Dates and booking
Birmingham / Bromsgrove training centres
Bristol training centre
Milton Keynes training centre
Reading training centre
Photoshop training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for creating, editing and manipulating sophisticated images.
Adobe Photoshop is the de facto standard for high-end image creation and manipulation.
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop training covers key tools and features, including colour correction, working with layers, compositing images and preparing images for use on the Web.
This course is ideal for newcomers to Photoshop, and those with limited Photoshop experience.
Accredited Photoshop training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Photoshop training.
Photoshop training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in the application, with vast experience of using it professionally.
How will I learn?
Photoshop training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Photoshop.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Photoshop, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Photoshop training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Photoshop training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Photoshop trainer to help with any post-course issues.
No prior Photoshop knowledge is necessary.
Training is based primarily on Photoshop CC 2019. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Photoshop.
All Photoshop training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Photoshop training available
As well as our scheduled courses, Introduction to Photoshop training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Photoshop. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Photoshop training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Photoshop training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- Vector vs. bitmap graphics
- Image resolution
- Interface – tools/control panel/panels)
- Preferences – units/increments/guides/ Undos
- Paint tools – Paintbrush/Pencil/Eraser…
- Tool presets – saving tool settings
- Working with pen and tablets
- Gradients – linear/radial/angled
Basic Selection techniques
- Selection tools – Marquee/Lasso/Magic wand/Quick Selection
- Modifying selections
- Colour range – making selections based on colour
Working with layers
- Introduction – layer concepts
- Creating, modifying and controlling
- Transparency – opacity and blend modes
- Layer styles – layer specific styles such as patterns/gradients/fills…
- Layer groups – organising layers
- Aligning/distributing layers
- Positioning/smart guides
- Clipping masks – masking using layers
Working with colours
- Colour theory – RGB/CMYK
- Gamut – identify non-printing colours
- Saving colours – swatches
- Eyedropper tool
Saving your work
- File formats – benefits and uses of formats: psd/tif/jpg/png…
- Transforming – scale/rotate/skew/distort/ perspective/ warping
- Image and canvas size
- Crop tools
- Content Aware scaling
- Alpha Channels – saving selections/areas of colour
- Refine edge – cutting out hair/fur/foliage
Working with External files
- Place linked
- Place embedded
Correcting and enhancing images
- Auto adjustments – tone/colour/contrast
- Histograms – understanding information
- Colour balance
- Replace colour
- Levels – adjusting tonal balance
- Black and white
- Layers – transparency/blend modes
- Layer Masks – non-destructive/paintable masks
- Smart Objects – combine layers to create non-destructive
- Layer Adjustments – apply non-destructive edits such as levels, Hue/Saturation…
- Layer control – merge, flatten
- Type formatting – Character and Paragraph
- Applying filters – watercolour/ solarisation, etc.
- Filter gallery – combining filters
- Blur filters – for effect
- Puppet warp
- Liquify filters – distorting images
- Content aware – move/fill/scale
- Retouching tools – clone stamp/spot/healing brush/patch tool
- Retouching techniques
- Previewing files – and contents
- Reviewing and rating files
- Loading images as layers
Integration with other Adobe apps
- Adobe Stock
- Adobe Fuse
Discounts and bundles
To make your Photoshop training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Photoshop training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Photoshop training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Photoshop training for less.
Photoshop training bundle
Photoshop training bundle. Attend:
- Introduction to Photoshop (2 days), and
- Advanced Photoshop (1 day)
for £475 + VAT, saving £15+ VAT.
The bundle price is applied automatically when you book these two courses.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Photoshop course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
recommend for any beginner, many thanks to Philip."
to learning from the ground up and really understanding how much the software can do. This course provided valuable
knowledge to fill in the gaps that I had and provided new and quicker ways to work. The instructor, worked through everything
at a steady pace and explained everything clearly. With a lunch and snacks thrown in, I thoroughly enjoyed it!