2 days In centre:
Comprehensive NavisWorks training for newcomers, teaching how to combine 3D models from cross disciplines into one scene, enabling effective review and analysis.
- Generating visual project model reviews.
- The TimeLiner – creating construction simulations of project models to check the validity of schedules.
- Using the Animator and Scripter features to create interactive animations.
- Using the Presenter, adding true-to-life materials, lighting and backgrounds to project models.
- Clash detection.
This course is ideal for new users of NavisWorks Manage or NavisWorks Simulate.
NavisWorks training is most effective when it’s provided ‘on-request’, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. Rather than just teach you generic techniques, we can base the training on your project models, showing you specifically the work you need to do. For this reason, we don’t offer scheduled (public) NavisWorks courses.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Accredited NavisWorks training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our NavisWorks training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
NavisWorks courses are hosted by Martin McCann, an Autodesk Certified Instructor, industry expert, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
NavisWorks training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running NavisWorks.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited NavisWorks training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
Because this training is typically bespoke, tailored to each client’s specific project models, there isn’t an appropriate training guide. Delegates take their own notes through the course.
After course support
Following NavisWorks training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their NavisWorks trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should have a good working knowledge of an Autodesk application, such as AutoCAD or Revit.
Training can be based on any recent version of NavisWorks to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Navisworks training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request NavisWorks course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request NavisWorks course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Martin McCann qualified as an Architect in 1986, and he holds a teaching certificate (further and adult education).
He is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), a capacity in which he has taught thousands of professionals, including Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers, for over 20 years.
Martin has expert knowledge of Revit, NavisWorks, ReCap, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture, amongst other Autodesk applications.
He has been commissioned by Autodesk on multiple occasions to host sessions for them at locations including New York, Chicago, Moscow, Milan and Munich. He has trained Autodesk’s staff and many other Autodesk Certified Instructors, and has operated as a visiting Lecturer at the University of Northumbria and Cambridge School of Art.
Martin is the author of the McCann’s BIM Guides series of published Revit training manuals.
Getting started with NavisWorks
- Opening and appending files
- Saving, merging and refreshing files
- About file types
- Database support
Visual project model reviews
- Absolute coordinate display
- The NavisWorks engine
- Performance indicators
- Selection tree and selecting objects
- Hiding objects and overriding materials
- Object properties
- Measuring and moving objects
- Selection and search sets
- Comments and redlining
- Comparing models
- NavisWorks real-time rendering
- TimeLiner overview
- Creating tasks
- Importing tasks from an external project file
- TimeLiner simulation
- Configuring and defining a simulation
- Simulation export
- Animator overview
- Creating a basic animation
- Cameras and camera viewpoints
- Manipulate geometry objects in an animation set
- Section plane sets
- Controlling animation scene playback
- Scripter overview
- Creating and managing scripts
- Creating and configuring actions
- Presenter overview
- Apply materials to model items
- Adding lighting effects to a scene
- Adding background effects
- Rendering effects
- Outputting rendered images
- Outputting animations (videos)
Presenter advanced features
- Editing and managing materials
- Advanced material editing
- Ground planes
- Individual light effects
- Image-based lighting
- Environment backgrounds and reflections
- Custom environments
- Light scattering
- Rich Photorealistic Content (RPC)
(NavisWorks Manage only)
- Clash Detection overview
- Selecting items to be clashed
- Clash test settings
- Setting clash rules
- Clash results
- Clash test reporting
- Audit checks
- Create and save batches of clash tests
- Export and import clash tests
- Custom clash tests
- Setting up custom clash tests
- Laser scan data clashing
- Holding and releasing objects
- SwitchBack in clash detective
- Time-based clashing
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Navisworks course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Navisworks training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online NavisWorks courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Navisworks.
- If you don’t have access to Navisworks software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.