Dates and booking
Live online training
Reading training centre
AutoCAD for Mac software lets you utilise the power of AutoCAD using your Mac. It is integrated with the Mac OS, so you can access familiar Mac functions. It offers Mac-specific features including a specialised interface, coverflow navigation and multi-touch gestures.
AutoCAD for Mac Essentials training provides a thorough grounding for beginners. On completion, you will be able to use AutoCAD for Mac to create high quality, accurate 2D layouts and designs.
Going to be using AutoCAD on a Windows computer? See AutoCAD Essentials training.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Upcoming course dates
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Newcomers to AutoCAD for Mac, and CAD in general.
- Self-taught AutoCAD for Mac users who want to learn correct techniques.
- Users switching to AutoCAD for Mac from a different CAD tool.
Is AutoCAD for Mac training industry-specific?
The drawing techniques taught are generic, relevant to all industries. You will be able to apply them to whatever you’re going to be designing in AutoCAD for Mac.
Our trainers draw on exercises from a variety of disciplines.
How does AutoCAD for Mac training work?
You’ll attend the same course as people who learning to use AutoCAD running on Windows, and your trainer will demonstrate techniques using both AutoCAD for Mac and the Windows version of AutoCAD.
You’ll practice the techniques taught using a Mac.
Your trainer will be familiar with AutoCAD for Mac, and will be able to explain how to carry out all techniques taught in your course using AutoCAD for Mac.
AutoCAD vs AutoCAD for Mac
For a comparison of the features available in AutoCAD for Mac and AutoCAD running on a Windows computer, see autodesk.co.uk/compare/autocad-vs-autocad-for-mac.
Accredited AutoCAD for Mac training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC). Our AutoCAD for Mac courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD for Mac training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using AutoCAD and a wide range of other CAD applications professionally. Your trainer will be familiar with using AutoCAD in the MacOS. See Expert trainers.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD for Mac training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A practical training guide, to refer to during the course and use as a refresher after. Choose from a printed, bound guide or a PDF – whatever suits you best. If you’re participating online and you choose a printed guide, we’ll post this to you.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD for Mac training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk.
After course support
Following AutoCAD for Mac training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should have a good working knowledge of the Mac OS. No prior CAD knowledge is necessary.
If you’re completely new to AutoCAD for Mac, there’s some preparation and familiarisation we recommend you do in the week before your course, to make sure you hit the ground running. We send you details about this in your course joining instructions.
AutoCAD for Mac version
Training is based primarily on AutoCAD 2022 for Mac.
It is relevant to users of AutoCAD for Mac and AutoCAD LT for Mac, version 2016 and later.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request AutoCAD for Mac training available
AutoCAD for Mac Essentials training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request AutoCAD for Mac training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for AutoCAD for Mac training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled AutoCAD for Mac Essentials course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
AutoCAD for Mac Essentials training courses are hosted by:
Stewart began his working life as a junior draughtsman, and progressed through to Design Director leading a studio of designers working on both 2D and 3D projects.
He then worked for himself for over 25 years, completing around 100 design projects per year for a myriad of clients, including household names such as Vauxhall and McDonalds.
More recently, Stewart’s focus has been on training. He has been an Autodesk Certified Instructor since 2010, hosting courses in AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max, AutoCAD Plant 3D and SketchUp.
In between courses, Stewart uses these applications professionally when carrying out project work for clients. Using the applications regularly helps him to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and practices. He also specialises in the production of photorealistic rendered images and visualisations using renderers including V-Ray.
Outside of work, Stewart enjoys music (he runs the sound desk for a number of local bands), reading and playing with any new piece of technology he can lay his hands on!
Martin McCann qualified as an Architect in 1986, and he holds a teaching certificate (further and adult education).
He is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), a capacity in which he has taught thousands of professionals, including Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers, for over 20 years.
Martin has expert knowledge of Revit, NavisWorks, ReCap, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture, amongst other Autodesk applications.
He has been commissioned by Autodesk on multiple occasions to host sessions for them at locations including New York, Chicago, Moscow, Milan and Munich. He has trained Autodesk’s staff and many other Autodesk Certified Instructors, and has operated as a visiting Lecturer at the University of Northumbria and Cambridge School of Art.
Martin is the author of the McCann’s BIM Guides series of published Revit training manuals.
Rod has over 25 years’ experience working as a designer, visualisation expert and artist. His specialist areas include architecture, interior design and the production of photorealistic 3d virtual environments.
AutoCAD, 3ds Max and SketchUp have been the mainstay of Rod’s professional work for 20 years. He is also an expert in various related tools and technologies, including Photoshop, and he has expert knowledge of a wide range of renderers, including V-Ray, ART, Arnold and LightUp.
Rod has extensive experience training experience. He has worked as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Westminster on their Computer Visualisation course, and he is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor.
Away from his professional work, Rod is an accomplished artist and musician, and a prolific writer of novels, novella, poetry and prose.
Creating basic objects
- Working with lines
- Working with arcs
- Working with polylines
- Using grips
- Using object snaps
- Using object snap tracking
- Using polar tracking
Saving your work
- Other file formats, DXF, etc.
- Disaster recovery
Accurate object creation
- Working with units
- Dynamic input
- Using Inquiry commands
- Using measurement tools to find length, area, etc.
- Zooming techniques
- Panning techniques
- Selecting objects in the drawing
- Noun/verb selection
- Using Quick Select
- Moving objects
- Copying objects
- Rotating objects
- Mirroring objects
- Arraying objects
- Scaling objects
- Trimming and extending objects to defined boundaries
- Creating parallel and offset geometry
- Joining objects
- Filleting corners between two objects
- Chamfering corners between two objects
- Stretching objects
- Using layers
- Changing object properties
- Matching object properties
- Using the properties palette
- Using linetypes
Working with layouts
- Using page setups
- Using layouts
- Scaling drawing views
Annotating the drawing
- Creating multiline text
- Creating single line text
- Using text styles
- Editing text
- Creating dimensions
- Using dimension styles
- Editing dimensions
- Using multileaders
- Hatching objects
- Editing hatch objects
Working with reusable content
- Creating and inserting blocks and symbols
- Editing blocks and symbols
- Using tool palettes
- Working with groups
Layouts and paper space
- Understanding model space and paper space
- Creating layouts
- Creating and using viewports
- Setting viewport scales
Plotting your drawings
- Plotting drawings
- PDF output
- Multiple sheet drawings
- Using Plotstyles
- Creating drawing templates
- Using drawing templates
- AutoCAD toolsets
- AutoCAD web app
- AutoCAD mobile app
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real AutoCAD for Mac course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the AutoCAD for Mac training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online AutoCAD for Mac Essentials courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using AutoCAD for Mac.
- If you don’t have access to AutoCAD for Mac software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.
Discounts and bundles
To make your AutoCAD for Mac training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) AutoCAD for Mac training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get AutoCAD for Mac training for less.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled AutoCAD for Mac course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.