AutoCAD Electrical training course teaching core techniques for 2D electrical design.
The AutoCAD Electrical toolset provides a specialist solution for designing and drafting electrical controls systems. It offers a complete set of electrical CAD features, comprehensive symbol libraries and tools for automating electrical design tasks.
Our AutoCAD Electrical Essentials course provides thorough grounding in the AutoCAD Electrical application, teaching how to use the key features, commands and tools for professional 2D electrical design and drafting.
- Understanding AutoCAD Electrical project files.
- Electrical schematic drawing.
- Working with PLC symbols.
- Creating custom symbols.
- Terminal plan drawing.
- Generating reports.
Delegates learn techniques for making significant productivity gains.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at electricians, and anyone else who wants to start designing and documenting electrical control systems using the AutoCAD Electrical application.
Accredited AutoCAD Electrical training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Electrical training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Electrical training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, highly experienced in training in the application.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Electrical training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Electrical.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for AutoCAD Electrical, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD Electrical training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following AutoCAD Electrical training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD Electrical trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of AutoCAD, i.e. have attended AutoCAD Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge.
AutoCAD Electrical version
Training is based primarily on AutoCAD Electrical 2019, running on Windows. It is relevant to all recent versions of AutoCAD Electrical.
Our guarantees to you
We want our delegates to go away satisfied.
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request AutoCAD Electrical training also available
As well as our scheduled courses, AutoCAD Electrical training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in AutoCAD Electrical. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for AutoCAD Electrical training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an AutoCAD Electrical training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- Introduction to the course
- Overview of AutoCAD Electrical
- Overview of screen layout
Understanding project files
- Creating a new project
- WDF project files
- Project Manager interface
Electrical schematic drawing
- Wire numbering
- Component tagging
- Electrical control circuits
- Schematic symbol libraries
- Editing commands
Working with PLC symbols
- Insert PLC (parametric)
- Insert PLC (full units)
- Insert Individual PLC I/O points
- PLC based tagging
- Spreadsheet to PLC I/O utility
Creating custom symbols
- Creation of schematic symbols
- Naming convention
- Icon menu wizard
- AutoCAD Electrical databases
Terminal plan drawing
- Insert terminal symbol
- Manipulation of the terminal plan
- Multiple level terminals
- Multiple insert component command
- Insert jumpers
- Terminal strip editor
- DIN Rail command
- Save an external file
- Put on drawing
- Configure report templates
- Running automatic reports
- Electrical audit
To make your AutoCAD Electrical training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) AutoCAD Electrical training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get AutoCAD Electrical training for less.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled AutoCAD Electrical course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.