Fusion 360’s integrated CAM functionality brings enterprise-class machining capabilities to the desktop.
Fusion 360 CAM and CNC training provides a thorough grounding for beginners. It teaches everything you need to program your CNC machine to generate your Fusion 360 designs. You’ll learn how to use Fusion 360 to:
- Create a suitable CAM setup.
- Design fixtures.
- Prepare your 2D and 3D models for machining on CNC routers and mills.
- Perform 2D cutting.
- Perform 3D machining.
- Export your design as G-code suitable for your specific CNC machine.
The course is highly practical. We have a CNC machine in the classroom that our trainer uses to demonstrate. Click here to see our CNC machine in use. Our CNC machine is portable, so can be brought to your venue for on-site courses. Online delegates can see the CNC machine in operation through a dedicated webcam.
In-class or online
Our centres are open for in-class training, with full safety measures and comprehensive sanitisation implemented.
We continue to offer all courses in our popular live online format.
Upcoming course dates
Accredited Fusion training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our Fusion 360 CAM and CNC courses are accredited by Autodesk.
Fusion 360 CAM and CNC courses are hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors from an engineering background with vast experience of using the application professionally. For further details, see Expert trainers.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training materials, to refer to throughout the course and use as a refresher after.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Fusion 360 CAM and CNC training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Fusion 360 CAM and CNC training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of Fusion 360, i.e. have attended Fusion 360 Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge through other means.
If you need to attend Fusion 360 Essentials first, we offer a Fusion 360 training bundle price for both courses.
Fusion 360 version
Training is based on the latest version of Fusion 360, running on Windows or Mac.
Our guarantees to you
- A price guarantee that you’re getting the best value for money.
- A training guarantee that you’ll learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Fusion 360 training available
Fusion 360 CAM and CNC training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group, hosted at one of our centres, your venue or online.
On-request Fusion 360 training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Fusion 360 training can be made by:
- Bank transfer. Please call 01527 834783 for our bank details.
- Card. All major credit and debit cards accepted. Payment can be made securely online or over the phone. Card payments are processed by Stripe. Armada doesn’t record or store your card details.
If you’re self-funding your training, you can pay in staged payments, interest-free, over 12 months. For further details, see Staged payments.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies or public sector organisations.
Cancellations and transfers
You can cancel a booking on a scheduled training course, or transfer to a later course, without penalty providing you give us 10 working days’ notice. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
If you cancel a booking on a scheduled Fusion 360 CAM and CNC course giving less than 10 working days’ notice, or request a transfer to a later course, a cancellation/transfer fee is payable. The fee charged depends on the notice period given. For details, see cancellation terms.
Different terms apply for the cancellation or postponement of an on-request course (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group). For details, see course cancellations.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Fusion 360 CAM and CNC courses are hosted by:
Carl Portman has been an Autodesk-accredited instructor for 25 years, a College Lecturer (City and Guilds 3D modelling) for 15 years and a CAD consultant for 35 years.
Carl’s background is in engineering. He has vast design experience in a wide range of industries, including automotive, aerospace and medical, and he continues to carry out project work for a range of clients. Projects that Carl has completed include designing complete car plants for Jaguar Land Rover.
Carl has expert knowledge of:
- A wide range of 3D design applications used in engineering, including AutoCAD, Alias, Fusion 360, Inventor and SolidWorks.
- Machining, CAM and CNC.
Away from work, Carl’s passion is motorsport, and until recently he raced motorbikes. He knows Silverstone and Brands Hatch like the back of his hand, and he has the scars to prove it.
Andy has worked in CAD for over 30 years in roles including Draughtsman, CAD System Manager, Project Manager and Design Engineer.
In recent years, Andy has focused on developing and delivering training courses. He is a long-established Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), and he focuses primarily on Autodesk applications including AutoCAD, Inventor, Fusion 360, 3ds Max and Sketchbook, as well as Dassault Systemes SolidWorks.
Andy continues to undertake project work to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and practices. He specialises in modelling complex 3D designs from prototype to production, including the development of visuals and animations for a range of engineering projects.
Industries in which Andy has significant experience include aerospace, defence and automotive.
Creating a CAM setup
- Exploring the Fusion 360 CAM environment
- Creating a job setup
- Configuring tools and stock material
- Creating and using tools in the library
- Defining toolpaths for a variety of cut types.
- Simulating and post processing the Job
- Face milling
- Holding the components
2D cutting operations
- Preparing your 2D design for machining
- 2D contours and pockets
- Strategies for adaptive clearance
- Drilling operations
- Circular, slot and trace machining
- Defining toolpaths for a variety of cut types
- 3D strategies
- Preparing your 3D model for machining
- Basic turning operations
- Operations for threading and chamfering
- Creating setup sheets
- Complete 3D roughing and finishing
- Generate G-code for your specific CNC machine
Live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real Fusion 360 course from your place of work or home.
We do everything possible to make your online training experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom. You can:
- See and hear our trainer, and see the other delegates participating in the Fusion 360 training…
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer, and allow them to control it to demonstrate something.
We endeavour to provide you with the best online training experience…
- Online Fusion 360 CAM and CNC courses are presented by Autodesk Certified Instructors, following the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- You receive comprehensive training materials.
- Your training is hands-on. You carry out assisted exercises using Fusion 360.
- If you don’t have access to Fusion 360 software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
All you need is an internet-connected computer and a webcam – see Hardware recommendations for live online training. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
For a limited time, we’re offering discounts for bookings on live online courses.
Discounts and bundles
To make your Fusion 360 CAM training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Fusion 360 training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Fusion 360 training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Fusion 360 training for less.
Fusion 360 CAM training bundle
- Fusion 360 Essentials training (3 days), and
- Fusion CAM and CNC (2 days)
for £895 + VAT (classroom-based) or £645 + VAT (live online training), saving £95 + VAT in both cases.
The bundle price will be applied automatically when you add these two courses to your basket.
If you book multiple places on any courses, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and live online training.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Fusion 360 course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
These discounts are available for both classroom-based courses and remote training.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- For classroom-based courses, be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- For online training, be a live course, i.e. not pre-prepared e-learning content.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.