suitable for users of both platforms. (There are some minor differences, but nothing of significance.)
When you attend training in-class, you’ll practice on a Windows computer. If you participate live online, you can run Fusion 360 on either a Windows computer or Mac.
Training is based on the current version of Fusion 360.
After course support
Following Fusion 360 training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Fusion 360 trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Fusion 360 or 3D modelling knowledge is required.
Experience using a CAD application, such as AutoCAD, is beneficial but not essential.
Fusion 360 version
Training is based on the latest version of Fusion 360, running on Windows or Mac.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Fusion 360 training available
Fusion 360 Essentials training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request Fusion 360 training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Fusion 360 training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled Fusion 360 Essentials course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Fusion 360 Essentials training courses are hosted by:
Carl Portman has been an Autodesk-accredited instructor for 25 years, a College Lecturer (City and Guilds 3D modelling) for 15 years and a CAD consultant for 35 years.
Carl’s background is in engineering. He has vast design experience in a wide range of industries, including automotive, aerospace and medical, and he continues to carry out project work for a range of clients. Projects that Carl has completed include designing complete car plants for Jaguar Land Rover.
Carl has expert knowledge of:
- A wide range of 3D design applications used in engineering, including AutoCAD, Alias, Fusion 360, Inventor and SolidWorks.
- Machining, CAM and CNC.
Away from work, Carl’s passion is motorsport, and until recently he raced motorbikes. He knows Silverstone and Brands Hatch like the back of his hand, and he has the scars to prove it.
Andy has worked in CAD for over 30 years in roles including Draughtsman, CAD System Manager, Project Manager and Design Engineer.
In recent years, Andy has focused on developing and delivering training courses. He is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), and he focuses primarily on Autodesk applications including AutoCAD, Inventor, Fusion 360, 3ds Max and Sketchbook, as well as Dassault Systemes SolidWorks.
Andy continues to undertake project work to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and practices. He specialises in modelling complex 3D designs from prototype to production, including the development of visuals and animations for a range of engineering projects.
Industries in which Andy has significant experience include aerospace, defence and automotive.
Introduction to Autodesk Fusion 360
- Autodesk Fusion 360 fundamentals
- Feature-based modelling
- Parametric features
- Managing assembled designs
- Design documentation
- Getting Started
- Understanding workspaces
- Understanding projects
- The Autodesk Fusion 360 interface
- Accessing commands
- Design navigation and display
- Design navigation
- Named views
- Design display
- Geometry selection
- Environment and effects
- Managing your designs and project data
- Importing and exporting data
- Using A360 and Fusion 360 to manage data
- Version management
Creating the first feature with quick shapes
- Design units and origin
- Quick shape creation
- Introduction to sketching
- Starting a new sketch
- Creating sketch objects
- Turning sketches into 3D objects
- Sketch Entities
- Line, spline, points
- Circle, arcs
- Dynamic input
- Sketch dimensions
- Sketch constraints
- Extruding and revolving a sketch
- Additional entity types
- Tangent arc using a line
- Tangent line between circles or arcs
- Construction entities
- Editing tools
- Additional dimension tools
- Center dimensions
- Radius or diameter dimensions
- Angular dimensions
- Over- constrained sketches
- Sketched secondary features
- Using existing geometry to project new geometry
- The different modelling options available
- Solid modelling
- Direct modelling
- History modelling
- Parametric modelling
- Changing aspects of your model that automatically update
- Part libraries and content
- Accessing standard parts
- Importing parts data into a design
- Feature duplication tools
- Mirroring geometry
- Patterning features
- Rectangular and circular patterns
- Pattern on path
- Pick and place features
- Fillets, chamfers, holes
- Editing pick and place features
- Construction features
- Construction planes, axes and points
- Equations and parameters
- Additional features
- Press pull
- Approach 1: Traditional distributed design
- Approach 2: Top-down (multi-body)
- Creating 2D drawings from a model or animation
- Add dimensions, balloons and annotations
- Creating a Bill of Materials (BOM)
Visualisations, rendered images and animations
- Materials and appearances
- Rendering tips and tricks
- Exploding assemblies
- Example of real-world simulation
CAM and CNC
- High-level discussion of possibilities
Importing CAD data
- Importing other file types – documents, images, specifications
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Fusion 360 course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Fusion 360 training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Fusion 360 Essentials courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Fusion 360.
