Learn to use the AutoCAD Architecture toolset for architectural design. Available at our centres, or your venue.
Our AutoCAD Architecture Essentials course teaches the key commands for architectural design, and explores the resources and tools available to increase productivity in the design process.
The topics covered include:
- Basic wall construction and wall openings.
- Structural design.
- Designing ceilings, stairs, railings, floors, roofs.
- Drawing management.
- Models views.
AutoCAD Architecture Essentials training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) AutoCAD Architecture courses. We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
As we’d be hosting this course exclusively for you/your group, the training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in AutoCAD Architecture.
Accredited AutoCAD Architecture training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Architecture training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Architecture training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Architecture training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Architecture.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for AutoCAD Architecture, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD Architecture training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following AutoCAD Architecture training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD Architecture trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of standard AutoCAD, i.e. have attended AutoCAD Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge.
AutoCAD Architecture version
Training can be based on any version of AutoCAD Architecture to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for AutoCAD Architecture training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an AutoCAD Architecture training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Introduction to AutoCAD Architecture
- Understanding AutoCAD Architecture
- The user interface
- Viewing in 3D
Basic Wall Construction
- Adding walls
- Modifying walls
- Creating curtain walls
Creating Wall Openings
- Adding wall openings
- Modifying wall openings
- Creating column grids and columns
- Modifying column grids
- Annotating column grids
- Working With structural members
Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Creating ceiling grids
- Modifying ceiling grids
- Inserting ceiling fixtures
- Adding stairs
- Modifying stairs
- Adding railings
- Modifying railings
- Creating floor slabs
- Modifying floor slabs
- Editing slabs using Slab Tools
- Creating roofs
- Modifying roofs
- Working with roof slabs
- Modifying roof slabs
- Roof Slab Tools
Fixtures, Furnishings and Equipment
- Furnishing the building design
- Adding blocks to the Tool Palettes
Introduction to Drawing Management
- Project concepts
- Using the Project Navigator
Building Model Views
- Boundary and detail callouts
- Elevations and building sections
- Modifying callout objects
- Using live sections
- Drawing scale for annotation
- Adding text and leaders
- Dimensioning in AutoCAD Architecture
- Other annotation tools
- Adding door and window tags
- Editing tag data
- Creating schedules
- Editing schedules