HTML and CSS – design and code a website training
2 days In centre:
HTML and CSS training course for beginners, teaching how to code websites.
Whilst most websites today are created using a CMS like WordPress, or through a website builder like GoDaddy, there is another option – you can design and create a static website by writing your own HTML and CSS.
This pacy, practical course teaches how to write code in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and develop Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). You’ll learn skills to create and maintain flexible, accessible websites with Content Management Systems suitable for viewing on desktops, tablets and mobiles.
- Web standards, the W3C and WHATWG.
- Creating and testing pages.
- HTML and structure – why it matters.
- About hyperlinks.
- Images and HTML.
- About CSS.
- Publishing a website.
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to work with HTML and CSS for website development – marketeers, graphic designers, administrators, web content editors, and many, many more.
HTML and CSS – design and code a website training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
WordPress courses are hosted by expert trainers with vast knowledge and experience of web development and coding. See Expert trainers.
How will I learn?
HTML and CSS – design and code a website training is hands-on and practical.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- Comprehensive training materials for HTML/CSS, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an HTML and CSS – design and code a website training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following HTML/CSS training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior coding knowledge is necessary.
Whilst a little HTML or CSS knowledge will be beneficial, and experience using an HTML-based tool like Adobe Dreamweaver will come in handy, this is not essential.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for HTML/CSS training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request HTML and CSS – design and code a website course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request HTML and CSS – design and code a website course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
Web standards, the W3C and WHATWG
- HTML 5
Creating and testing pages
- Creating HTML
- Testing HTML pages
- About DocTypes and rendering modes
- The vast world of browsers
- About Character entities
HTML and structure – why it matters
- Paragraphs and line breaks
- Other structural elements
- HTML5 and structure
- Structure and Accessibility
- Structure and Search Engine Optomisation (SEO)
- How links work
- Linking to other sites
- Linking to pages in your site
- Links within a page
- Email links
Images and HTML
- Graphics formats
- Adding images
- Images and accessibility
- Links and images
- About buttons
- How CSS works
- Understanding CSS style rules
- Linking to CSS
- About CSS selectors
- Basic CSS box models and properties
- Using CSS to layout web pages
Publishing a website
- Using FTP to publish and update a site
- About Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online HTML and CSS – design and code a website courses are presented by expert instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on, and you carry out assisted exercises.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.