No scheduled dates
We don't have any dates scheduled for this course right now. Please check back soon.
Maxon Cinema 4D is the application of choice for many motion graphics artists. It provides a comprehensive range of tools for creating high-end models, photorealistic rendered images and eye-catching animations.
Our Introduction to Cinema 4D course provides a thorough grounding in the application. You’ll learn to achieve stunning results, fast and hassle-free. The topics taught include:
- Modelling techniques, covering parametric shapes, deformers, splines, polygons, materials and textures and text.
- Setting up scenes, covering the creation of floors and sky, and the addition of lights and shadows, reflection and transparency.
- Animation, covering the timeline, keyframes, cameras, lights and animating along paths.
- Rendering of still images and video.
- Integration with other applications, including Adobe Illustrator and After Effects.
This course is ideal for:
- Newcomers to Cinema 4D and motion graphics.
- Those with limited Cinema 4D experience.
Upcoming course dates
Training online or on-site
Cinema 4D courses are available in our popular live online format, or in-person at client’s sites. We’re not currently able to offer Cinema 4D training at our centres.
Cinema 4D courses are hosted by Mark Gatter, a long-established consultant and trainer with expert knowledge of Cinema 4D.
Cinema 4D training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- Comprehensive training materials for Cinema 4D, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of a Cinema 4D training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Cinema 4D training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Cinema 4D trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Cinema 4D knowledge is necessary.
Cinema 4D version
Training is based primarily on Cinema 4D S24, running on Windows or Mac. It is relevant to all recent versions.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Cinema 4D training available
Introduction to Cinema 4D training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request Cinema 4D training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Cinema 4D training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled Introduction to Cinema 4D course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Mark is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) with expert knowledge of Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Acrobat. He also has expert knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D.
Mark has specialised in all aspects of the digital pre-press process for over three decades, including 18 years in California, where he worked as the production manager for the biggest print shop in the north part of the state.
He began training in 1998, and he holds a teaching qualification.
He has published five books, which you’ll find on Amazon, covering topics relating to graphic design and polytunnel gardening, one of Mark’s interests when not delivering training.
- Getting around the interface – what does what?
- The tools, panels and views
- Parametric (or ‘primitive’) shapes
- Making objects ‘editable’
- Polygons, lines and points
- The Material Manager
- Adding materials and textures
- Creating text
Setting up the scene
- Creating a floor and sky
- Adding lights
- Adding shadows
- Colour, reflection and transparency
- Mapping on to objects
- Using the timeline
- Understanding keyframes
- Animating objects
- Animating cameras
- Animating lights
- Animating along paths
- Render settings
- Rendering a view
- Rendering for print
- Rendering for video
- Rendering alpha channels
- The Render Queue
- Different file formats
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a Cinema 4D course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Cinema 4D training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Introduction to Cinema 4D courses are presented by expert instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Cinema 4D.
- If you don’t have access to Cinema 4D software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.