Learn techniques and best practices for creating dynamic and flexible families and content that can be used in all Revit working environments.
The ability to create families and intelligent parametric content for use in your Revit models helps you realise extensive productivity improvements. This course teaches everything you need to know to begin creating your own Revit families and content.
The techniques you learn cover the basics of family and content creation within Revit, from profile and simple families through to nested fully parametric objects. They are relevant to all disciplines, whether you’re using Revit for Architecture, Structures or MEP.
The training is practical and ‘hands-on’; throughout the course you create your own content that you can take away with you.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to get to grips with the fundamentals of family and content creation within Revit.
Accredited Revit training
Armada is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC), and our Revit training courses are accredited by Autodesk.
Revit training is hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors, with vast experience of using the application professionally.
How will I learn?
Revit training is hands-on and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on a computer running Revit.
There is plenty of time to ask questions.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A highly-practical training guide for Revit, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an accredited Revit training course. This is emailed to delegates directly from Autodesk. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following Revit training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their Revit trainer to help with any post-course issues.
Whilst prior Revit knowledge is beneficial, it’s not essential.
Training is based primarily on Revit 2019, running on Windows. It is relevant to all recent versions of Revit.
Our guarantees to you
We want our delegates to go away satisfied.
Our price guarantee is your assurance that you’re getting the best value for money.
Our training guarantee ensures that you learn the concepts and skills you need.
On-request Revit training also available
As well as our scheduled courses, Revit families and content creation training is also available on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group, hosted at one of our centres, or your venue.
On-request training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the specific content you want to use in your Revit models. Please contact us for a quote.
Payment for Revit training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
If a company or delegate cancels an Revit training course booking giving less than 10 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
The Family Editor
- Getting to know the Editor UI
- Differences between the family and project interfaces
- A guide to selecting the right template
- Family categories
- Working planes – understanding the different options
- Reference lines or planes?
- Setting dimensions as parameters
- Creating additional parameters
Basic family creation
- Creating 2D and 3D geometry
- Family testing
- Family types
- Shared parameters vs family parameters vs project parameters
- Tags and labels
- Catalog creation
- Family type parameters
MEP and other sources of content
- Loading and using 3D objects from other software
- MEP connections
Families and standards
- Background data in families
- COBIE standards
- NBS standards
- Supervised practice exercise to create your own families, specific to your needs
Discounts and bundles
To make your Revit training as affordable as possible, we offer:
- A discounted Revit training bundle.
- A range of training discounts on our scheduled (public) Revit training courses.
- A price guarantee that you won’t get Revit training for less.
Revit training bundle
- Revit Families and Content Creation (2 days)
for £895 + VAT, saving £175 + VAT.
The bundle price is applied automatically when you book the two courses.
If you book multiple course places, we can offer you:
- 10% discount if you book two places.
- 15% discount if you book three or four places.
- 20% discount if you book five or more places.
This can be for several people attending one course, one person attending several courses, or a combination.
We offer a 10% discount on scheduled Revit course places to:
- Students, teachers and lecturers.
- People who work for a registered charity.
- ISTC members.
- Delegates self-funding their training for career progression purposes.
Please call us if you qualify for a discount. Evidence of your status that entitles you to a discount may be requested.
Terms and exclusions
Only one of the above discounts can be applied to any booking.
The above discounts are not available for training bundles or on-request course bookings (one-to-one training or a course for your group).
When you book training with Armada, we want you to be certain that you’re not paying over-the-odds. So, if you book a place on any scheduled (public) course and then find the same course at a lower price elsewhere, we will match that price.
To qualify for the price match:
- The course you find must be comparable. By this we mean it must:
- Cover the same subject.
- Be the same duration or longer.
- Hold the same accreditations as our course, i.e. it must be provided by an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC).
- Be in the same region, i.e. within 50 miles of our centre.
- The lower price must be advertised on the other company’s website.
To claim a price match, just call any time before attending your course and tell us where you saw the price.