Adobe Audition training course for beginners, teaching how to create, mix and edit voice and music clips.
Audition is a professional audio workstation used to create and work with digital audio. It provides a comprehensive toolset including multitrack, waveform, and spectral display.
Our Introduction to Audition course provides a thorough grounding for beginners, teaching key techniques including:
- Importing assets.
- Editing and trimming.
- Repairing audio.
- Recording audio.
- Working with video.
- Setting levels and mixing.
This course is ideal for newcomers to Audition and those with limited Audition experience.
Introduction to Audition training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) Adobe Audition courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the type of sound editing work you’re going to be doing.
Accredited Audition training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Audition training.
Audition training is hosted by an Adobe Certified Instructor, who is an expert in the application, with vast experience of using it professionally.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Adobe Audition, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Audition training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Adobe Audition training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Audition trainer to help with any post-course issues.
No prior Adobe Audition knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any version of Audition to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Audition training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Audition training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Welcome to Adobe Audition
- Introduction to Adobe Audition
- Using Adobe Audition
- New features
- Example projects
- Audio definitions
Learning the interface
- Navigating Adobe Audition – Workspaces and Customisation
- Multitrack view and waveform editor
- Non-destructive vs. destructive editing
- Customising Keyboard Shortcuts
- Media browser and previewing files
- Drag and drop
- Importing OMF
- Importing video files
- Linking and relinking
Editing and trimming
- Moving and positioning clips
- Trimming clips
- Fades and cross dissolves
- Loop and group
- Auto align
- Separate multichannel clips
- Spectral waveform overview
- Repairing clipped audio
- Removing background noise
- Removing clicks and hums
- Cleaning frequencies
- The effects rack vs. clip effects
- Dynamic effects
- Time stretching clips
- Favorites – EQ, reverb, mastering
- Creating a standalone clip
- Recording in an existing Session
Working with video
- The video workspace
- Maintaining audio synchronisation
- Working with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Working with other NLEs
Setting levels and mixing
- Match volume panel
- Envelopes and keyframes
- Introduction to the mixer
- Sends and buses
- Exporting to Adobe Premiere Pro
- Batch processing