Dates and booking
Live online training
Photoshop training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for creating, editing and manipulating sophisticated images.
Adobe Photoshop is the de facto standard for high-end image creation and manipulation.
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop training covers key tools and features, including colour correction, working with layers, compositing images and preparing images for use on the Web.
This course is ideal for newcomers to Photoshop, and those with limited Photoshop experience.
In-class or online
Following the announcement on 4th January that England must enter a new national lockdown, Armada cancelled all in-class courses in January, February and March. We anticipate being able to offer in-class training again from April onwards, subject to Government guidance.
We continue to offer all courses in our live online format.
Upcoming course dates
Accredited Photoshop training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Photoshop training.
Photoshop courses are hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors with vast experience of using the application professionally. For further details, see Expert trainers.
How will I learn?
Photoshop training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Photoshop.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Photoshop training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Photoshop, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Photoshop training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Photoshop training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Photoshop trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Photoshop knowledge is necessary.
Training is based primarily on Photoshop 2021. The techniques taught are relevant to all recent releases of Photoshop.
All Photoshop training is suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Photoshop training available
Introduction to Photoshop training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request Photoshop training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Photoshop training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled Introduction to Photoshop training course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Introduction to Photoshop training courses are hosted by:
- Phil Talbot
- Lynne Telfer
- Philip Odell
- Greta Powell
- Mark Gatter
- Ken Fisher
- Pete Owen
- Marek Mularczyk
- Andrew Moreton
Phil works as an Adobe Design Specialist and Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI).
He has expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat, and uses all four applications extensively in his professional work.
Phil’s professional qualifications and extensive experience provide an ideal base to train delegates using blended learning techniques to improve the individuals’ and organisations’ capabilities.
He has worked with and trained many blue-chip organisations, including FTSE 100 companies, in a career spanning 25 years.
Lynne Telfer is long-standing Adobe Certified Instructor with over 25 years’ experience working as a professional trainer.
In the late nineties, Lynne worked for Adobe as a trainer and consultant, hosting courses in FrameMaker and other applications at all levels for Adobe’s clients.
She’s provided training in Adobe’s Technical Communication and Creative applications ever since. She has expert knowledge of:
- Adobe FrameMaker – both Unstructured and Structured use.
- Adobe RoboHelp.
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Lynne has expert knowledge of the key applications used for creative design: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Microsoft Office suite of applications, covering the mainstream applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint to advanced level.
Lynne has a BA Hons in Educational Practice from Oxford Brookes University.
Philip is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI), specialising in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and FrameMaker.
Philip began his working life with Texas Instruments, before joining Adobe in 1995, where he worked for five years. Philip still has links with Adobe, manning their stands and carrying out presentations when they’re exhibiting in the UK.
For the last eighteen years, Philip has worked as a graphic design specialist, consultant and trainer. He continues to use Adobe applications extensively in his day-to-day professional work.
Greta is long-established consultant and trainer in graphic design, print and digital publishing, specialising in Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator – and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
She also specialises in e-learning development using an array of tools including Adobe’s Captivate and Presenter applications, and Articulate Storyline.
Greta has worked as a consultant to some of the biggest publishing companies in Europe.
Away from her training and consultancy work, Greta has a passion for photography.
Mark is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) with expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Acrobat.
Mark has specialised in all aspects of the digital pre-press process for over three decades, including 18 years in California, where he worked as the production manager for the biggest print shop in the north part of the state.
He began training in 1998, and he holds a teaching qualification.
He has published five books, which you’ll find on Amazon, covering topics relating to graphic design and polytunnel gardening, one of Mark’s interests when not delivering training.
Ken is a Professional Photographer and Digital Trainer. He is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and a qualified teacher.
Ken specialises in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. He is an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in both applications, which he has used extensively in his work for over 20 years.
Ken’s mix of a practical Photographic background and extensive teaching experience in colleges, universities and the adult lifelong learning sector gives him a unique perspective on creating a learning environment which enables learners to achieve and excel.
