Bespoke 3ds Max training for existing users.
Because of the different ways that 3ds Max can be used once you get beyond the basics, we gear Advanced 3ds Max training towards our clients’ specific requirements and the type of visualisations they’re looking to produce. We arrange for you to discuss your requirements with our 3ds Max trainer, who then makes a recommendation of the training that meets these.
Advanced 3ds Max training can be hosted at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK. Please contact us for a quote.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in 3ds Max.
Accredited 3ds Max training
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our 3ds Max training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
3ds Max courses are hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors who are experts in 3D design, CGI and the production of visualisations and rendered images. They have been providing training in 3ds Max and similar applications to industry for over 20 years.
How will I learn?
3ds Max training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running 3ds Max.
There is plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for 3ds Max, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited 3ds Max training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following 3ds Max training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their 3ds Max trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of 3ds Max, i.e. have attended 3ds Max Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge.
3ds Max Version
Training can be based on any version of 3ds Max to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for 3ds Max training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Advanced 3ds Max course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Advanced 3ds Max course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
When you attend 3ds Max training at Armada, you’re not assessed. Our courses have been developed to teach you skills you can use in the real world, not pass an exam. Separately, and in addition to our training, you have the option of taking a certification exam that leads to an industry-recognised credential in 3ds Max.
There are two levels of 3ds Max certification which are suitable for users at different stages in their careers: Autodesk Certified User and Autodesk Certified Professional.
Successful candidates receive:
- A personalised e-certificate (PDF) from Autodesk confirming their 3ds Max-certified status.
- An official Autodesk-Certified badge that you can use to market your skills, e.g. on your business cards, in your email signature, on your website, etc.
- The option of appearing in Autodesk’s publicly-accessible database of certified 3ds Max users.
Autodesk Certified User (ACU) exam in 3ds Max
Entry level exam covering the fundamental concepts and procedures in 3ds Max, as well as specific skills that are appropriate for ensuring a base level of proficiency in 3ds Max.
- Qualification: Autodesk Certified User in 3ds Max.
- Cost of exam: £100 + VAT per candidate.
- Length of exam: 75 minutes.
- Recommended preparation: Attend 3ds Max Essentials training, and have approximately 50 hours’ experience using the application.
- Further details: download exam guide.
Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP) exam in 3ds Max
Covers a broad range of skills and requires you to perform more complex tasks and design challenges in 3ds Max.
- Qualification: Autodesk Certified Professional in 3ds Max.
- Cost of exam: £150 + VAT per candidate.
- Length of exam: 2 hours.
- Recommended preparation: Attend 3ds Max Essentials training, and have 400+ hours’ experience using the application.
- Further details: download exam guide.
If you book an ACU or ACP exam with us, a practice test is available. The test reflects the questions you’re likely to be asked in your exam; you can take this test online from home.
The test has two modes:
- Testing mode, which replicates your exam.
- Training mode, which provides step-by-step help on questions.
The practice test fee is £45 + VAT.
The practice test can be retaken up to 100 times in a one-year period.
When can I take my exam?
You can take your exam in one of our monthly exam days.
2019 exam dates: 16 Aug, 20 Sep, 18 Oct.
Start time: ACU exams: 10am. ACP exams: 2pm.
You can take both an ACU exam and an ACP exam on the same day.
Exam sessions are hosted at our Saxon Business Park, Bromsgrove centre.
Further details about Autodesk certification can be found at: