Adobe Animate training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for producing professional-standard animations.
Adobe Animate (previously Flash Professional) is the industry leading software for creating engaging and visually powerful animated web content in a range of formats, including HTML5.
Our Introduction to Animate course provides a thorough grounding in the application exploring the features and tools you use to manipulate and optimise graphics, incorporate sound and video, and publish to a variety of devices.
Introduction to Animate training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) Animate courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Adobe Animate.
Accredited Adobe Animate training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Animate training.
Adobe Animate training is hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors, who are experts in the application, with vast experience of using it professionally.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Adobe Animate, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Adobe Animate training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Adobe Animate training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Adobe Animate trainer to help with any post-course issues.
No prior Adobe Animate experience or other specialist knowledge is required.
Adobe Animate version
Training can be based on any version of Adobe Animate to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Animate training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Animate training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
- Getting to know the workspace
- Working with the library panel
- Understanding the timeline
- Organising layers
- Using properties inspector and tools panel
- Undoing and previewing your movie
Working with graphics
- Understanding strokes and fills
- Creating and editing shapes
- Using gradient and bitmap fills
- Making patterns and decorations
- Creating curves
- Creating and editing text
Creating and editing symbols
- Importing Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Creating symbols
- Editing and managing symbols
- Changing size and position of Instances
- Changing colour effects of instances
- Applying filters for special effects
- Positioning in 3D space
- Understanding animation
- Animating position and transparency
- Changing the pacing and timing
- Animating filters and transformations
- Changing the path of the motion
- Swapping tween targets
- Creating nested animations
- Using motion editor, easing and 3D motion
Articulated motion and morphing
- Articulated motion with inverse kinematics
- Constraining joints
- Inverse kinematics with shapes
- Armature options
- Morphing with shape tweens, shape hints
- Simulating physics with spring feature
Creating interactive Navigation
- Understanding Interactive Movies
- Creating buttons
- Understanding ActionScript
- Adding a stop action
- Creating event handlers for buttons
- Creating destination keyframes
- Animating buttons
- Understanding TFL text
- Adding Multiple columns
- Wrapping text
- Hyperlinking text
- Working with vertical text
Working with sound and video
- Using sounds
- Understanding video
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Playback of external video
- Incorporating videos into Adobe Animate
- Using cue points
- Embedding video
Publishing to different devices, formats and platforms
- Testing a Flash document
- Understanding the bandwidth profiler
- Adding metadata
- Publishing a movie for the Web
- Creating standalone applications
- Exporting to HTML5