Dates and booking
Birmingham / Bromsgrove training centres
Milton Keynes training centre
Reading training centre
AutoCAD training course for beginners, teaching core skills for creating 2D drawings, plans and designs.
Our highly experienced AutoCAD instructors will teach you the key commands and techniques for producing high quality, accurate 2D drawings.
This course has been developed by CAD professionals to teach you in the most efficient way. It has been attended by many hundreds of delegates over 12 years.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Newcomers to AutoCAD and CAD drawing.
- Users who are self-taught, who want to learn correct techniques.
- Users who have previously used a different CAD tool and are switching to AutoCAD.
Is the training industry-specific?
The AutoCAD drawing techniques taught are generic, relevant to all industries. You will be able to apply them to whatever you’re going to be doing in the application.
Our trainers draw on exercises from a variety of disciplines.
Accredited AutoCAD training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for AutoCAD, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following AutoCAD training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should have a good working knowledge of Windows. No prior CAD knowledge is necessary.
Training is based primarily on AutoCAD 2019, running on Windows. It is relevant to:
- All recent versions of AutoCAD – 2010 and later.
- AutoCAD LT and full AutoCAD.
Please contact us if you’re going to be using AutoCAD for Mac.
Our guarantees to you
We want our delegates to go away satisfied.
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request AutoCAD training also available
As well as our scheduled courses, AutoCAD Essentials training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in AutoCAD. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for AutoCAD training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an AutoCAD training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
The AutoCAD interface
- Features of the ribbon
- The Application menu
- The Quick Access toolbar
- The command line
Creating basic drawings
- Creating basic objects
- Working with polylines
- Using object snaps
- Using object snap tracking
Accurate object creation
- Working with units
- Cartesian coordinates
- Polar coordinates
- Using Inquiry commands
- Zooming techniques
- Panning techniques
- Selecting objects in the drawing
- Moving objects
- Copying objects
- Rotating objects
- Mirroring objects
- Arraying objects
- Scaling objects
- Trimming and extending objects to defined boundaries
- Creating parallel and offset geometry
- Joining objects
- Filleting corners between two objects
- Chamfering corners between two objects
- Stretching objects
- Using layers
- Changing object properties
- Matching object properties
- Using the properties palette
- Using linetypes
Working with layouts
- Using page setups
- Using layouts
- Using viewports
- Scaling drawing views
Annotating the drawing
- Creating multiline text
- Creating single line text
- Using text styles
- Editing text
- Creating dimensions
- Using dimension styles
- Editing dimensions
- Using multileaders
- Hatching objects
- Editing hatch objects
Working with reusable content
- Creating and inserting blocks
- Using tool palettes
Plotting your drawings
- Plotting drawings
- PDF output
- Using Plotstyles
Creating drawing templates
- Using drawing templates
Demo of AutoCAD Mobile app and Web app
The AutoCAD 2019 toolsets
Discounts and bundles
To make your AutoCAD training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) AutoCAD training courses.
- Bundle prices if you attend AutoCAD Essentials along with other courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get introductory-level AutoCAD training for less.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled AutoCAD course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking. If you qualify for more than one of the above discounts, choose the one that saves you the most.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
AutoCAD training bundle. Attend:
for £995 + VAT, saving £390 + VAT.
Bundle prices are calculated automatically when you book online.
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.
When you attend AutoCAD training at Armada, you’re not assessed. Our courses have been developed to teach you skills you can use in the real world, not pass an exam. Separately, and in addition to our training, you have the option of taking a certification exam that leads to an industry-recognised credential in AutoCAD.
There are two levels of AutoCAD certification which are suitable for users at different stages in their careers: Autodesk Certified User and Autodesk Certified Professional.
Successful candidates receive:
- A personalised e-certificate (PDF) from Autodesk confirming their AutoCAD-certified status.
- An official Autodesk-Certified badge that you can use to market your skills, e.g. on your business cards, in your email signature, on your website, etc.
- The option of appearing in Autodesk’s publicly-accessible database of certified AutoCAD users.
Autodesk Certified User (ACU) exam in AutoCAD
Entry level exam covering the fundamental concepts and procedures in AutoCAD, as well as specific skills that are appropriate for ensuring a base level of proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Qualification: Autodesk Certified User in AutoCAD.
- Cost of exam: £100 + VAT per candidate.
- Length of exam: 50 minutes.
- Recommended preparation: Attend AutoCAD Essentials training, and have approximately 50 hours’ experience using the application.
- Further details: download exam guide.
Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP) exam in AutoCAD
Covers a broad range of skills and requires you to perform more complex tasks and design challenges in AutoCAD.
- Qualification: Autodesk Certified Professional in AutoCAD.
- Cost of exam: £150 + VAT per candidate.
- Length of exam: 2 hours.
- Recommended preparation: Attend AutoCAD Intermediate training, and have 400+ hours’ experience using the application.
- Further details: download exam guide.
If you book an ACU or ACP exam with us, a practice test is available. The test reflects the questions you’re likely to be asked in your exam; you can take this test online from home.
The test has two modes:
- Testing mode, which replicates your exam.
- Training mode, which provides step-by-step help on questions.
The practice test fee is £45 + VAT.
The practice test can be retaken up to 100 times in a one-year period.
When can I take my exam?
You can take your exam in one of our monthly exam days.
2018 exam dates: 29 Jun, 17 Aug, 14 Sep, 18 Oct, 16 Nov, 14 Dec.
Start time: ACU exams: 10am. ACP exams: 2pm.
You can take both an ACU exam and an ACP exam on the same day.
Exam sessions are hosted at our Saxon Business Park, Bromsgrove centre; from mid-2018, they’ll be available at our Milton Keynes centre.
Further details about Autodesk certification can be found at:
We offer a range of services to support your CAD work.
If you have a peak workload, or require assistance with a specific project, our highly experienced CAD designers can carry out project work for you. We offer CAD design services on an hourly or daily rate, or we can provide a fixed-price quote for your project.
We offer a full range of CAD design services, from 2D drafting to conceptual 3D modelling and engineering design.
Our experts can get you up and running quickly, maximising your investment in AutoCAD. We can:
- Configure AutoCAD, customising the CAD workspace for your specific requirements.
- Create standards, templates, symbols, styles, etc., tailored to your CAD work.
- Advise on workflow to streamline lengthy and tedious tasks.
Support is available at our centres, or on-site at your venue.
I hope to gain more confidence from this and keep learning as I go!"
with great patients and understanding.
had no previous experience with AutoCAD before. Also the venues food was great.