AutoCAD Electrical training course teaching the key techniques for 2D electrical design.
The AutoCAD Electrical application is Autodesk’s specialist control panel and electrical CAD drafting software.
Our AutoCAD Electrical Essentials course provides thorough grounding in the AutoCAD Electrical application, teaching how to use the key features, commands and tools for professional 2D electrical design and drafting.
Topics covered include:
- Building diagrams and panel layouts.
- Using utilities to develop and manage drawings of electrical controls.
Delegates learn techniques for making significant productivity gains.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at electricians, and anyone else who wants to start designing and documenting electrical control systems using the AutoCAD Electrical application.
Accredited AutoCAD Electrical training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Electrical training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Electrical training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, highly experienced in training in the application.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Electrical training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Electrical.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for AutoCAD Electrical, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD Electrical training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following AutoCAD Electrical training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD Electrical trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of AutoCAD, i.e. have attended AutoCAD Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge.
AutoCAD Electrical version
Training can be based on any recent version of AutoCAD Electrical to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for AutoCAD Electrical training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an AutoCAD Electrical training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
- Introduction to the course
- Overview of AutoCAD Electrical
- Overview of screen layout
Understanding project files
- Creating a new project
- WDF project files
- Project Manager interface
Electrical schematic drawing
- Wire numbering
- Component tagging
- Electrical control circuits
- Schematic symbol libraries
- Editing commands
Working with PLC symbols
- Insert PLC (parametric)
- Insert PLC (full units)
- Insert Individual PLC I/O points
- PLC based tagging
- Spreadsheet to PLC I/O utility
Creating custom symbols
- Creation of schematic symbols
- Naming convention
- Icon menu wizard
- AutoCAD Electrical databases
Terminal plan drawing
- Insert terminal symbol
- Manipulation of the terminal plan
- Multiple level terminals
- Multiple insert component command
- Insert jumpers
- Terminal strip editor
- DIN Rail command
- Save an external file
- Put on drawing
- Configure report templates
- Running automatic reports
- Electrical audit