Adobe Acrobat training
1 day In centre:
Adobe Acrobat training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for creating, converting, sharing, signing and managing PDFs.
PDF is the de-facto standard for distributing documents via the Web to view or print.
Adobe Acrobat training teaches how to create PDF documents from a variety of sources, and goes on to cover:
- Sharing PDFs with virtually anyone, anywhere.
- Unifying content into a single compressed PDF portfolio.
- Collaborating through shared document reviews.
- Creating interactive forms and collecting data easily.
- Protecting and controlling sensitive information.
- Extending Acrobat functionality to users of Adobe Reader software.
Adobe Acrobat training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Accredited Acrobat training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Acrobat training.
Acrobat courses are hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors with vast experience of using the application professionally. For further details, see Expert trainers.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Acrobat, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Acrobat training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Acrobat training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Acrobat trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Acrobat knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any recent version of Acrobat to suit you, including the current version Acrobat DC, as contained in Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2020 and Adobe Creative Cloud version 2022.
All Acrobat training is suitable for Windows and Mac users alike.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Adobe Acrobat training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Adobe Acrobat course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Adobe Acrobat course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Adobe Acrobat training courses are hosted by:
Phil works as an Adobe Design Specialist and Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI).
He has expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Creative Cloud Express and Acrobat, and he has used all of these applications extensively for over 25 years in his professional work.
Phil’s professional qualifications and extensive experience provide an ideal base to train delegates using blended learning techniques to improve the individuals’ and organisations’ capabilities. He has worked with and trained many blue-chip organisations, including FTSE 100 companies.
Philip is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI), specialising in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and FrameMaker.
Philip began his working life with Texas Instruments, before joining Adobe in 1995, where he worked for five years. Philip still has links with Adobe, manning their stands and carrying out presentations when they’re exhibiting in the UK.
For the last eighteen years, Philip has worked as a graphic design specialist, consultant and trainer. He continues to use Adobe applications extensively in his day-to-day professional work.
Mark is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) with expert knowledge of Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Acrobat. He also has expert knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D.
Mark has specialised in all aspects of the digital pre-press process for over three decades, including 18 years in California, where he worked as the production manager for the biggest print shop in the north part of the state.
He began training in 1998, and he holds a teaching qualification.
He has published five books, which you’ll find on Amazon, covering topics relating to graphic design and polytunnel gardening, one of Mark’s interests when not delivering training.
Lynne Telfer is long-standing Adobe Certified Instructor with over 25 years’ experience working as a professional trainer.
In the late nineties, Lynne worked for Adobe as a trainer and consultant, hosting courses in FrameMaker and other applications at all levels for Adobe’s clients. She’s provided training in Adobe’s Technical Communication and Creative applications ever since.
Lynne has expert knowledge of:
- Adobe FrameMaker – both Unstructured and Structured use.
- Adobe RoboHelp.
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Adobe’s e-Learning tools – Captivate and PResenter.
- Microsoft Office suite of applications, covering the mainstream applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint to advanced level.
Lynne has a BA Hons in Educational Practice from Oxford Brookes University.
- A discussion of Acrobat, Portable Document Format (PDF), PostScript and Distiller
- Creating, using and distributing PDF files
Working with Acrobat
- Opening PDF files in Acrobat
- Getting to know the work area
- Using and customising the toolbars
- Browsing documents using a variety of methods
- Using the zoom functions
- Saving and closing files
PDF file creation
- Using Acrobat’s open file command and the PDF printer
- Creating PDFs from other file types and the web
- Converting paper documents to PDF
- Creating PDFs from Microsoft applications
Working with PDF files
- Editing files
- Rotating, cropping and inserting
- Extracting and re-numbering pages
- Selecting and editing text and images
- Creating headers and footers
- Adding watermarks and backgrounds
- Creating new links and bookmarks
- Combining a wide range of file types into a polished, organised portfolio
Bookmarking and linking
- Creating and editing bookmarks
- Working with the link tool
- Creating links
- Changing link appearance
- Action properties
Using Acrobat in a review Cycle
- Working with the commenting tools
- Setting preferences and comment appearance
- Marking up a document
- Using a variety of tools, e.g. notes, stamps, highlighter, pencil and other drawing tools
- Attaching files as notes
- Exporting and importing comments
- Summarising and reviewing comments
- Securing PDF documents against editing and extracting data
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Adobe Acrobat course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Adobe Acrobat training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Adobe Acrobat courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Adobe Acrobat.
- If you don’t have access to Adobe Acrobat software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.