Teaches a range of complex features and techniques that you can use to achieve sophisticated designs and impressive animations and interactivity. Sessions include:
- Banner ads.
- ActionScript interactivity.
- Effects and filters.
- Inverse kinematics.
- Advanced audio and video.
This course is ideal is for existing users who want to take their use of Adobe Animate to the next level.
Intermediate Animate training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. We can provide your training in-class at one of our centres, at your venue, or online.
Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
Been furloughed? You can still participate in training without this affecting your furloughed status, as confirmed on gov.uk.
In-class or online
In-class courses are now available to book again. We’re taking comprehensive measures to ensure your health and well-being – fewer people in-class, you won’t sit next to another person, comprehensive cleaning. To read more, see Covid-19 measures.
You can participate in this course online, from your place of work or home, at a discounted price. To read about how this works, see Live online training.
Accredited Adobe Animate training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide Animate training.
Courses are hosted by Adobe Certified Instructors (ACIs), accredited by Adobe to host Animate courses. For details, see Expert trainers.
Training guide and certificate
Because of the flexible ‘workshop approach’ adopted with this course, delegates take their own notes on the topics covered, rather than work through a set training guide.
Delegates receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Animate training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Adobe Animate training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Adobe Animate trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Animate, i.e. have attended have attended Introduction to Animate training or have equivalent knowledge.
Adobe Animate version
Training can be based on any recent version of Adobe Animate to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Animate training can be made bank transfer or card.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies and public sector organisations.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months.
For further details, see training course payment options.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Intermediate Animate course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Intermediate Animate course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Intermediate Animate training courses are hosted by:
Marek is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor.
Adobe applications which Marek has expert knowledge of include InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Animate and Acrobat. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in all of these applications, and he uses them regularly in his professional work.
Marek is the author of a range of published books and video training DVDs including The Complete Photoshop CC, The Complete Lightroom CC and Unleash the power of Photoshop.
Based on delegate feedback collected by Adobe in 2015, Marek was ranked in the top 10 Adobe Certified Instructors in the world!
Prior to focusing on training, Marek worked as a professional photographer for over 12 years. Photography remains his passion, and in his spare time he travels Europe in search of that perfect picture.
Mark is a long-established Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Captivate.
Mark uses Captivate extensively in his professional work as an e-Learning developer. He is a recognised expert in all aspects of e-Learning, including hosting and LMS development.
Mark is also an expert user of Adobe Animate, which he uses to create animations to incorporate into his e-learning tutorials, bring them to life.
Prior to focusing on e-Learning, Mark worked in website development and Flash programming.
Away from e-Learning training and development, Mark works in the music industry as a programmer, writer, producer and performer. He recently co-wrote a song featured in the Oscar nominated movie ‘Volver’, starring Penelope Cruz.
Advanced animation techniques
- Using the Motion Editor
- 3D motion
- Simulating physics with spring feature
Creating interactive Navigation
- Understanding Interactive Movies
- Creating buttons
- Creating destination keyframes
- Animating buttons
- Understanding TFL text
- Adding Multiple columns
- Wrapping text
- Tweening and the Timeline
- Swapping tween targets
- Guiding the objects
- Creating paths
- Editing paths
- Subselection tool
- Importing Photoshop artwork
- Importing Illustrator artwork
- Using masks in Animate
- Creating mask layers
- Animating masked content
- Masking content with AS 3.0
- Removing masking
Creating banner ads
- Tips on creating HTML5 banner ads
- Banner ad sizes
- Creating expandable banners
- Creating banner ads with transparency
- Scripting code
- Using actions panel
- Adding actions
- Removing actions
- Adding code to frames
- Adding code to objects
- Controlling symbols with actions
- Creating ActionScript functions
- Working with dynamic text fields
Working with effects and filters
- Color and brightness effects
- Tint and alpha effects
- Advanced effects
- Animated filters
- Applying and removing filters
- Copying filters
- Creating filter presets
Advanced inverse kinematics
- Creating bone structures
- Inverse kinematics with movie clips
- Inverse kinematics with shapes
- Animating inverse kinematics structures
Working with audio
- Using sounds
- Importing sounds
- Stream sounds
- Event sounds
- Supported sound file formats
- Editing sounds in Animate
- Sounds library
Working with video
- Understanding video
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Playback of external video
- Importing video
- Supported video file formats
- Streaming or downloading video
- Using cue points
- Embedding video
- Using FLV and F4V videos
- Using MP4 videos
- Import Video wizard
- Controlling video playback
Digital Magazines (DPS)
- Design considerations for animated content for digital magazines
- Planning animated magazine cover design
- Creating an animated magazine cover
- Exporting animated magazine cover from Animate
- Importing animated magazine cover into InDesign
Advanced exporting and converting
- Converting documents to other formats
- Document converter
- Converting animations to HTML5
- Exporting raster images as Sprite Sheets
- Creating Android, iOS and AIR apps
- Packaging apps for Android, iOS, AIR
- Different formats available
- Understanding the bandwidth profiler
- Adding metadata
- Publishing a movie for the Web
- Creating standalone applications
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Animate course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Animate training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Intermediate Animate courses are presented by Adobe Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Animate.
- If you don’t have access to Animate software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.