As a long-standing Adobe Certified Instructor, Pete has trained and facilitated individuals and teams from a wide range of industries from organisations including Coca Cola, Disney, Nestlé, Guinness and McDonald’s. expertise
Adobe applications in which Pete runs regular training courses include InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
In his professional work, Pete has worked in the field of design across a broad range of media for many years. He has specialist knowledge in a wide range of topics including:
- Illustration: Pete is an award-wining illustrator.
- Author: Pete has designed, written and illustrated over twenty published traditional print books on a variety of subjects including graphic arts.
- Interactive media, mobile publishing and app development for tablets and smartphones.
- Website development.
Away from training, Pete spends as much time as possible indulging his passion for outdoor pursuits.
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
Andrew has been working in all areas of digital publishing for most of his life.
He’s an Adobe Certified Instructor in Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver and has worked as a Designer, Art-worker, Production and repro person, trainer and mentor.
When he’s not doing digital things, he cooks, listens to loud music, reads and runs a kids comics club at his local library.
- Vector vs. bitmap graphics
- Image resolution
- Interface – tools/control panel/panels)
- Preferences – units/increments/guides/ Undos
- Paint tools – Paintbrush/Pencil/Eraser…
- Tool presets – saving tool settings
- Working with pen and tablets
- Gradients – linear/radial/angled
Basic Selection techniques
- Selection tools – Marquee/Lasso/Magic wand/Quick Selection
- Modifying selections
- Colour range – making selections based on colour
Working with layers
- Introduction – layer concepts
- Creating, modifying and controlling
- Transparency – opacity and blend modes
- Layer styles – layer specific styles such as patterns/gradients/fills…
- Layer groups – organising layers
- Aligning/distributing layers
- Positioning/smart guides
- Clipping masks – masking using layers
Working with colours
- Colour theory – RGB/CMYK
- Gamut – identify non-printing colours
- Saving colours – swatches
- Eyedropper tool
Saving your work
- File formats – benefits and uses of formats: psd/tif/jpg/png…
- Transforming – scale/rotate/skew/distort/ perspective/ warping
- Image and canvas size
- Crop tools
- Content Aware scaling
- Alpha Channels – saving selections/areas of colour
- Refine edge – cutting out hair/fur/foliage
Working with External files
- Place linked
- Place embedded
Correcting and enhancing images
- Auto adjustments – tone/colour/contrast
- Histograms – understanding information
- Colour balance
- Replace colour
- Levels – adjusting tonal balance
- Black and white
- Layers – transparency/blend modes
- Layer Masks – non-destructive/paintable masks
- Smart Objects – combine layers to create non-destructive
- Layer Adjustments – apply non-destructive edits such as levels, Hue/Saturation…
- Layer control – merge, flatten
- Type formatting – Character and Paragraph
- Applying filters – watercolour/ solarisation, etc.
- Filter gallery – combining filters
- Blur filters – for effect
- Puppet warp
- Liquify filters – distorting images
- Content aware – move/fill/scale
- Retouching tools – clone stamp/spot/healing brush/patch tool
- Retouching techniques
- Previewing files – and contents
- Reviewing and rating files
- Loading images as layers
Integration with other Adobe apps
- Adobe Stock
- Adobe Fuse
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Photoshop course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Photoshop training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Introduction to Photoshop courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Photoshop.
- If you don’t have access to Photoshop software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.
Discounts and bundles
To make your Photoshop training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Photoshop training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Photoshop training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Photoshop training for less.
Photoshop training bundle
Book classroom-based courses in:
- Introduction to Photoshop (2 days), and
- Advanced Photoshop (1 day)
for £495 + VAT (classroom-based) or £375 + VAT (live online training), saving £45 + VAT in both cases.
The bundle price will be applied automatically when you add these two courses to your basket.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Photoshop course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.