Adobe Audition training course for beginners, introducing to the key tools available in for multitrack digital audio recording, mixing and editing.
Audition is a professional audio workstation used to create and work with digital audio. It provides a comprehensive toolset including multitrack, waveform, and spectral display.
Our Introduction to Audition course provides a thorough grounding for beginners, teaching key techniques including:
- Importing assets.
- Editing and trimming.
- Repairing audio.
- Recording audio.
- Working with video.
- Setting levels and mixing.
This course is ideal for newcomers to Audition and those with limited Audition experience.
Introduction to Audition training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) Adobe Audition courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the type of sound editing work you’re going to be doing.
Accredited Audition training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Audition training.
Courses are hosted by Chris Nelthorpe, an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI).
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Adobe Audition, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Audition training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Adobe Audition training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Audition trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Adobe Audition knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any version of Audition to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Audition training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Introduction to Audition course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Introduction to Audition course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Adobe Audition courses are hosted by Chris Nelthorpe.
Chris is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI). He uses Audition extensively in his professional work as a Sound Designer.
Chris has worked on documentaries, short films, fashion shoots, corporate videos and features for clients including Forces TV and British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS).
Welcome to Adobe Audition
- Introduction to Adobe Audition
- Using Adobe Audition
- New features
- Example projects
- Audio definitions
Learning the interface
- Navigating Adobe Audition – Workspaces and Customisation
- Multitrack view and waveform editor
- Non-destructive vs. destructive editing
- Customising Keyboard Shortcuts
- Media browser and previewing files
- Drag and drop
- Importing OMF
- Importing video files
- Linking and relinking
Editing and trimming
- Moving and positioning clips
- Trimming clips
- Fades and cross dissolves
- Loop and group
- Auto align
- Separate multichannel clips
- Spectral waveform overview
- Repairing clipped audio
- Removing background noise
- Removing clicks and hums
- Cleaning frequencies
- The effects rack vs. clip effects
- Dynamic effects
- Time stretching clips
- Favorites – EQ, reverb, mastering
- Creating a standalone clip
- Recording in an existing Session
Working with video
- The video workspace
- Maintaining audio synchronisation
- Working with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Working with other NLEs
Setting levels and mixing
- Match volume panel
- Envelopes and keyframes
- Introduction to the mixer
- Sends and buses
- Exporting to Adobe Premiere Pro
- Batch processing