- If you don’t have access to Fusion 360 software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.
Discounts and bundles
To make your Fusion 360 training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Fusion 360 CAM training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Fusion 360 training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Fusion 360 training for less.
Fusion 360 CAM training bundle
- Fusion 360 Essentials training (3 days), and
- Fusion 360 CAM and CNC (2 days)
for £895 + VAT (classroom-based) or £645 + VAT (live online training), saving £95 + VAT in both cases.
The bundle price will be applied automatically when you add these two courses to your basket.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Fusion 360 course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
Fusion 360 certification exams, leading to industry-recognised credentials, available to sit in-centre or online
Whether you’re a student or a professional, Fusion 360 professional certification validates your skillset, accelerating career advancement and helping you stand out in a competitive job market.
For Fusion 360, there is one exam available: Autodesk Certified User (ACU).
Successful candidates receive:
- An e-certificate (PDF) from Autodesk confirming your Fusion 360-certified status. Your certificate is available anytime through your Certiport exam account.
- An official Autodesk-Certified badge that you can use to market your skills, e.g. on your business cards, in your email signature, on your website, etc.
You also have the option of appearing in Autodesk’s publicly-accessible database of certified Fusion 360 users. This facility lets you:
- Prove your certified status to prospective clients and employers.
- Make yourself available to companies looking to appoint or commission a Certified User or Professional in Fusion 360.
To read more about the benefits of achieving Autodesk-certified status in Fusion 360, read Lyndsay Mann’s blog What benefits does Autodesk certification bring?
Fusion 360 exams in-centre or online
Fusion 360 exams can be sat at our Bromsgrove (Saxon Business Park) centre, or online from your place of work or home.
To protect exam integrity, both in-centre and online exams sittings are monitored by proctors. ID verification is required.
To sit an online exam, all you need is a computer (Windows or Mac) with:
- A strong Internet connection (min. 5Mbps).
- Screen resolution at least 1200 x 800.
- Chrome browser.
You don’t need to have Fusion 360 installed – you’ll access Fusion 360 on a virtual computer during your test. No webcam is required.
Autodesk Certified User (ACU) exam in Fusion 360
Entry-level exam to validate your knowledge of fundamental concepts and procedures in Fusion 360.
- Qualification: Autodesk Certified User in Fusion 360.
- Length of exam: 75 minutes.
- Recommended preparation: Attend Fusion 360 Essentials training, and have approximately 50 hours’ experience using the application.
- Further details: download exam guide.
A practice test is available that reflects the questions you’re likely to be asked in your Fusion 360 ACU exam. The practice test is taken online, from your place of work or home.
The test has two modes:
- Testing mode, which replicates your exam.
- Training mode, which provides step-by-step help on questions.
The practice test can be retaken up to 30 times in a one-year period.
Fusion 360 ACU exam: £100 + VAT. Discounted price if you’ve attended training: £85 + VAT.
Fusion 360 ACU practice test: £50 + VAT. Discounted price if booked at the same time as ACU exam: £30 + VAT.
Fusion 360 ACU exam retake: £50 + VAT.
When can I take my Fusion 360 exam?
You can take your exam in one of our regular exam sessions.
In-class exam dates: TBC.
Online exam dates: 14 Oct, 18 Nov, 2 Dec, 16 Dec.
ACU exams usually take place in the morning. We confirm your exam time one week before your sitting.
Booking an exam and payment options
To book an exam, please email email@example.com providing details of the exam you’d like to sit, or call 01527 834783.
Payment for AutoCAD exams can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
Q and A
- What is the pass mark for Fusion 360 ACU certification exams?
You will be notified of the pass mark prior to your exam starting.
- When do I find out if I’ve passed?
Immediately, when you complete your exam. You result is displayed on-screen.
- What happens if I do not pass?
You will receive a diagnostic score report that indicates areas for improvement. You may then retake the examination as needed. Should you need to retake an exam, simply re-book. Discounted prices are available for retakes.
- Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Email any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Top 10 reasons to get Autodesk certified
- Autodesk professional certification – the power to be remarkable.
- Autodesk professional certification – give you organisation the power to excel.
- Parsons Brinckerhoff case study.
Exam Ts & Cs