AutoCAD Plant 3D training course for beginners, teaching how to build and maintain 3D process plant models, and create content for use in 3D process plant models.
AutoCAD Plant 3D is a plant layout design tool used by designers and engineers to model and document process plants in 3D.
Our AutoCAD Plant 3D Essentials course provides a thorough grounding in the application and its key features. Sessions include:
- Building steel structure models.
- Creating equipment models.
- Create piping components.
- Project configuration.
- Working with data and using the Data Manager.
- Isometrics, orthographics and catalogues.
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essentials training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) AutoCAD Plant 3D courses. We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK. Please contact us for a quote.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in AutoCAD Plant 3D.
Accredited AutoCAD Plant 3D training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Plant 3D training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Plant 3D training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, highly experienced training in the application.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Plant 3D training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Plant 3D.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for AutoCAD Plant 3D, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD Plant 3D training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following AutoCAD Plant 3D training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD Plant 3D trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of standard AutoCAD, preferably in a 3D environment, is required. If you don’t have this knowledge, we recommend you attending AutoCAD Essentials training first.
A basic knowledge of process or piping industry practice is beneficial but not essential.
AutoCAD Plant 3D version
Training can be based on any recent version of AutoCAD Plant 3D to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for AutoCAD Plant 3D training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an AutoCAD Plant 3D training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Introduction to AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Introduction to AutoCAD Plant 3D
- The AutoCAD Plant 3D UI
- Creating a new diagram
Building a steel structure model
Creating equipment models
Create piping components
- Introduction to piping
- Routing pipe and adding fittings, branch connections and pipe supports
- Editing piping
- Advanced piping
- The Spec Editor
- The Branch Table Editor
- User-defined piping components
- Parametric vs block components
- Class properties
- Joint settings and end codes
- Piping specifications
- Tool palettes
Working with data
- The Data Manager
- Modifying data
- Reusing data
- Working with P&ID data in Plant 3D
Generating construction documents
- The Catalogue Editor
- The Catalogue Builder
- Producing Bills of Materials and other project deliverables