Teaches existing Autodesk Inventor users how to create and manage sheet metal designs.
The course begins by teaching basic sheet metal concepts and techniques, and then builds on this knowledge to cover complex modelling practices for forming sheet metal parts, assemblies and drawings.
As part of the course you’re taught a simple method for working out the K-Factor, key for anticipating Bend Deductions.
Inventor Sheet Metal Design training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) Inventor Sheet Metal Design courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account your existing knowledge knowledge, and the sheet metal work you’re going to be doing in Inventor.
Accredited Inventor training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our Inventor sheet metal courses are accredited by Autodesk.
Inventor sheet metal training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using Inventor for sheet metal design work.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for Inventor sheet metal, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Inventor Sheet Metal Design training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Inventor sheet metal training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Inventor trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Inventor, i.e. have attended Inventor Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge through other means
Training can be based on any recent version of Inventor to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Inventor training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Inventor training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Sheet metal overview
- Introduction to sheet metal
- Sheet metal design methods
- Sheet metal styles
- Industry techniques and standards
The sheet metal environment
- Contour Flanges
Sheet metal operations
- Sheet metal punching
- Corner seams
- Creating holes
- Creating corner rounds and corner chamfers
- Work features
- Pattern features
- Mirror features
Sheet metal design techniques
- Sheet metal design approaches
- Using skeletal models
- Using legacy DXF™ and DWG™ flat layout geometry
- Using legacy 3D geometry
- Complex sheet metal creation techniques
- Punch library setup
Using flat patterns
- Flat pattern creation and cleanup
- DXF™ and DWG™ export
- Tolerances in bends
Documenting sheet metal designs
- Creating sheet metal drawings
- Sheet metal documentation
- Notating bend and punch tables