Comprehensive NavisWorks training for newcomers, teaching how to combine 3D models from cross disciplines into one scene, enabling effective review and analysis.
- Generating visual project model reviews.
- The TimeLiner – creating construction simulations of project models to check the validity of schedules.
- Using the Animator and Scripter features to create interactive animations.
- Using the Presenter, adding true-to-life materials, lighting and backgrounds to project models.
- Clash detection.
This course is ideal for new users of NavisWorks Manage or NavisWorks Simulate.
NavisWorks training is most effective when it’s provided ‘on-request’, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. Rather than just teach you generic techniques, we can base the training on your project models, showing you specifically the work you need to do. For this reason, we don’t offer scheduled (public) NavisWorks courses.
We can host your training at any of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
Accredited NavisWorks training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our NavisWorks training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
NavisWorks training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
NavisWorks training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running NavisWorks.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited NavisWorks training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
Because this training is typically bespoke, tailored to each client’s specific project models, there isn’t an appropriate training guide. Delegates take their own notes through the course.
After course support
Following NavisWorks training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their NavisWorks trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should have a good working knowledge of an Autodesk application, such as AutoCAD or Revit.
Training can be based on any recent version of NavisWorks to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Navisworks training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Navisworks training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Getting started with NavisWorks
- Opening and appending files
- Saving, merging and refreshing files
- About file types
- Database support
Visual project model reviews
- Absolute coordinate display
- The NavisWorks engine
- Performance indicators
- Selection tree and selecting objects
- Hiding objects and overriding materials
- Object properties
- Measuring and moving objects
- Selection and search sets
- Comments and redlining
- Comparing models
- NavisWorks real-time rendering
- TimeLiner overview
- Creating tasks
- Importing tasks from an external project file
- TimeLiner simulation
- Configuring and defining a simulation
- Simulation export
- Animator overview
- Creating a basic animation
- Cameras and camera viewpoints
- Manipulate geometry objects in an animation set
- Section plane sets
- Controlling animation scene playback
- Scripter overview
- Creating and managing scripts
- Creating and configuring actions
- Presenter overview
- Apply materials to model items
- Adding lighting effects to a scene
- Adding background effects
- Rendering effects
- Outputting rendered images
- Outputting animations (videos)
Presenter advanced features
- Editing and managing materials
- Advanced material editing
- Ground planes
- Individual light effects
- Image-based lighting
- Environment backgrounds and reflections
- Custom environments
- Light scattering
- Rich Photorealistic Content (RPC)
(NavisWorks Manage only)
- Clash Detective overview
- Selecting items to be clashed
- Clash test settings
- Setting clash rules
- Clash results
- Clash test reporting
- Audit checks
- Create and save batches of clash tests
- Export and import clash tests
- Custom clash tests
- Setting up custom clash tests
- Laser scan data clashing
- Holding and releasing objects
- SwitchBack in clash detective
- Time-based clashing