2 days In centre:
InfraWorks training course for beginners, teaching key techniques for infrastructure design and urban planning.
InfraWorks 3D design and engineering software provides a comprehensive, real-world solution for your infrastructure design and urban planning. It offers easy integration with Civil 3D, Revit Structure and other applications, and supports BIM workflows.
InfraWorks training is ideal for civil engineers, planners and others who need to create preliminary infrastructure and urban designs and proposals, incorporating a wide variety of data. The techniques covered include:
- Modelling your project’s existing environment, incorporating survey-grade 2D/3D details and GIS data.
- Designing roads, bridges, drainage, and more, incorporating engineering principles.
- Analysing your model, to make better decisions for sight distance, flood simulation, and more.
- Communicating your 3D site plan proposals for faster approvals.
- Show your designs in a realistic environment by creating high-impact visualisations and videos using storyboards.
InfraWorks training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Accredited InfraWorks training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our InfraWorks courses are accredited by Autodesk.
InfraWorks courses are hosted by Philip Madeley, an Autodesk Certified Instructor, industry expert and Fellow of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors.
How will I learn?
InfraWorks training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainer teaches the necessary theory, then demonstrates techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running InfraWorks.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
InfraWorks training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for InfraWorks, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited InfraWorks training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following InfraWorks training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their InfraWorks trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates must have a working knowledge of an Autodesk CAD application, such as AutoCAD or Civil 3D. If you don’t have this knowledge, we recommend you attending AutoCAD Essentials training first.
A good understanding of civil engineering concepts, and/or a GIS application is beneficial but not essential.
Training can be based on any recent version of InfraWorks to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for InfraWorks training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request InfraWorks course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request InfraWorks course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Philip’s background is in Civil Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, and has worked as a Consultant in this industry for many years.
Philip is also a long-standing Autodesk Certified Instructor, with specialist knowledge of AutoCAD and related GIS applications such as Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D and InfraWorks.
Philip’s approach to training is practical. He loves to utilise his knowledge and experience to show delegates how they can make best use of the software on their own projects.
Away from training, Philip’s interests are photography, and watching rugby and cricket. He also does voluntary work, and describes himself as an all-round lover of life.
Getting started with InfraWorks
- The InfraWorks user Interface
- 3D viewing and navigation tools
Building and managing models
- Using the Model Builder
- Creating and editing models
- Managing styles
Terrain and feature themes
- Creating conceptual roads in the model
- Creating and adding buildings and other city furniture
- Creating coverages
- Add vegetation
- Creating a pipe network
- Creating railways and adding railway furniture
- Creating water features
- Add miscellaneous details to you model
- Creating and editing roads
- Creating junctions and roundabouts
- Modifying horizontal and vertical layouts
- Working with intersections
- Balancing cut and fill along the road
- Line of sight analysis
- Sight distance analysis
- Creating bridges
- Configuring bridges
- Structural analysis
- Creating drainage networks
- Automatic networks for road models
- Creating culverts
- Terrain analysis
- Watershed analysis
Analysing the model
- Measuring the model
- Analysing shadows
- Visualising the model at time of day and year
Visual communication and data transfer
- Creating high-impact visualisations
- Using storyboards to analyse and visualise your designs
- Creating videos from storyboards
- Importing from and exporting to Civil 3D
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real InfraWorks course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the InfraWorks training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online InfraWorks courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using InfraWorks.
- If you don’t have access to InfraWorks software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.