Blog writing training teaching practical techniques for hosting and writing a successful blog for your business.
More and more organisations are realising the benefits of blogging. An effective blog raises an organisation’s profile and credibility, builds stronger relations with clients and improves a website’s ranking in search engines.
Blog writing for business training is ideal for:
- Newcomers to blogging, who are just about to start a blog.
- Existing bloggers who want to improve the quality and effectiveness of their blog.
You’ll learn everything you need to host a successful blog. It begins with a short overview of the benefits of blogging. You’ll then create a blog that you’ll use to learn and practice the techniques taught throughout the course. Sessions include:
- Ways to make a blog attractive to readers, improving design and increasing effectiveness.
- How to write a good blog – expanding its content with links, photos and video.
- Blogs and SEO – improving your website’s/blog’s ranking on search engines.
- Using a blog for wider marketing activities, and making money from affiliate marketing.
- Blogging pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Blog writing for business training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. We can provide your training in-class at one of our centres, at your venue, or online.
Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
In lockdown or been furloughed?
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Been furloughed? You can still participate in training without this affecting your furloughed status, as confirmed on gov.uk.
Subject to Government guidance, we plan to recommence in-class courses late June, applying social distancing measures – fewer people per class, you won’t sit next to another person.
Blog writing for business training is hosted by Robert Bullard, a highly experienced trainer who has over twenty five years’ experience in a varied range of writing roles.
How will I learn?
Training combines lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice.
Exercises provide activity-based experience and help build delegates’ confidence writing effectively. These exercises can be tailored to deal with issues specific to your business and the blog you want.
You have ample opportunity to discuss specific requirements with the trainer.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- Comprehensive training materials, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher back in the work-place.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of a Blog writing for business training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Blog writing for business training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for business writing training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Blog writing for business course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Blog writing for business course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Robert has over twenty five years’ experience in a varied range of writing roles including technical author, copywriter, feature writer and freelance journalist.
He has worked for several national newspapers and magazines including The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, Local Government Chronicle and Community Care, and has experience in the PR and media industries having ventured into national and regional radio, giving interviews and writing press releases.
Robert also carries out regular training course development work, and he delivers a variety of training courses in all aspects of writing for business.
He particularly enjoys relaying the knowledge he has acquired in his extensive and diverse career.
- What is a blog – definitions and essentials
- An introduction to blogging, drawing on relevant case studies
- The power of blogs – how they can benefit a business
Setting up a blog
- Guidance on different platforms – WordPress and Blogger
- The pros and cons of using externally hosted versus self‑hosted blogs
- Ideas for good content
- The importance of knowing your audience
- Developing a blogging strategy
Increasing your blog’s effectiveness
- Answers to all your questions on what makes a good blog – ideal length, frequency, subject, writing style, etc.
- Tips for writing with impact
- Ways to make your blogs attractive to readers and improve your blog’s design
- Expanding your blog’s content with links, photos and video content
- Including features with widgets and plugins
- Dealing with blogger’s block, readers’ comments and other challenges
- Blogging pitfalls and how to avoid them
Your blog in context
- Promoting your blog with keywords
- Integrating your blog and website for SEO, improving your website’s ranking on search engines
- Monitoring and evaluating your blog
- Using your blog for wider marketing activities
- Making money from affiliate marketing
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a business writing course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer and other delegates participating in the business writing training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Blog writing for business courses are presented by expert instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on, and you carry out assisted exercises.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.