Adobe Animate training course for beginners, teaching how to produce professional-standard animations for incorporation into your website, app or e-learning tutorials.
This short courses teaches everything you need to create engaging and visually powerful animated web content in HTML5 format. You’ll learn to use Animate’s key features and tools to manipulate and optimise graphics, create and edit symbols and incorporate articulated motion and morphing.
Introduction to Animate training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. We don’t offer scheduled (public) Animate courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in Adobe Animate.
Accredited Adobe Animate training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Animate training.
Courses are hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors (ACIs), accredited by Adobe to host Animate courses. For details, see Expert trainers.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Adobe Animate, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Adobe Animate training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Adobe Animate training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Adobe Animate trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Adobe Animate experience or other specialist knowledge is required.
Adobe Animate version
Training can be based on any recent version of Adobe Animate to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Animate training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Introduction to Animate course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Introduction to Animate course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Introduction to Animate training courses are hosted by:
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
Mark is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Captivate.
Mark uses Captivate extensively in his professional work as an e-Learning developer. He is a recognised expert in all aspects of e-Learning, including hosting and LMS development.
Mark is also an expert user of Adobe Animate, which he uses to create animations to incorporate into his e-learning tutorials, bring them to life.
Prior to focusing on e-Learning, Mark worked in website development and Flash programming.
Away from e-Learning training and development, Mark works in the music industry as a programmer, writer, producer and performer. He recently co-wrote a song featured in the Oscar nominated movie ‘Volver’, starring Penelope Cruz.
Getting to know the workspace
- Working with the library panel
- Understanding the timeline
- Organising layers
- Using properties inspector and tools panel
- Undoing and previewing your movie
Working with graphics
- Understanding strokes and fills
- Creating and editing shapes
- Using gradient and bitmap fills
- Making patterns and decorations
- Creating curves
- Creating and editing text
Creating and editing symbols
- Importing Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Creating symbols
- Editing and managing symbols
- Changing size and position of Instances
- Changing colour effects of instances
- Applying filters for special effects
- Positioning in 3D space
- Understanding animation
- Animating position and transparency
- Changing the pacing and timing
- Animating filters and transformations
- Changing the path of the motion
- Creating nested animations
- Frame-by-frame animation
Articulated motion and morphing
- Articulated motion with inverse kinematics
- Constraining joints
- Inverse kinematics with shapes
- Armature options
- Morphing with shape tweens, shape hints
- Adding a stop action
- Creating event handlers for buttons
- Hyperlinking text
- Working with vertical text
- Exporting to HTML5