Microsoft Access is a database creation and management program used to store large amounts of information for reference, reporting and analysis.
Armada offers Access training to users at all levels:
- Introduction to Microsoft Access (1 day)
- Intermediate Microsoft Access (1 day)
- Advanced Microsoft Access (1 day)
Microsoft Access training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
You can, for example, build your own Access course, choosing some introductory-level topics, some intermediate, some advanced, and even topics not listed on our standard syllabuses.
Exercises provide activity-based experience and help build confidence using Access. These exercises can be tailored to deal with issues specific to your business, for example we can base them on your Access templates.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures implemented – reduced numbers, social distancing, you won’t sit next to anyone else, comprehensive sanitisation.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Expert Microsoft Access trainers
Microsoft Access training is hosted by highly experienced instructors. See Expert trainers.
Introduction to Microsoft Access training (1 day)
Covers the concepts you need to know and the core functionality used to create, manage and utilise an Access database. Topics covered include:
- The Access Ribbon.
- Managing data in a database.
- Designing basic forms, queries, reports and filters.
- Querying a database.
Prerequisites: You should have a working knowledge of Windows. No prior Access knowledge is necessary.
Intermediate Microsoft Access training (1 day)
Following on from our introductory-level course, this course teaches more complex database tasks with a focus on consistency and integration with other applications. Topics covered include:
- More about forms, queries, reports and filters.
- Table features.
- Flexible queries.
- Data sharing and synching.
Prerequisites: You should be familiar with the fundamentals of Access, i.e. have attended Introduction to Access training or have equivalent knowledge.
Advanced Microsoft Access training (1 day)
Delves deeper into Access, building on your understanding of complex databases and teaching techniques to improve your speed and efficiency. The course covers:
- Advanced database tasks.
- Designing forms and queries.
- Database maintenance.
Prerequisites: You should have attended Intermediate Microsoft Access training or have equivalent knowledge.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Access, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of a Access training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Access training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Training can be based on any recent version of Access.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Microsoft Office training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Microsoft Access course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Microsoft Access course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Microsoft Office courses are hosted by Tim Price, Simon Lambourne and Wendy Sprakes.
Tim is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Office Specialist, Master and Expert. He has vast experience training in all recent versions of Office, as well as related applications such as SharePoint, Project and Access.
Tim has worked in the IT Industry for over 30 years. Prior to specialising in Microsoft Office training, he held roles in software development, application design and project management.
Tim is passionate about training and is known for his approachable, relaxed style of delivery. He gets tremendous satisfaction from facilitating in the development of other people.
Simon has been an IT trainer for over 10 years, specialising in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Simon enjoys training people of all abilities. He places a great emphasis establishing a good rapport with delegates, creating a high-quality learning environment which he can utilise to build confidence in the use of the applications being taught.
Away from training, Simon is an avid fan of the Marvel Superhero films and he enjoys cooking, especially curries!
Wendy Sprakes is a Microsoft Master Instructor (MMI) and a qualified teacher (QTS).
Wendy began her working life as a CAD operator, working through the ranks of trainee draughtsman, graduating as a professional Mechanical Engineer, through to Project Engineer in the CAE Industry.
She then went on to qualify as a teacher, and has been hosting Microsoft Office courses since 2000. Wendy trains all applications in the Office suite, including Word, Excel and other, more niche applications such as Visio and Project, from beginner to advanced and customised level. Wendy has been a staff member, delivering IT and Project Management modules for Chesterfield College, and a course leader for Microsoft Project at Sheffield Hallam University for five years.
Away from training, Wendy is an accomplished jazz musician. Her music enjoys regular airplay on both regional and national stations including BBC and JazzFM.
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a Microsoft Office course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Microsoft Office training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Microsoft Access courses are presented by expert instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Microsoft Office.
- If you don’t have access to Microsoft Office software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.