Adobe Audition training, teaching key techniques for multi-track audio recording, mixing and editing.
Audition is a professional audio workstation used to create and work with digital audio. It provides a comprehensive toolset including multi-track, waveform, and spectral display. Our Audition course provides a thorough grounding. Sessions include:
- Importing assets.
- Editing and trimming.
- Repairing audio.
- Recording audio.
- Working with video.
- Setting levels and mixing.
This course is ideal for newcomers to Audition and those with limited Audition experience.
Audition training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. We can provide your training in-class at one of our centres, at your venue, or online.
Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
Been furloughed? You can still participate in training without this affecting your furloughed status, as confirmed on gov.uk.
In-class or online
In-class courses are now available to book again. We’re taking comprehensive measures to ensure your health and well-being – fewer people in-class, you won’t sit next to another person, comprehensive cleaning. To read more, see Covid-19 measures.
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Accredited Audition training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Audition training.
Courses are hosted by Chris Nelthorpe, an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) who uses Audition extensively in his professional work.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Adobe Audition, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Audition training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Adobe Audition training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Audition trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior Adobe Audition knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any version of Audition to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Audition training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Audition course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Audition course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Chris is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in both After Effects and Premiere Pro. He is also an expert user of Adobe Audition. He uses all three applications extensively in his professional work as an Editor, Motion Graphics Designer, Visual Effects Artist and Sound Designer.
Chris has worked on documentaries, short films, fashion shoots, corporate videos and features, editing over a hundred show reels for clients including Forces TV and British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS).
Welcome to Adobe Audition
- Introduction to Adobe Audition
- Using Adobe Audition
- New features
- Example projects
- Audio definitions
Learning the interface
- Navigating Adobe Audition – Workspaces and Customisation
- Multitrack view and waveform editor
- Non-destructive vs. destructive editing
- Customising Keyboard Shortcuts
- Media browser and previewing files
- Drag and drop
- Importing OMF
- Importing video files
- Linking and relinking
Editing and trimming
- Moving and positioning clips
- Trimming clips
- Fades and cross dissolves
- Loop and group
- Auto align
- Separate multichannel clips
- Spectral waveform overview
- Repairing clipped audio
- Removing background noise
- Removing clicks and hums
- Cleaning frequencies
- The effects rack vs. clip effects
- Dynamic effects
- Time stretching clips
- Favorites – EQ, reverb, mastering
- Creating a standalone clip
- Recording in an existing Session
Working with video
- The video workspace
- Maintaining audio synchronisation
- Working with Premiere Pro
- Working with other NLEs
Setting levels and mixing
- Match volume panel
- Envelopes and keyframes
- Introduction to the mixer
- Sends and buses
- Exporting to Premiere Pro
- Batch processing
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Audition course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Audition training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Audition courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Audition.
- If you don’t have access to Audition software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.