Adobe Acrobat training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for creating, converting, sharing, signing and managing PDFs.
PDF is the de-facto standard for distributing documents via the Web to view or print.
Our Introduction to Adobe Acrobat course teaches how to create PDF documents from a variety of sources, and goes on to cover:
- Sharing PDFs with virtually anyone, anywhere.
- Unifying content into a single compressed PDF portfolio.
- Collaborating through shared document reviews.
- Creating interactive forms and collecting data easily.
- Protecting and controlling sensitive information.
- Extending Acrobat functionality to users of Adobe Reader software.
Introduction to Adobe Acrobat training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) Acrobat courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Acrobat.
Accredited Acrobat training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Acrobat training.
Acrobat training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are Adobe Certified Experts in the application, with vast experience of using it professionally.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Acrobat, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Acrobat training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Acrobat training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Acrobat trainer to help with any post-course issues.
No prior Acrobat knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any recent version of Acrobat to suit you, including the current version Acrobat DC, as contained in Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2019 and Adobe Creative Cloud version CC 2019.
All Acrobat training is suitable for Windows and Mac users alike.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Acrobat training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Acrobat training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- A discussion of Acrobat, Portable Document Format (PDF), PostScript and Distiller
- Creating, using and distributing PDF files
Working with Acrobat
- Opening PDF files in Acrobat
- Getting to know the work area
- Using and customising the toolbars
- Browsing documents using a variety of methods
- Using the zoom functions
- Saving and closing files
PDF file creation
- Using Acrobat’s open file command and the PDF printer
- Creating PDFs from other file types and the web
- Converting paper documents to PDF
- Creating PDFs from Microsoft applications
Working with PDF files
- Editing files
- Rotating, cropping and inserting
- Extracting and re-numbering pages
- Selecting and editing text and images
- Creating headers and footers
- Adding watermarks and backgrounds
- Creating new links and bookmarks
- Combining a wide range of file types into a polished, organised portfolio
Bookmarking and linking
- Creating and editing bookmarks
- Working with the link tool
- Creating links
- Changing link appearance
- Action properties
Using Acrobat in a review Cycle
- Working with the commenting tools
- Setting preferences and comment appearance
- Marking up a document
- Using a variety of tools, e.g. notes, stamps, highlighter, pencil and other drawing tools
- Attaching files as notes
- Exporting and importing comments
- Summarising and reviewing comments
- Securing PDF documents against editing and extracting data