AutoCAD Architecture training
3 days In centre:
Short AutoCAD Architecture training course teaching key techniques for architectural design.
Our AutoCAD Architecture course teaches architectural design using the AutoCAD Architecture toolset. Sessions include:
- Basic wall construction and wall openings.
- Structural design.
- Designing ceilings, stairs, railings, floors, roofs.
- Drawing management.
- Models views.
AutoCAD Architecture training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) AutoCAD Architecture courses. We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
As we’d be hosting this course exclusively for you/your group, the training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in AutoCAD Architecture.
Been furloughed? You can still participate in training without this affecting your furloughed status, as confirmed on gov.uk.
In-class or online
In-class courses are now available to book again. We’re taking comprehensive measures to ensure your health and well-being – fewer people in-class, you won’t sit next to another person, comprehensive cleaning. To read more, see Covid-19 measures.
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Accredited AutoCAD Architecture training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our AutoCAD Architecture training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
AutoCAD Architecture courses are hosted by Simon Oliver, an Autodesk Certified Instructor, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
AutoCAD Architecture training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running AutoCAD Architecture.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
AutoCAD Architecture training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for AutoCAD Architecture, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited AutoCAD Architecture training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following AutoCAD Architecture training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their AutoCAD Architecture trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of standard AutoCAD, i.e. have attended AutoCAD Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge.
AutoCAD Architecture version
Training can be based on any version of AutoCAD Architecture to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for AutoCAD Architecture training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request AutoCAD Architecture course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request AutoCAD Architecture course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
AutoCAD Architecture training courses are hosted by:
Simon studied Building and Civil Engineering and worked for a short while in a shop fitting drawing office. This gave him a good background for when he started to work with AutoCAD and Autodesk’s architectural add-on such as AEC and AutoCAD Architecture.
Simon became a CAD operator at one of the first Autodesk main dealers in the UK in the mid 1980’s, and soon progressed to carrying out sales demonstrations, hosting training and providing support to companies in a wide range of industry sectors.
Since 1992, Simon has focused on training, continuing to specialise in AutoCAD and the AutoCAD Architecture toolset. He is is a long-standing Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), and has City and Guilds training qualifications.
Martin McCann qualified as an Architect in 1986, and he holds a teaching certificate (further and adult education).
He is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), a capacity in which he has taught thousands of professionals, including Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers, for over 20 years.
Martin has expert knowledge of Revit, NavisWorks, ReCap, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture, amongst other Autodesk applications.
He has been commissioned by Autodesk on multiple occasions to host sessions for them at locations including New York, Chicago, Moscow, Milan and Munich. He has trained Autodesk’s staff and many other Autodesk Certified Instructors, and has operated as a visiting Lecturer at the University of Northumbria and Cambridge School of Art.
Martin is the author of the McCann’s BIM Guides series of published Revit training manuals.
Introduction to AutoCAD Architecture
- Understanding AutoCAD Architecture
- The user interface
- Viewing in 3D
Basic Wall Construction
- Adding walls
- Modifying walls
- Creating curtain walls
Creating Wall Openings
- Adding wall openings
- Modifying wall openings
- Creating column grids and columns
- Modifying column grids
- Annotating column grids
- Working With structural members
Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Creating ceiling grids
- Modifying ceiling grids
- Inserting ceiling fixtures
- Adding stairs
- Modifying stairs
- Adding railings
- Modifying railings
- Creating floor slabs
- Modifying floor slabs
- Editing slabs using Slab Tools
- Creating roofs
- Modifying roofs
- Working with roof slabs
- Modifying roof slabs
- Roof Slab Tools
Fixtures, Furnishings and Equipment
- Furnishing the building design
- Adding blocks to the Tool Palettes
Introduction to Drawing Management
- Project concepts
- Using the Project Navigator
Building Model Views
- Boundary and detail callouts
- Elevations and building sections
- Modifying callout objects
- Using live sections
- Drawing scale for annotation
- Adding text and leaders
- Dimensioning in AutoCAD Architecture
- Other annotation tools
- Adding door and window tags
- Editing tag data
- Creating schedules
- Editing schedules
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real AutoCAD Architecture course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the AutoCAD Architecture training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online AutoCAD Architecture courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using AutoCAD Architecture.
- If you don’t have access to AutoCAD Architecture software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.