HTML5 training course for beginners, getting you started developing HTML5.
The features, tags and functionality available in HTML5 provide everything you need to develop flexible, accessible websites and applications suitable for viewing on desktops, tablets and mobiles.
Our Introduction to HTML5 course gets you started developing in HTML5. Sessions cover:
- Responsive website development.
- HTML5 tagging and Doctype.
- Browser support for HTML5 features.
- The development of HTML5 forms.
- Incorporating native video and audio.
Introduction to HTML5 training is available on-request only, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed’ course for your group. We don’t currently offer scheduled (public) HTML5 courses.
We can host the training at one of our centres, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
The training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing in HTML5.
Accredited HTML5 training
Armada is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC), accredited by Adobe to provide HTML5 training.
HTML5 training is hosted by an industry expert, with vast professional experience of developing using HTML5.
Training guide and certificate
Course delegates receive:
- A comprehensive training guide for HTML5, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited HTML5 training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
After course support
Following HTML5 training, delegates are entitled to 30 days’ email support from their HTML5 trainer to help with any post-course issues. For further details, see Support.
No prior HTML5 knowledge is necessary.
Training can be based on any version of HTML5 to suit you.
Standard course times are 9.30am–4.30pm.
As we’d be hosting this course for you/your group, there’s usually flexibility to change these to suit you, e.g. start or end 30 minutes earlier or later.
Payment for HTML5 training can be made bank transfer or card. View training course payment options.
We accept purchase orders from UK-registered companies.
Cancellations and postponements
If an on-request Introduction to HTML5 course booking is cancelled giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a cancellation fee is payable. View cancellation terms.
If an on-request Introduction to HTML5 course booking is postponed giving less than 20 working days’ notice, a postponement fee is payable. View postponement terms.
Terms and conditions
Training course bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- Web technologies
- Evolution of the Web and HTML
- Web standards and W3C
- Browsers and browser wars
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Mobile web browsers
- File management
- Naming conventions
- Preparing assets
- What is a DocType
- HTML5 DocType vs HTML4/XHTML1.0 DocType
Head and body
- Adding meta tags, keywords, descriptions
- Adding script tags
- Linking to CSS
- Deﬁning media type (media queries)
- HTML comments
- HTML5 sections
- HTML5 articles, asides and footers
- Styling HTML5 pages with CSS
- Basics of canvas in HTML5
- Drawing with Canvas
- Drawing paths
- Drawing gradients
- Drawing a smiley face
- Capturing images
- Saving images as PNG/JPEG
- Animating images
- Multiple video formats
- Converting audios and videos using free tools
- Providing differently compressed videos for mobile devices
- New input types
- Fields and fieldsets
- Form elements outside the form