Advanced Cinema 4D training for existing users, teaching new concepts and techniques for creating visually stunning renders and animations.
The topics taught include:
- Advanced animating, covering advanced-level keyframes and keyframe splines, and F-Curve controls.
- Particles, covering their creative use, working with emitters and using forces.
- Dynamics, covering the creation of cloth, rigid and software bodies, and the use of connectors and forces.
- Advanced rendering, covering lighting schemes and techniques for advanced realism.
This course is ideal for existing Cinema 4D users who want to learn enhanced skills, to power-user level.
Cinema 4D Advanced training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
Training online or on-site
Cinema 4D courses are available in our popular live online format, or in-person at client’s sites. We’re not currently able to offer Cinema 4D training at our centres.
Cinema 4D courses are hosted by Mark Gatter, a long-established consultant and trainer with expert knowledge of Cinema 4D.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- Comprehensive training materials for Cinema 4D, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of a Cinema 4D training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Cinema 4D training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Cinema 4D trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should have a good working knowledge of Cinema 4D, i.e. have attended our Introduction to Cinema 4D course, or have equivalent knowledge.
Cinema 4D version
Training can be based on any recent version of Cinema 4D to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this as a ‘closed course’ for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these times to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for Cinema 4D training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Cinema 4D Advanced course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Cinema 4D Advanced course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Cinema 4D Advanced training courses are hosted by:
For over 30 years, Wolf has worked as a professional Visual Effects Artist, specialising in Motion Graphics, 2D and 3D animations and compositing, mainly in the film and broadcast television industries.
Wolf has worked as a professional trainer and university lecturer for over 15 years, equipping hundreds of people with skills to bring their ideas to life.
He trains people to a professional level in a range of industry-standard applications, including Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro and Audition, and Maxon Cinema 4D.
Mark is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) with expert knowledge of Adobe’s key creative applications – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Acrobat. He also has expert knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D.
Mark has specialised in all aspects of the digital pre-press process for over three decades, including 18 years in California, where he worked as the production manager for the biggest print shop in the north part of the state.
He began training in 1998, and he holds a teaching qualification.
He has published five books, which you’ll find on Amazon, covering topics relating to graphic design and polytunnel gardening, one of Mark’s interests when not delivering training.
- Keyframes in detail
- Creating a bouncing ball
- F-Curve controls
- Keyframe splines
- Understanding particles
- Creative uses of particles
- Working with emitters
- Using forces
- Creating rigid bodies
- Creating soft bodies
- Creating cloth
- Connectors and forces
- Hinges, motors and springs
- Creating complex animations with dynamics
- Lighting schemes
- Improving render quality
- Creating advanced realism
- Reducing render times
Live online training
Online training lets you participate in a live Cinema 4D course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and the other delegates participating in the course…
- Watch our trainer demonstrate techniques in Cinema 4D.
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to take control to explain something.
Like our in-class courses, online Cinema 4D Advanced courses…
- Are presented by expert instructors.
- Give you plenty of opportunity to carry out assisted, practical exercises using Cinema 4D.
- Offer 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
All you need is an Internet-connected computer with…
- Cinema 4D installed.
- A webcam and audio capability. If your computer running Cinema 4D doesn’t have these, you can use a second device, such as another computer or tablet. See Hardware recommendations for live online training for further details.
If there’s anything you’re not sure about we’ll do our best to help you. We won’t, however, be able to assist with your Cinema 4D installation.
We provide everything else…
- Links to download the files, resources, etc. you’ll use in your course.
- A training guide. For most courses, you can choose from a printed copy that we post to you, or a PDF.
In the week before your course, we’ll send you an email containing everything you need to prepare for and participate in the training. Then, a couple of days before your course, we’ll give you a courtesy call to make sure you have everything in place and answer any questions you may have.
Please note that we are not able to record scheduled online courses for privacy reasons.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time