Dates and booking
Reading training centre
Comprehensive Autodesk Inventor training for newcomers, teaching how to create production-ready parts and assemblies.
Autodesk Inventor provides a comprehensive set of 3D mechanical CAD tools for creating production-ready parts and assemblies, and then visualising, simulating and analysing how a design will work under real-world conditions.
Inventor Essentials provides a comprehensive introduction to the application, teaching you:
- The fundamental principles behind 3D parametric part and assembly design.
- The use of the tools and features available in Inventor to create production-ready part and assembly drawings.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at designers and engineers who want to start using Inventor.
Accredited Inventor training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our Inventor training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
Inventor training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
Inventor training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Inventor.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for Inventor, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Inventor training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Inventor training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Inventor trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should have a good working knowledge of Windows. Experience using an Autodesk application, such as AutoCAD or Revit, is beneficial but not essential. No prior 3D modelling experience is necessary.
Training is based primarily on Inventor 2018, running on Windows. It is relevant to all recent versions of Inventor.
Our guarantees to you
We want our delegates to go away satisfied.
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Inventor training also available
As well as our scheduled courses, Inventor Essentials training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Inventor. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Inventor training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Inventor training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
- Autodesk Inventor user interface
- View manipulation
- Designing parametric parts
Basic sketching techniques
- Creating 2D sketches
- Geometric constraints
- Dimensioning sketches
Basic shape design
- Creating basic sketched features
- Intermediate sketching
- Editing parametric parts
- 3D grip editing
- Creating work features
- Creating basic swept shapes
Detailed shape design
- Creating chamfers and fillets
- Creating holes and threads
- Patterning and mirroring features
- Creating thin-walled parts
Assembly design overview
- Designing assemblies
- Using project files in assembly designs
Placing, creating and constraining components
- Placing components in an assembly
- Constraining components
- Placing standard components using the content center
- Basic part design in an assembly
Interacting with an assembly
- Identifying parts in an assembly
- Analysis and motion tools
- Presenting your assembly
Basic view creation
- Drawing creation environment
- Base and projected views
- Section views
- Detail views
- Crop views
- Managing views
Dimensions, annotations and tables
- Automated dimensioning techniques
- Manual dimensioning techniques
- Annotating holes and threads
- Creating centerlines, symbols and leaders
- Revision tables and tags
Annotating assembly drawings
- Assembly-centric bill of materials
- Creating and customising parts Lists
- Creating balloons
Drawing standards and resources
- Setting drawing standards
- Drawing resources
To make your Inventor training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Inventor training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Inventor training for less.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Inventor course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
When you attend Inventor training at Armada, you’re not assessed. Our courses have been developed to teach you skills you can use in the real world, not pass an exam. Separately, and in addition to our training, you have the option of taking a certification exam that leads to an industry-recognised credential in Inventor.
There are two levels of Inventor certification which are suitable for users at different stages in their careers: Autodesk Certified User and Autodesk Certified Professional.
Successful candidates receive:
- A personalised e-certificate (PDF) from Autodesk confirming their Inventor-certified status.
- An official Autodesk-Certified badge that you can use to market your skills, e.g. on your business cards, in your email signature, on your website, etc.
- The option of appearing in Autodesk’s publicly-accessible database of certified Inventor users.
Autodesk Certified User (ACU) exam in Inventor
Entry level exam covering the fundamental concepts and procedures in Inventor, as well as specific skills that are appropriate for ensuring a base level of proficiency in Inventor.
- Qualification: Autodesk Certified User in Inventor.
- Cost of exam: £100 + VAT per candidate.
- Length of exam: 50 minutes.
- Recommended preparation: Attend Inventor Essentials training, and have approximately 50 hours’ experience using the application.
- Further details: download exam guide.
Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP) exam in Inventor
Covers a broad range of skills and requires you to perform more complex tasks and design challenges in Inventor.
- Qualification: Autodesk Certified Professional in Inventor.
- Cost of exam: £150 + VAT per candidate.
- Length of exam: 2 hours.
- Recommended preparation: Attend Inventor Essentials, and have 400+ hours’ experience using the application.
- Further details: download exam guide.
If you book an ACU or ACP exam with us, a practice test is available. The test reflects the questions you’re likely to be asked in your exam; you can take this test online from home.
The test has two modes:
- Testing mode, which replicates your exam.
- Training mode, which provides step-by-step help on questions.
The practice test fee is £45 + VAT.
The practice test can be retaken up to 100 times in a one-year period.
When can I take my exam?
You can take your exam in one of our monthly exam days.
2018 exam dates: 29 Jun, 17 Aug, 14 Sep, 18 Oct, 16 Nov, 14 Dec.
Start time: ACU exams: 10am. ACP exams: 2pm.
You can take both an ACU exam and an ACP exam on the same day.
Exam sessions are hosted at our Saxon Business Park, Bromsgrove centre; from mid-2018, they’ll be available at our Milton Keynes centre.
Further details about Autodesk certification can be found at: