One-day blogging course teaches everything you need to know to begin hosting a successful blog for your business.
More and more organisations are realising the benefits of blogging. An effective blog raises an organisation’s profile and credibility, builds stronger relations with clients and improves a website’s ranking in search engines.
Our Blogging for business course is ideal for:
- Newcomers to blogging, who are either considering blogging or are just about to start a blog.
- Existing bloggers who want to improve the quality and effectiveness of their blog.
The course teaches everything you need to know to host a successful blog. It begins with a short overview of the benefits of blogging, and quickly gets delegates started by creating a blog. This blog is then used to learn and practice the techniques taught throughout the course, which include:
- Ways to make a blog attractive to readers, improving design and increasing effectiveness.
- How to write a good blog – expanding its content with links, photos and video.
- Blogs and SEO – improving your website’s/blog’s ranking on search engines.
- Using a blog for wider marketing activities, and making money from affiliate marketing.
- Blogging pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Blogging for business training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) blogging courses. This approach means that we can tailor your training to your exact business needs.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
Blogging for business courses are hosted by Robert Bullard, a highly experienced trainer who has over twenty five years’ experience in a varied range of writing roles.
How will I learn?
Training combines lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice.
Exercises provide activity-based experience and help build delegates’ confidence writing effectively. These exercises can be tailored to deal with issues specific to your business and the blog you want.
You have ample opportunity to discuss specific requirements with the trainer.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for Blogging for business, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of a Blogging for business training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Blogging for business training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for blogging for business training training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Blogging For business course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Blogging For business course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Blogging for business courses are hosted by Robert Bullard.
Robert has over twenty five years’ experience in a varied range of writing roles including technical author, copywriter, feature writer and freelance journalist.
He has worked for several national newspapers and magazines including The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, Local Government Chronicle and Community Care, and has experience in the PR and media industries having ventured into national and regional radio, giving interviews and writing press releases.
Robert also carries out regular training course development work, and he delivers a variety of training courses in all aspects of writing for business.
He particularly enjoys relaying the knowledge he has acquired in his extensive and diverse career.
- What is a blog – definitions and essentials
- An introduction to blogging, drawing on relevant case studies
- The power of blogs – how they can benefit a business
Setting up a blog
- Guidance on different platforms – WordPress and Blogger
- The pros and cons of using externally hosted versus self‑hosted blogs
- Ideas for good content
- The importance of knowing your audience
- Developing a blogging strategy
Increasing your blog’s effectiveness
- Answers to all your questions on what makes a good blog – ideal length, frequency, subject, writing style, etc.
- Tips for writing with impact
- Ways to make your blogs attractive to readers and improve your blog’s design
- Expanding your blog’s content with links, photos and video content
- Including features with widgets and plugins
- Dealing with blogger’s block, readers’ comments and other challenges
- Blogging pitfalls and how to avoid them
Your blog in context
- Promoting your blog with keywords
- Integrating your blog and website for SEO, improving your website’s ranking on search engines
- Monitoring and evaluating your blog
- Using your blog for wider marketing activities
- Making money from affiliate marketing